Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
With the new year right around the corner, I thought it would be interesting to hear everyone's "Golf Resolutions" for 2014 or maybe just simple goals for the new golf season.

Mine is pretty much the same as 2013. NO 3 putts! My putting was greatly improved this year through many hours spent with my pro and some hard work on my part. I shaved off three to four putts per round and that was huge for me score wise. I'm also working very hard to hit more fairways in 2014 even if it means giving up distance off the tee. For me, hitting from the short grass is key to more GIR.

What ya thinking?

Goals...sub 10 index
Respectable short game
Win the Morgan cup
Attend many thp events
And just have fun with golf...life is too short

A more fundamentally sound full swing, which I'm working on now through lessons.

Also, it'll be the year to accept every shot no matter what. Even keeled and upbeat all the time or self shanks will be imposed.

Taps away

#1: Get the handicap going back in the right direction. I've went from a 17.1 to a 18.9 and trending to be a 22...
#2: Learn how to hit the ball off the tee box. Tee shots are what's killing my game right now. It doesn't matter what club I use either, so it's got to be mental.
#3: Wedge work. The 2nd biggest killer to my golf game.

If I can get off the tee better and pitch/chip better, I could get to a 12hc in no time, so that is my overall golf resolution. To be a 12hc again by the end of the year.

1. Play more golf.
2. Spend more time practicing, with and without my coach.
3. Score consistently. No more fluctuating 5-10 strokes on familiar courses.

My #1 goal for 2014 is to become a fairway finder. More tee shots in the green grass and I will drop 8 - 10 shots off my average score ⛳️?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2014 golf goal is to get my average GIR's up. Eliminate my 3-putts. Get into a few THP events. And most of all have fun playing golf.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I really want to improve the putting and short game this next year. And with that, get down to single digits. It can be done.

I've never been much for New Year's resolutions. Goals, sometimes, and this year, I have just one--have my game and my body in shape for the 2014 Morgan Cup.

Golf goals for 2014 are going to be a big step for me. Looking forward to starting my first full year of serious golf. I have 3 goals:
-Better FIR/GIR. I want to be up around 75/80% in both areas and I can get there.
-Get my first lesson. I have a coach that I clicked with when I met him last year but the season was over. I'm so looking forward to delving into things and learning more about the golf swing.
-Get my game to improve AND travel. I want to be a mid single digit hcp by mid summer, but better yet, I want to play like it wherever I go. I think a big step is already under way by getting fit for the first time recently.

Better Short Game stats overall is my number one goal. I would also like to find 20-30 yards between now and the Morgan Cup

KG

Just Tapping Away

My goal is to get down to single figures for the first time I'm on 10.6 at the moment. And if everything works out make either the MC or the next grandaddy, and meet some thpers. Also better my wedge game.

I don't do resolutions either. Rather try to make each day better than the last

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I hate that I'll have to type everything again.. Mobile browser suck.

Anyway: I'm en route to be single digit. Need to work on:
1 Mental game
2 Approaches
3 Mental game
4 Bunkers
5 Mental game
6 Bump and runs

I've shot some very good rounds this year, PB is 73 on my homecourse. But I've shot 83 on a par73 (rated 74.8 with SI of 140+) from the back tees too, played an 80 on a par72 with firm winds etc. I'm just f-ing it up in my head constantly..

Like some others, Morgan Cup goals are:

1. Bring it for my team (TBD) and my sponsor, Bridgestone.
2. Get in better golf shape.
3. Up GIR to lower score and take some pressure off short game.

Non Morgan Cup
1. Work hard to be a positive contributor here at THP
2. Attend as many events as possible and meet as many THPr's as possible.

Non golf
1. Be a better person
2. Smell some of the roses life has to offer.

Happy New Year and I hope it is Blessed and Prosperous for all of you and those that are important to each of you.

JM

1. Make my first (hopefully of many) THP event. The rest will take care of itself

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I want to get down to a 1 handicap and become a stupid good putter.

I think 2014 sets up like this

1. Play more golf with THP members
2. Get handicap down between 13-10
3. Attend as many THP events as possible
4. Become a forum member that others can count on for golf & non golf related topics.

Break 80, and win at least one tourney!

shoot in the 60's at least once, have my first eagle.

I'd like my long game to catch up to my short game a little or a lot.
Challenge myself by playing more rounds at difficult courses or from longer distances than I normally do.
Win the Morgan Cup of course.

I am just going to keep doing what I am doing. Keep at the range and play when I can and keep having fun playing golf.

Basically my goals are to meet more THPers in person, and I hope to accomplish this by attending the Adams event in March, the Morgan cup in July, and either attend the Indy invitational or throw an unofficial gathering in Branson. Beyond that, I'd like to get my iron game in shape, eliminate 3 putts, and get in much better shape.

I just want to get more consistent. I'm starting the PGA home edition series again from scratch, and I think that will help. I want to continue improving my short game and putting.

I want to golf with more THPers and attend some THP events.

THP #theking #imwithchad

For 2014 I'm hoping to...

1) Play more golf. Due to being so busy I only played 14 rounds in 2013, that needs to change.
2) Break 80 again. In 2012 I broke 80 for the first time, mostly because I was playing so much. I'd really like to shoot another round in the 70's.
3) Make at least 1 THP Event. Right now OCMD seems to be the one that best fits my schedule so that event is definitely circled.
4) Get my first eagle.

Back