Cleveland Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

The unknown always eats at me. Dear Cleveland, spill the beans so I can start overanalyzing!

The unknown always eats at me. Dear Cleveland, spill the beans so I can start overanalyzing!

No kidding, especially the IRONS!

GAH! I want to know about the irons too. So bad.

Wonder if both balls (Z and Q) are back for the year. I am almost certain the Z will be.

Wonder if both balls (Z and Q) are back for the year. I am almost certain the Z will be.

I'm sure they will be.

Yea I think so too.

I'm sure Cleveland will be coming at us with something great, I can't wait to see either!

Was talking with a 2014 MC captain last night, thats busy living with the heat on and buried under about 50 blankets, and he asked if I was happy with Cleveland and/or did I have any concerns going in. Great question. I told him I absolutely love their irons and wedges and that they fit my game perfectly. No concern what so ever. But the bit of unknown for me was their driver. For the most part I've played a 440cc driver and love the smaller heads. Cleveland, as of right now, only makes a 460cc driver. Now I haven't danced with a Cleveland driver as of yet but this would be the one area that I'm a bit concerned as it relates to my game.

Then after voicing my 1 concern he replies, "You don't even need a driver, just find that 3 wood you can hit and your good to go!" LOL. Touche

I'm not sure Ive ever gamed the Z-star, so hard to believe..

Was talking with a 2014 MC captain last night, thats busy living with the heat on and buried under about 50 blankets, and he asked if I was happy with Cleveland and/or did I have any concerns going in. Great question. I told him I absolutely love their irons and wedges and that they fit my game perfectly. No concern what so ever. But the bit of unknown for me was their driver. For the most part I've played a 440cc driver and love the smaller heads. Cleveland, as of right now, only makes a 460cc driver. Now I haven't danced with a Cleveland driver as of yet but this would be the one area that I'm a bit concerned as it relates to my game.

Then after voicing my 1 concern he replies, "You don't even need a driver, just find that 3 wood you can hit and your good to go!" LOL. Touche
I see a vine forthcoming directed to Cleveland R&D :)

I'm not sure Ive ever gamed the Z-star, so hard to believe..

Great ball. Pretty soft feeling on full shots, spins nicely, decent durability. Probably the better option for you over the XV because it will spin off the driver more.

Im looking forward to the irons from cleveland the most this year. Their forged offerings have been a bit *yawn* for me lately.

The 2 Dan's pounded the classic 3W last year. It was a cannon for sure.

Don't let any "bait" you into hitting driver and you're golden

Great ball. Pretty soft feeling on full shots, spins nicely, decent durability. Probably the better option for you over the XV because it will spin off the driver more.

Sounds like a winner to me. Havent done much with their ball line in the past. ON occasion would pick up some Q-stars when I got sick of E6's, but didnt fall in love with them like others on here did.

Q is fine for what it is, but of their line - the Z-Star is the clear favorite for me.

Q is fine for what it is, but of their line - the Z-Star is the clear favorite for me.

you did a review of the ball and captured the stats with it from the PM didnt you? What kind of differences did u see (dont hate me, too lazy to look)

you did a review of the ball and captured the stats with it from the PM didnt you? What kind of differences did u see (dont hate me, too lazy to look)

I actually didn't with the Srixons. Just demoed each ball on the course before the 2012 MC.

The 2 Dan's pounded the classic 3W last year. It was a cannon for sure.

Don't let any "bait" you into hitting driver and you're golden
Ha...no doubt! But would be nice to have a good one to pull on those par 5's!

Don't sell yourself short my friend, you can hit a hybrid longer than most people's drivers!

Uh oh...I think somebody got something in the mail....:act-up: Cleveland staffers, look to your mailboxes...

Back