Tucked in shirts or not?

I would say 99.5% time shirt tucked, I do have maybe 3 shirts that are made to wear untucked. Of course I'am from a military family background and some things that are drilled into you one never forgets. Just like I will not wear my cover (hat to the rest of the world) in a building and never and I mean never at the table. Some shirts are made to wear untucked if so that is OK.

You do know that the no jeans/tanktop rule is the dress code - right? You play at public courses and some of them are a bit lax about enforcing the dress code. A private or pay-for-play course would not allow anyone to violate their dress codes.
[/COLOR][/B]

That really depends on where you are. many courses do not have ANY dress code.

And there are quite a bit of private courses around here that allow people to wear jeans. Its part of the evolution of the game. I dont like it, but not call courses have a dress code anymore.

I'm from the tucked area. If you look good, most of the time you feel good, if you feel good then you play better (at least that's my take on the subject)

I believe shirts should be tucked in on the golf course, shorts, pants, whatever. Now do I always do it? No, not always. More often than not I do and always when I'm at a different (especially private) club.

Do you tuck in your shirts when you golf? I don't...Maybe for the ladies its different than for the guys.

My BF will tuck in his shirt when he wears pants, but with shorts he doesn't.

I didn't read all the responses. I tuck my shirts in when I golf. I tuck them in before the round and try to keep it tucked in but that doesn't always happen.

Even when I'm not golfing I tuck my shirt in. If it's long enough to get over my gut and into the waist line of my pants it gets tucked in.

That really depends on where you are. many courses do not have ANY dress code.

And there are quite a bit of private courses around here that allow people to wear jeans. Its part of the evolution of the game. I dont like it, but not call courses have a dress code anymore.

CT hasn't evolved in that direction.

I tuck all the time, golf or not. I think untucked shirts look sloppy, but that is personal preference. My wife always wants me to wear my shirts untucked, why I don't know, maybe she thinks I am too "buttoned down".

I tuck all the time, golf or not. I think untucked shirts look sloppy, but that is personal preference. My wife always wants me to wear my shirts untucked, why I don't know, maybe she thinks I am too "buttoned down".

Or possibly too "buttoned up."

It's a rule at my home course to have your shirt tucked in at all times. I think it looks cleaner that way as well.

For me, depends on the course. When I'm invited to play at a private club, I'll tuck my shirt in. On the public courses I frequent, I'm untucked. At least I'm not in a tank top and wearing jean cut-offs like some guys that I've been paired with! :bulgy-eyes:

For me, depends on the course. When I'm invited to play at a private club, I'll tuck my shirt in. On the public courses I frequent, I'm untucked. At least I'm not in a tank top and wearing jean cut-offs like some guys that I've been paired with! :bulgy-eyes:

TThis to me is the real deal. I've played with my shirt untucked and seen people wearing shirts that I wouldn't allow in my closet let alone on me, but they were tucked, lol.

When I am playing in cooler weather, if it is cold enough I tuck my shirt tails in. If it's triple digits I always DO NOT tuck my shirt in. Most, if not all my shirts are designed to be worn not to be tucked in. They all have collars, and that's good enough for me. :D
That's the way I choose a shirt.Most of the courses I play and their patrons don't have a problem with it.I kinda like the laid back atmosphere you can get around here.

When I am playing in cooler weather, if it is cold enough I tuck my shirt tails in. If I am a guest at someone's up scale course I will dress accordingly. If it's triple digits I always DO NOT tuck my shirt in. Most, if not all my shirts are designed to be worn not to be tucked in. They all have collars, and that's good enough for me. I am always well with in the golf dress parameters set by the course I am playing on that day. That's how I roll with golf fashion for myself even though I refuse to pay high dollars for golf specific clothing. However, I could care less how anyone else dresses, since at the very least, they helping to keep my over all green fee lower. :D

I must always tuck the shirts. Even if wearing outerwear

Unless its a competition i dont tuck my shirt or t-shirt for that matter in.

I used to occasionally wear my shirt out with shorts when I reached the pinnacle of my huskiness. Then I saw a picture of myself mid-swing. While my swing looked good, my head behind the ball, my hands releasing perfectly, the face of my FT-i absolutely square at impact, I looked like a great big disheveled fat person.

Soon after, I bought shorts designed to make tucking more comfortable for persons suffering from my glandular condition.

You shan't see me de-tucked again.

Kevin

Untucked for me unless required to tuck. I mean, whatever I need to do to obey dress code when visiting a club I'll do to comply, but my usual muni dress in summer is sandals, shorts, and t-shirt, and in winter it's jeans and sweatshirt.

Depends on the course and who I am playing with. I'd say usually untucked.

Seriously - you guys think you look good untucked without a belt with a cool buckle. Have you learned nothing from JB, Couldbeu, Dent & Harry?

The only time my shirts are untucked, on or off the course, is when they are designed not to be tucked in to pants or shorts. I only have three of that style so untucked doesn't happen very often.

I dont like tucking in my shirt....just a weird look on me

During work I usually wear a golf shirt and dress slacks and then it is always tucked. Onmy own time, weekends and especially playing golf I never tuck, I am more comfortable that way

Seriously - you guys think you look good untucked without a belt with a cool buckle. Have you learned nothing from JB, Couldbeu, Dent & Harry?
I like golf but not for how fashionable I can dress.I'd rather spend my money on clubs and greens fees.Besides a fat a** like me a belt buckle would be hidden under my gut or worse yet poking me in it.

Back