The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done with my deposition and I am steaming. Never in my life have I had my character called to question or had someone belittle the work I have done for years.

Freaking bullish!t.

Sucks dude, even more validation in the move you have made. Put that crap behind you and move forward!

Just got done with my deposition and I am steaming. Never in my life have I had my character called to question or had someone belittle the work I have done for years.

Freaking bullish!t.

Worst feeling in the world isnt it? It seems to happen on a daily to GG and myself and eventually you just become immune to it.
Good on you for being able to move past it. Greener pastures.

Thanks guys.

Just has me severely fired up right and quite upset.

Thanks guys.

Hearing anything negative about yourself is never easy. But only you can control how you react to it. You know, I know, and everyone knows the type of person you are. They are just doing it to win the case without knowing who you really are. Eff those people. Don't let it ruin your day.

Thanks guys.

Youre awesome in my books and thats all that really matters right? Plus you're a hero to your wife kids and thats always awesome.

Everyone else is small in comparison.

Thanks guys.

Could be worse dude...

They could be talking all that crap about you and then when you stand up to defend yourself, you split your pants

just sayin

Could be worse dude...

They could be talking all that crap about you and then when you stand up to defend yourself, you split your pants in NJ

just sayin

Corrected for accuracy

Could be worse dude...

They could be talking all that crap about you and then when you stand up to defend yourself, you split your pants

just sayin

Lmao. It can always be worse.

Thanks guys.

Hope it gets better man. Once again just making clear you did the right thing.

yeah, I thought we were good to go and then today they asked if Im paying rent currently...lol, a question I answered for them about 2 months ago

Seems like they lost it and wanted it again or they just didn't feel like digging for that paper so they figured they could just ask you again. That's not uncommon.

Freaking bullish!t.

Been there. It's offensive and it's like they do it just to make you mad enough to say something out of line in order to get more information out of you or to use your outburst against you. Also a good time to find their vehicle and pull out their valve stems.

I was told that corporate has required that nobody receive an exceeded standards on our performance review because there's no money for pay raises. So instead of recognition of an excellent job with the honesty of there's no money, we will simply skew the numbers so that it appears that none were worthy of a pay raise.

That's rough Ryan, unfortunately those proceedings bring out the worst in many involved in an effort to "win" or "be right".

I was told that corporate has required that nobody receive an exceeded standards on our performance review because there's no money for pay raises. So instead of recognition of an excellent job with the honesty of there's no money, we will simply skew the numbers so that it appears that none were worthy of a pay raise.

That would piss me off as well, compensated or not I'm always very proud of achieving an exceeds rating. It also can have an impact years down the line with the same company if you're being looked at for an opportunity and your annual ratings being referenced.

Freaking bullish!t.

I find even in my industry that you are only as good as your last 10 minutes. Years of hard, loyal work get thrown into the crapper the second you are no longer "valuable" to them. Its sad and complete crap.

Sounds like our performance measures. Scale of one to five, you get a three. Did really well, boss gives you a four? It comes back, you're getting a three. Do really bad and get a two? That's fine, twos are able to stay put. Keep metting your expectations? Don't worry they'll spend countless man hours coming up with some assinine equation to make the work you'[re doing seem mediocre. Do better after the change and get a four? Nope, its coming back, you're getting a three. Guess what, your measures are going to be altered again so you can't do better than a three.

Why waste all this time we could be doing our actual jobs to come up with and keep changing performance measures to make sure everyone gets threes? Just give everyone a three from the get go and stop dicking around. We all know you're not giving anyone raises.

The way they did it is sneaky. They added rating criteria that you can't exceed standards in such as time reporting, ethics, and keeping your resume information updated. So even if you max out your specific job related section, it's mathematically impossible to exceed the standards on the overall rating.

I had one in my last job that was based on days it took to do the task. It started on the first of the month. Nothing could be done until information was provided by an outside source that wasn't available until the second week of the month. Makes sense, right?

yeah, I thought we were good to go and then today they asked if Im paying rent currently...lol, a question I answered for them about 2 months ago

Did I miss that you finally found a house??

Yup finalized with bank today...close next friday hopefully

Awesome, man! I know its been a super long and frustrating journey, and happy to see it finally coming to an end.

Also, banks can be a huge pain, but often its the regulations that require them to be that way, so keep in mind it might be the governments fault!

I had a similar thing happen. Raises are capped at a maximum of 3%. Performance evaluations out of 100, various abilities/skills evaluated. I constantly would be given a 93. "Well we can't have you get a perfect eval all the time, there is no room for improvement".

On a side note, we receive a bonus twice a year, 50% based on what we do(service), and 50% based on how much we sell. Service side received 100%, so we were awarded $500 for our portion. Sales didn't come close to any of the attainable numbers, so we received $0. From the past 6 months, our salesman was awarded a cruise by the company (but he didn't sell enough to hit our reasonable sales expectations while dealing with non-work related things), and the people that busted their butts to support the salesman were essentially denied $500 because of his shortcomings. The system is flawed, and it is never skewed for the worker.

My argument this year was if I constantly receive a 93 (and its a completely arbitrary number), then I haven't improved or declined from the previous eval. How do you show improvement if the scoring isn't based on anything. It doesn't show the work I put in to improve at what I do... so after saying this my eval was changed to a 96. If the evaluation "doesn't mean anything", then I want a good score.

All these channels, and nothing is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back