The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Michigan couldn't get the job done last week I have to root for the next best option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming Florida State beats Duke, I want Ohio State or Auburn. Just would make it more fun.

Today is the day I become a Michigan State fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will need all the help they can get, maybe you can suit up on offense and help them out.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Assuming Florida State beats Duke, I want Ohio State or Auburn. Just would make it more fun.

Thank you for listing OSU as your first preference

I'm excited for today's games. Nice to see some teams that you don't expect in championship games. Go Duke!

Preference for the MNC game: FSU vs Ohio State. Yep I'm an SEC hater!

I think it will end up being FSU vs an SEC 1 loss team though as I think Sparty wins today.

No. 17 Gorillas to Face Mustangs in Mineral Water Bowl Today

PITTSBURG — The Pittsburg State University football team will make its 30th all-time post-season appearance Saturday (Dec. 7) when the Gorillas face Southwest Minnesota State University in the 2013 Mineral Water Bowl at Excelsior Springs, Mo. Kickoff is set for 12 Noon (CST) at Tiger Stadium.

Pittsburg State, the winningest all-time NCAA Division II program, brings a 9-2 overall record into the bowl game. The Gorillas, the No. 17 team in NCAA Division II, dropped a 35-21 decision to MIAA rival Missouri Southern in the regular season finale on Nov. 16 to finish third in the MIAA standings and narrowly miss an invitation to the 24-team NCAA Division II playoffs.

SMSU won its final four regular season games to post a 7-4 overall record – posting the most wins since the program's 1991 squad enjoyed a 9-1 campaign. The Mustangs, who compete in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference, wrapped up the regular season with a 34-24 road win over Augustana (S.D.) on Nov. 16.

This will be the first all-time meeting between the Gorillas and the Mustangs.

While Pitt State and SW Minnesota State have not faced one another in the past, the Gorillas have played 20 games against current Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference schools over the years, compiling an 18-2 (.900) record against those teams.

A majority of those contests – 17 of them – came prior to Pitt State joining the NCAA Division II membership in 1989.
The Gorillas are 10-2 against Wayne State (Neb.), 2-0 against Augustana (S.D.) and Northern State, and 1-0 against Bemidji State, Concordia-St. Paul, Minnesota State Moorhead and St. Cloud State.

Seventh-ranked Pitt State defeated No. 6 SCSU, 46-14, on Sep. 13, 2003, in Pittsburg. The Gorillas defeated Bemidji State, 35-27, in the 2006 Mineral Water Bowl and Concordia-St. Paul, 13-9, in the 2010 Mineral Water Bowl.

Pitt State downed MSU Moorhead, 14-13, in the semifinals of the 1981 NAIA national playoffs; and the Gorillas posted a pair of wins over NSU in the first round of the 1987 (57-0) and 1988 (38-14) NAIA playoffs.

rp_primary_MWB-preview-image.jpg

Saban giving Auburn an endorsement to play for the title of they win the SEC Championship.

Didnt expect that one.

Saban giving Auburn an endorsement to play for the title of they win the SEC Championship.

Didnt expect that one.

Is he just trying to get run out of town?

Is he just trying to get run out of town?

Good for the SEC team to get the benefit of the doubt in his mind...notice he didn't give the same recommendation to Missouri since he hopes Bama will still get the nod over them (longshot)

It's almost time...

This is ASU's biggest game since the '97 Rose Bowl - - while I'm cautiously optimistic about their chances, I can't help remembering how Stanford put an absolute beatdown on the Sun Devils in September. Hopefully, home field advantage comes through for ASU once again!

GO DEVILS!! :devil::devil::devil:

Didnt expect that one.

Kiss of death

That was quick by OSU, OU was lucky that there was a penalty.

Holding call wipes away 75yd TD on 1st play. Wow....

OSU is gonna win this one in a blowout, mark it down.

Ice and cold keeping everyone inside in Dallas. Sorry Mustangs.

y8anybu2.jpg

Ice and cold keeping everyone inside in Dallas. Sorry Mustangs.

y8anybu2.jpg

Looks like a fun atmosphere for a game...

Oh geez. I just hope the SEC can win today.

Go SEC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back