The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

To use a phrase from Jersey Boys if anyone has seen it-- in less than 45 minutes 4 THP'ers will be able to say "and the whole world exploded"

TripleBogieTim,
Never apologize dude. Enter away. And if you get in, you will be a wonderful asset. If you dont, there will be 13 or so other events that are just awesome as well.

Thanks Josh, that means a lot...you know I have always been one of those that enters everything and signs up for every testing and not because I am being greedy...because I am trying to support THP and the OEM's and Sponsors...if people only entered the Morgan Cup or only signed up for testings of new iron sets then the companies that provide the other gear and sponsor the other events would get short changed in my opinion.

The fact that I missed several of the other selection contests really bothered me, and again NOT because I didn't get a chance to be chosen...but because I didn't get to show my support to those sponsors.

Talk about a 3 hour drive without looking at my phone. My wife said are you crazy, because you have asked what time it is every 5 mins. I am amped to hear who the next four lucky guys are. Excitement!!!!

Thanks Josh, that means a lot...you know I have always been one of those that enters everything and signs up for every testing and not because I am being greedy...because I am trying to support THP and the OEM's and Sponsors...if people only entered the Morgan Cup or only signed up for testings of new iron sets then the companies that provide the other gear and sponsor the other events would get short changed in my opinion.

The fact that I missed several of the other selection contests really bothered me, and again because I didn't get a chance to be chosen...but because I didn't get to show my support to those sponsors.

Dont be crazy dude, life gets in the way of fun for everybody.

The fact that I missed several of the other selection contests really bothered me, and again because I didn't get a chance to be chosen...but because I didn't get to show my support to those sponsors.
TBT..You bring up a very good point about the testings. As a new member here (is 6 months still new?) I feel if I want to sign up to be a tester, I should sign up regardless if it's a driver or a bag of tees. All the companies that support this site and value our input deserve as much of our attention as any company.

I missed signing up for one testing, I believe it was for grips, I think it was, becasue I at that particular time I couldn't be without my clubs for the period we neeed to get the work done. I can't remember the exact time frame. But I remember feeling very guilty, hoping I wouldn't be viewed as greedy or only wanting to test clubs. Nothing has been said or written to give me that perception, but it was something I felt concerned about.

Last edited:
I've only been here a few weeks and I keep signing up for everything I can! Really it's because I read everyone's posts daily and I can't wait to meet everyone. I'm actually a little bummed I didn't sign up earlier when the weather was better suited for golf so I can start playing with some fellow THPer's!

22 min!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only been here a few weeks and I keep signing up for everything I can! Really it's because I read everyone's posts daily and I can't wait to meet everyone. I'm actually a little bummed I didn't sign up earlier when the weather was better suited for golf so I can start playing with some fellow THPer's!

22 min!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome..you're joining at a great time. Good luck on the big events, but definitely try and get down to the OC invitational in June, I'm guessing there will be a great turnout. I know I'll be there.

Its official, the nervous excited-ness has kicked in.

Good luck friends!

F5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 . . . . . !

Let the nervousness and excitement begin!!

For those of you that have webcams, just turn them on now, and then edit the video down later!

Four awesome dudes getting the nod today, so happy for all of them. Welcome to the big dance boys!

4 more in the book, still a TON of spots remain....who's next

Good. It frees up a slot in the TaylorMade contest with Smithfaced out of the running now :)

Congrats to the new THPMC participants!! Keeping my hopes up! As I've always told myself, someone has to be picked last and I'm OKAY being that guy! :)

4 awesome dudes lives just changed. Brings my mind back to when I was first selected for the 2012 event and it just gives me goosebumps to think about how these guys are feeling right now. I'd like to offer my most sincere congrats to all 4 guys and I cant wait to witness your journey and I hope to be there to help film it for you.

Well I didn't get in but some great THP'ers did. Congrats guys you all had great entries. I'm gonna have to step it up now.

Back