The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure they can deal with it for all the awesome stuff they get. They work hard, deserve the credit, and deserve the goods. If people want to read, theyll read. I'm sure the THP Reviews arent hurting for reads, although they don't get loads of action in the threads. It is what it is.

I find it more interesting on how people know who has read what though, I'd love to find out more about how people know that for transparency.

Freddie I cant agree more. It really bums me out that these guys works so hard on product reviews and they, for the most part, fall on deaf ears.

We know who reads the home page and who doesn't

Im sure they can deal with it for all the awesome stuff they get. They work hard, deserve the credit, and deserve the goods. If people want to read, theyll read. I'm sure the THP Reviews arent hurting for reads, although they don't get loads of action in the threads. It is what it is.

I find it more interesting on how people know who has read what though, I'd love to find out more about how people know that for transparency.

Still with this stuff? Does it ever end?

I read every review on here. I'm no golf tech aficionado, and that's one of the bonuses of these reviews here, is I'm learning new stuff. I'm sure there's several factors that contribute to people not asking questions. First and foremost, these guys do an absolute stellar job of testing/reviewing these things inside and out. For a lot of people, I'd bet they cover all you need to know. Another is if someone is not in the market at all for whatever is being reviewed. They might enjoy the review, but not feel it necessary to dig for extra info on top of what's already been provided. One more reason, which might also seem like one that would create more questions, is if you just don't know tech of the equipment well. It may be difficult to know what to ask when it comes down to specifics of how/why the equipment was designed the way it is, or how the performance reflects the design.

Anywho, just my $.02 on why there may not be a ton of questions. Because I do believe many many people read them, and enjoy them.

What are you talking about? I complimented the testers, agreed with JB.

Im being honest, I'd like to know more about the process of how certain people know who reads what?

Because they're admins and the 'control panel' software internal to the hosting company tracks all that stuff. I used to run a site for my career field in the USAF. I could see every page hit, how long they stayed on it, where they went after that page, where they came from to this page, etc. It was tracked by IP address, but with some minor investigative work, you could figure out who it was and, in my case, I could actually change the IP address to a physical name, like Bob Jones. Then I could see that Bob Jones entered the site on page B, stayed for 3 minutes, went to pages T, E, R and L, then left.

Last edited:
Is that based on IP Address?
Because they're admins and the 'control panel' software internal to the hosting company tracks all that stuff. I used to run a site for my career field in the USAF. I could see every page hit, how long they stayed on it, where they went after that page, where they came from to this page, etc.

I read every review on here. I'm no golf tech aficionado, and that's one of the bonuses of these reviews here, is I'm learning new stuff. I'm sure there's several factors that contribute to people not asking questions. First and foremost, these guys do an absolute stellar job of testing/reviewing these things inside and out. For a lot of people, I'd bet they cover all you need to know. Another is if someone is not in the market at all for whatever is being reviewed. They might enjoy the review, but not feel it necessary to dig for extra info on top of what's already been provided. One more reason, which might also seem like one that would create more questions, is if you just don't know tech of the equipment well. It may be difficult to know what to ask when it comes down to specifics of how/why the equipment was designed the way it is, or how the performance reflects the design.

Anywho, just my $.02 on why there may not be a ton of questions. Because I do believe many many people read them, and enjoy them.

Not trying to guilt anyone or making them explain. Just more of a nudge for more people to actually visit the home page. I have changed the bookmark I have to go directly to the home page instead of the forum so that I dont miss anything anymore.

Not trying to guilt anyone or making them explain. Just more of a nudge for more people to actually visit the home page. I have changed the bookmark I have to go directly to the home page instead of the forum so that I dont miss anything anymore.

No I don't think you are. Just playing devil's advocate :D

Thanks Buddy
Because they're admins and the 'control panel' software internal to the hosting company tracks all that stuff. I used to run a site for my career field in the USAF. I could see every page hit, how long they stayed on it, where they went after that page, where they came from to this page, etc. It was tracked by IP address, but with some minor investigative work, you could figure out who it was and, in my case, I could actually change the IP address to a physical name, like Bob Jones. Then I could see that Bob Jones entered the site on page B, stayed for 3 minutes, went to pages T, E, R and L, then left.

