A two month review of THP from a new guy.

Golferbest

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello, my name is golferbest and im an addict.(ice broke). So im writing this for the new'er people to the forum. Im not a professional writer nor do I claim to use the best grammer. I am however fairly new to this site and want to encourage all the people who have just recently joined or who dont post.

Why I joined : Honestly the words "member testing" comes to mine. Part of me wanted to be that guy, but the other part about reading actual reviews from people who had no biased opinions on these items. Just regular people like myself doing what we all love, hitting new shiny clubs and tell other addicts their feeling ... loves it.

The first 2-3 weeks : Nervous to say the least. Im a people person.. work with the public and have never been timid. However, its a little different here. Least it was for me. I truly didnt know what to type, how my comments would be taken, or the abusive angry words that might come from others. Ha, looking back I utterly laugh all of this. If you read and remember any part of this long winded review DONT BE SCARED TO POST, DONT BE FEARFUL OF PEOPLE BEING MEAN. It has been said on many many threads and I wont kick a dead horse but you get what you put in.

Week 4-5 . So im outting in post, get a few responses here and there. Im obsessed witb the welth of knowledge on this site. Previous threads and some of the knowledge in members heads. Swing tips, fitting tips, clubs , golf balls, shoes, food, resturants, cigars and believe me when I say if I had the finger strength to go on I could type forever. #search is helpful..just saying. Out of fear I avoided asking for a spot in the gauntlet is fl. "Wheres my baby powder".. I truly missed out on skmething that would have been amazing because I was nee here and was scared to ask.

Week 6 - first mc entry. Totally was not putting something on a video in front of people I dont know. .psssshhh.. Again "Wheres the baby powder" need to smack my damn self. Fear of putting myself out there. Then you watch these videos and see the encouragement members give each other. Not tomention the creativity of our diverse group of members friends and family. Im sure after seeing the winners I wouldnt have won, but it was ridiculous to let fear(nervous) decide that instead of judges.

All in a nutshell - I joined the albotross club not only to get into the mc and other events but also to support a community of people that are just as much into something as me. Id have given more without it just to keep a place like this alive.
Are there groups or cliques in here? No, there are members of a family. Ive found out that does range from the distant 4 times removed cousin all the way up to brotherhood. Why is it this way, well because of the sheer amount of people that come and go. Truthful I say a certain percentage of this is because people dont let themselves be themselves here...

So in my final words I challenge all my other newbies to this great place to make it to a outing, if I happen to make it too remind me of this and ill buy you a drink. I also challenge you to talk to members here in these threads. I honestly am more excited about meeting some of these people rather than beating them at golf... kidding...kinda :)

Good encouraging words there Gb. Well said. For some reason I already feel that you have been here for a good while, not just 6 weeks. To all newbies that is the way to do it, just join in and people really don't think about how long you have been a part of the forum.

That was fantastic GB.

Thanks for taking the time to post that, it was a great read and it makes me happy to see that even through some apprehension you posted up and were greeted as family!

:act-up: A nice read...newbie here as well. And I was also very hesitant to say the least,,hesitant to post swing and make any suggestions or comments. I'm glad everyone has an ".open mind " here and are also very understanding of what we are trying to do. Some other places online are completely opposite of this place. If you talk about a swing tour or opinion they don't agree on,,your life in this either places will be filled with disappointment...and a feeling of not being accepted with the so called " in " crowds.

Glad ad I came to this site.,very refreshing,, every response and every thread I have visited are real down to earth and open to suggestions,,and opinions

that is a sign of a great forum and great members

mm

Great post. Jump in and enjoy!!

Something tells me this thread will be referenced back to in numerous discussions in the future...well done

Very well said dude. You hit the nail on the head with this post.

Couldn't have said it better myself. THP is a magical like no other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice post really sums up what THP is all about. Don't be afraid to jump in and contribute. I have met some great people on here and plan on meeting more.

Great post! :welcome:

Happy to hear your loving being part of THP. It takes members like you that make THP a great place to be at. So welcome to THP and enjoy the Ride Bud.

Very well said Golferbest. I think you hit exactly how a lot of new members feel. THP is a great, friendly place and every member should jump right in and contribute.

really good post, an excellent read.

Really great post GB. I love the part about you get out of THP what you put into it. If you want to go out and meet THPers and have a great time, you absolutely will. If you sit on the sidelines afraid you will never have that experience. I am not even talking about official events. If you see someone post from your area, send them a message and see if they want to play. There is never any need for an ice breaker. We all love golf. The other stuff is just easy.

That put a HUGE smile on my face to read. Awesome stuff dude.

Great post. Nice to see your thoughts on your first couple months here and that it's been positive for you. This place really is fantastic. So many great people and so much great information. For any new person it really is best to just dive in and you won't regret it.

I gotta be honest, your obsession with baby powder disturbs me. :D

I gotta be honest, your obsession with baby powder disturbs me. :D

Lmfao.. I'm a huge movie buff. How high movie quote about the baby powder...

Great thread GB! I went through the same process/feelings as you described. After the Cincinnati invitational this past April my mindset changed. It's intimidating with all the knowledgable people here but they are more then happy to help. Keep entering the MC contests...you never know what could happen!!

Great post GB, I enjoyed reading it and I'm glad you feel comfortable here!

That is extremely similar to my first few months on THP. Looking back at the 'stages' I went through I just laugh now but it is understandable. The majority of internet forums are places where cowards, keyboard heros and bullies get their 20 seconds of fame so I came in with my guard up. I love how the people here act behind the keyboard like they would in person (at least as far as I can tell) and it's why I've decided to be an active member. I signed up for Albatross Club just because I thought I wanted to test things but now I do it just to give back a little for what this site gives me.

THP FTW!

Awesome post GB. I'm sure many people share similar thoughts when first jumping on here. This is a great read for new comers, and everyone else as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post, THP is a truly special place, and I'm so proud to be a member of the this awesome family!

Great post. As a "newer than most" member, I totally agree with you get out what you put in. I was a little nervous going to the Gauntlet and meeting 23 strangers. But they ended up not being strangers at all but more like friends and family. Awesome feeling !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back