What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a tough day today. It started well enough, striking it good and rolling the putter pretty good. Then on eight "it" left me? I never put another good swing or hit it good the rest of the day. It may be physical, the ole legs are acting up again. 41+46, 87 BLAH!

Please don't tell me it's ya knees? :bulgy-eyes:

Yesterday 45. First time on a course since early October. I wasn't expecting much. My iron play and short game was really rusty as expected. Had one nice chip in birdie. Much to my surprise my driving was fantastic.

Today 41/41. Driver again was fantastic. I had only one drive below 255 and maxed out at 280 which is unthinkable for me in the winter though it was warm today. Iron play was great, accuracy was a slight issue but my contact was perfect. Two of the par 5's I hit iron into. Wedges were great but my short game was still off. missed three birdie putts inside of 5 feet and left a few more strokes on the course. This round I would have expected in June after playing for a month and practicing. Not after a little over two months without playing. Makes me want to play even more now.

Played 9 today and shot 2 over 37 I wanted to continue but did not have appropriate clothing for the cold. Posted some pics on Instagram of the " casual water" on the course. 30 foot ponds and I missed them all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Played 9 today and shot 2 over 37 I wanted to continue but did not have appropriate clothing for the cold. Posted some pics on Instagram of the " casual water" on the course. 30 foot ponds and I missed them all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I didn't haha. You where on like donkey kong

Sent from my SGH-T989

Gave up keeping score after 9 holes when a storm rolled in on the 10th, winds were insane all day making it hard to stand still never mind swing/putt.

Skipped a couple of holes and just had fun on the way back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44-44/88
8/14 FW
5/18 GIR
35 putts

Leaking driver right and seemed to be in a dozen bunkers today....was chilly and windy but just couldn't get it going well. 5 doubles on the day.

Yesterday shot my p.b. 83!!! Followed by a 90. We played 36, gotta love Florida. Super pumped, just wondering if it was a fluke or lightning in a bottle I'm playing to a 17 handi right now.

swing your swing

Worst round of the year for me! Shot a 100. Had 2 new clubs in the bag. An 18° hybrid and a Metal X Mid belly. Like Cookie said, it was windy and chilly. Really hard to get into a rythym. Then on the back 9, I started to get tight. Here are my stats for the day.

50-50
6/14 Fwy
4/18 GIR
37 Putts

I did close out the round with a 15ft birdie putt on 18. The best shot of the day for me.

today was one of those rounds that could have been really good, but I let it get away on the back. Started out with a double and a bogey and didn't think I was going to make much happen. But then I parred the next 4 holes, birdied another and bogeyed the ninth to finish the front with a 40. 90% of the time, I play better on the back, but not today. Shot 45 and had to scramble to do it. Just threw away shots all over the place. All in all, 85 isn't terrible and it's basically playing to my handicap, but it could have been substantially better today.

Carded a 45 while watching Dance play some sweet shots.

Sent from my SGH-T989

Played with my brother and dad last Saturday in Augusta at a course called Forest Hills. Nice RTJ design, but the greens were very firm and fast.

Shot 79 (38-41) at just under 6,800. The course started to get really slow on the back nine, and the pace affected my play. I need to work on that.

Ball striking was pretty good, especially off of the tee. I won't be naive enough to judge the length of a drive by the yardage on the card, but I did hit one tee shot that left me with 85 yards into a 433 Par 4. Don't know the exact number, but it was smoked.

Putting was pretty meh. I had two three-putts (one from only about seven feet), but both were caused by leaving the ball above the hole. The greens were pretty difficult for downhill putts. I found myself putting defensively for most of the day. I think I ended up with 32 putts for the round.

was bored today so I went to the simulator place nearby and played 54 holes. (I dont like how they simulate shortgame so I play a mode where once you get within 80 feets of the green they skip and give you an estimate score ( <10ft is 1 putt, <40 feet is 2 and >40 or outside the green is 3) so it goes faster.

played 117 on devil's Island, 66 on st andrews old course and 83 on Pebble Beach, all from amateurs tees

It's incredible how the course can change the scores, i'd say the 83 is more like it...

all in all, I had a good time and managed to get comfortable with my new Irons

Played today with THPer Cm3putt at my home course. Fantastic round for me and my best in at least 2 months by far. Guess I needed cold, windy and wet conditions to find my game.
Shot a 37/39 for a 76. Went with one solid swing thought all day long "hit ball first" and man did it work for me. 9/14 fairways, 14/18 GIR, 36 putts which I'm not too upset with considering so many GIR's. No penalties, 2 fairway bunkers. 2 birdies, 10 pars, and 6 bogies.

Guess I was channeling all the good vibes from my new teammates from Team Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Played today with THPer Cm3putt at my home course. Fantastic round for me and my best in at least 2 months by far. Guess I needed cold, windy and wet conditions to find my game.
Shot a 37/39 for a 76. Went with one solid swing thought all day long "hit ball first" and man did it work for me. 9/14 fairways, 14/18 GIR, 36 putts which I'm not too upset with considering so many GIR's. No penalties, 2 fairway bunkers. 2 birdies, 10 pars, and 6 bogies.

Guess I was channeling all the good vibes from my new teammates from Team Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great round Barry!! Like that swing thought.

Damn Barry! Way to go!

Nice 76 barry

Way to go Barry, great score anytime but especially winter.

Personal best 46/46 92. Missed a lot of greens, put I'm pretty happy with my wedge play. 37 putts total is is just a little higher than I'd like, but for a windy day, approach shots and drives off the tee had some havoc played with them. Now that I'm getting better with wedging shots onto the green, need to pilot that confidence into making the right choices and shots to get my chips and pitches much closer, get some more 1-putts.

Personal best 46/46 92. Missed a lot of greens, put I'm pretty happy with my wedge play. 37 putts total is is just a little higher than I'd like, but for a windy day, approach shots and drives off the tee had some havoc played with them. Now that I'm getting better with wedging shots onto the green, need to pilot that confidence into making the right choices and shots to get my chips and pitches much closer, get some more 1-putts.

Congrats on the PB Paladin!!

Barry and Paladin going low today. Love it. One confimed teammate (Team Harry is stacked) and one possible teammate.

Had a good round today, not my P.B. but had a chance to tie it and bogied the last hole (#@$^**^%%$), but solid anyway
37 front 34 back for a 1 under 71.

Congrats on the PB Paladin!

Congrats on the pb

Two great rounds! Congrats guys!

Terrible. 94 44 on front 50 on back...was feeling good till I doubled the first four holes on back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back