No I don't think you are. Just playing devil's advocate :D

As if I needed more of a reason to support Team harry in #TheKing.

As if I needed more of a reason to support Team harry in #TheKing.

Well I only need one reason to support Chad: I enjoy winning.

I'll be honest. I read more reviews a few months back than I do now. The main reason for me slacking off is the reviews done on here are are highly effective in draining my pocket book. Seriously I have spent several hundred dollars in the last couple of years from THP reviews alone. It's like putting a starving pig :pig: in a room with an oversize slop bucket filled with good stuff. I'm also pretty darn sure the general public reads a ton of these reviews without commenting and it has affected their pocket books too. I mean seriously, you reviewers are doing an awesome job, and from my prospective, you are making the OEM's extremely happy!

I read most of them out of respect for the forum and the guys and Gal writing them, I honestly have little interest in changing anything in the bag but sometimes a spark ignites and like Gray I have to squeeze the dollars a little tighter to make sure they don't go flying out the window lol. everyone has a different reason for the forum and just because someone doesn't read them doesn't make them a bad forum member, it may just not be their thing and that's ok. I love the fact that nearly half a mil viewers come here every month, it speaks volumes about the members, owners, and content, that alone is great thanks.

Let's get back to the rants, I did a ton of work over the last couple weeks for a contractor and I'm owed a few thousand dollars for busting my effing ass and they are no where to be found! I will hunt them to the end of the earth!

Let's get back to the rants, I did a ton of work over the last couple weeks for a contractor and I'm owed a few thousand dollars for busting my effing ass and they are no where to be found! I will hunt them to the end of the earth!

That is terrible. Absolutely terrible. The worst part of the entire thing is that it doesnt surprise me. Your location plus the racket that they call a job is just an awful thing.

Hopefully it works out for you.

I'll be honest. I read more reviews a few months back than I do now. The main reason for me slacking off is the reviews done on here are are highly effective in draining my pocket book. Seriously I have spent several hundred dollars in the last couple of years from THP reviews alone. It's like putting a starving pig :pig: in a room with an oversize slop bucket filled with good stuff. I'm also pretty darn sure the general public reads a ton of these reviews without commenting and it has affected their pocket books too. I mean seriously, you reviewers are doing an awesome job, and from my prospective, you are making the OEM's extremely happy!

Nonsense Bill. People would pay money to visit the woodshed. #CashMoneyHomey

Man, she was not happy. But no beating. She knows its worth the trip and it will be a good time. Just so many expenses this month with the new wrap on the Tour Van and getting all of the 2014 events prepared.
While she might get mad now, remind her how awesome the trip will be. And then when she says, "You were right", it will be that much sweeter.

As Mr. 441 says all the time, "Happy Wife = Happy Life."

That is terrible. Absolutely terrible. The worst part of the entire thing is that it doesnt surprise me. Your location plus the racket that they call a job is just an awful thing.

Hopefully it works out for you.

Yup, soo many shady folks it's not even funny. I usually run a D&B on folks first but this was a rush situation and I didn't, shame the hell on me!

WTF DFW........wake up to this?

taharery.jpg

No school....No work.....say hello to my co-workers today.

atama9ag.jpg

Nice Nate! Enjoy the day off! Work is never cancelled up here, only school. Bogus

Making me rethink #OwnTheSecondShot Big Time.
Looks more like #NoRedeemingQualities to me.
And your co-workers name is Tito. Thats awesome.

It snows in Texas?

Making me rethink #OwnTheSecondShot Big Time.
Looks more like #NoRedeemingQualities to me.
And your co-workers name is Tito. Thats awesome.
Snow + Wind = Toughest Golf ever.

How much roll out can you get in snow?

Snow + Wind = Toughest Golf ever.

How much roll out can you get in snow?

Gotta use colored balls too since snow will blow on top of it cause in Texas the wind is ALWAYS 40 mph in your face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back