My favorite thing about 2013 was........

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
As we close our 2013 soon. I thought it would be cool to see different stories. It can be anything. Have fun with it, share some happiness and joy this holiday season.

Golf: Winning the Morgan Cup with 7 other awesome guys was special. Of course, every round with my dad no matter the year is also special.

Non-Golf: The birth of my first child, nothing comes close to that. It was a long time coming for my wife and I, still can't believe it happened.

For me it had to have been the Outing in May, getting together with that many THP guys was a blast. Spending that weekend with my #FeelPlayer buddies was what I needed.

Golf: The #grandaddy - it will go down as the best golf experience of my life

Non-Golf: Starting my MBA in the spring and maintaining a 4.0 through the entire first year.

My most memorable golfing experience had to be the alternate shot match at the Morgan Cup where INgolfer & I played WCBM & Thain.

Very tough match, emotionally draining, and coming out on top was the most exhilarating feeling I think I've had on the course.

I can still see and hear Bradd's emotion when he hit that shot from the 18th fairway. Just something else....

great thread Idea

golf: discovering THP and getting to play under 90 somewhat regularly

non golf: buying and moving in my first house.

1) Discovering THP and becoming part of the family here.

2) Playing in the Farmers Insurance Pro AM at Torrey Pines in January.

Yes, I honestly did rank joining this site ahead of the Pro-Am. It was one fantastic day, that I will always remember, but THP is something that will be with me everyday for a very long time!!

Golf: A tie between Going to the CT Invitational, my first THP event and meeting Josh and Morgan, as well as Mike Dean and alot of the NJ/PA crew I play golf with almost regularly now. Really changed my whole perspective on THP. And going to the Atlanta Invitational and finally after almost a decade, meeting Canadan in person as well as so many others guys that I literally talk to on a daily basis and have become my best friends.

Non-golf - Making a decision for my daughter, my wife, and myself to change my life. 100lbs later, I am loving life and feel like I have new lease on life and can do anything.

Golf: A tie between Going to the CT Invitational, my first THP event and meeting Josh and Morgan. Really changed my whole perspective on THP. And going to the Atlanta Invitational and finally after almost a decade, meeting Canadan in person as well as so many others guys that I literally talk to on a daily basis and have become my best friends.

Non-golf - Making a decision for my daughter, my wife, and myself to change my life. 100lbs later, I am loving life and feel like I have new lease on life and can do anything.
Congrats on the weight loss buddy. I'm in the process of that now and hope to have made big progress by spring and summer. it really is a lifestyle change.

Golf: A tie between Going to the CT Invitational, my first THP event and meeting Josh and Morgan AND MIKEDEAN. Really changed my whole perspective on THP. And going to the Atlanta Invitational and finally after almost a decade, meeting Canadan in person as well as so many others guys that I literally talk to on a daily basis and have become my best friends.

Figured tapatalk froze up on ya

Golf:
I was very fortunate to go to a lot of places and golf with thpers. Ohio, Indiana, Florida, Connecticut, South Carolina and Vegas. While All of them were memorable in their own way, to me the Morgan Cup stood out the most. Tons of prep going into it, tons of emotions during it, tons of bonds formed with people I call my friends and then the release after it was done. Life changing stuff.

Non-Golf
2 things for me. Losing 60 pounds in a few months was an eye opening experience. While Ive falled off the wagon a bit, knowing I can push myself to do it is huge.
The other moment was the birth of girl #3 Julia. Time has absolutely flown by as she is already 7 months old. But there is something about looking at her when she gets up to greet me before heading to work that puts life into perspective.

Hands down playing with my son when he broke par, it was a very emotional moment for me and there was a certain feeling of accomplishment, he's a wonderful young man.

Second would be playing golf with the THP crew, wether it was meeting Wake in Orlando or going to the west coast and hooking up with a group of them, the Gauntlet will forever be in my heart.

Non-golf: The birth of our second child, Jax. Kid is crazy.

Golf: Really getting back into the game this year, and finding THP.

Golf: Finally having a real breakthrough with my swing coach and getting into the most consistent swing I've ever had.

Non Golf: The money I raised for the American Cancer Society by riding in the Pan Ohio Hope Ride.

Golf wise, even though it was "unofficial" was playing the Gauntlet. This was my first get together with THP'ers. Met a lot of great people that have now become my golf family.

Watching my 11yr old daughter dance and perform in community theatre around Orlando. I love watching her shine and make other people smile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My favorite thing about 2013 was........

It will sound cliché, but the THPers that I got to meet this year. I started participating late 2012 on THP and really didn't know what I would get out of it. Golf knowledge? Without a doubt and I needed it. But to meet a whole bunch of great people from all around and develop friendships - I didn't expect that at all and couldn't be happier about it!

Non-work - taking some major strides at the company I have been working with for the past 6 years. Changed departments in late 2012 and it was the best move I have made. I literally was one and a half feet out the door, looking for another company when this opportunity came up. Now I see myself being with this company for the next 15-20 years.

Last edited:
Golf: I've had a huge golf year. Definitely my best ever with 5 or 6 huge things. I'll do a full year recap in another thread. But easily the favorite thing was being selected for #theking! Have a feeling #theking will be part of my 2014 list too!

Non-golf: Could not be prouder of my two kids. Son got a full tuition scholarship to GT and ended his first Freshman semester with 3 A's and 1 B. Daughter took two college classes this summer at Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD) while still in high school and had a 4.0. She's a high school senior and has already been accepted to SCAD for fall of 2014.

THP-Related:
1) The THP Bridgestone Championship in Las Vegas...every minute of it. It may have been as close to a perfect trip as I've ever taken.
2) The overall attitude of the THP community is so much healthier and improved as we leave 2013 than it was when we started it. This makes me incredibly happy to think about.
3) Getting started on the Morgan Cup journey as a Captain. This is an incredible honor, is still surreal months later, and I half expect someone to tell me it was a horrible mistake.

Non-THP Related:
1) I'm leaving 2013 25 lbs lighter than I started it, which has been something I have wanted to do for a long time, but never had the willpower to actually do.
2) Watching both of my boys learn, play, and develop great personalities. Specifically, watching the older one learn to read and write, and knowing how far those basic skills will take him.
3) Got to spend two great weekends with extended family during my brother's and then cousin's weddings. I don't get to see them often enough.

In many ways, I don't leave 2013 thinking it was a great year, and I have high expectations for 2014...but thinking through this post is a welcome step back to many things I can appreciate.

Last edited:
Golf related was seeing my son begin to love the game and get better at it. I couldn't leave the house with golf shoes on without him practically begging to come with. Culminated in bringing him out for his first round on a 'real' course. Good times.

Non-golf was the birth of my daughter in February. For a guy that was hoping for two boys, I'm happy things turned out the way they did. Not been an easy year, but it's been one that I'm trying to savor as much as possible.

March 4th.

My son was born.

Winning the Morgan Cup!

The Atlanta Inviational cuz I met Dev and youngBlood. Strengthened my friendships with old friends.

Vegas invite for too many reasons to list

Dallas invite where I forged three solid friendships.

An opportunity from a great friend in 2013 that will start in 2014

Solid work year, always room for improvement but solid

Kids are growing and keeping me feeling young

Golf: #Grandaddy. I'll never forget it, ever. ATLClive75 will always make me laugh a little.

Non-Golf: Yesterday. Yesterday turned out to be a pretty amazing day. (Details to come when possible.)

October 22nd, 2013 I had joint replacement surgery (TKR) :thumb:

Back