The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for that. He and I have worked well together for quite some time and understand each other's goals regardless if they fit the same puzzle or not (which they often dont).

We believe what we are doing is revolutionary in the way the media will have to adapt or go stale. Others view it as some message board like the others. Our goal is to never be like anybody else and through creativity have done that so far. It would be very easy to sit back like some places do nothing but write some articles and say "everybody sucks" and grab some ad revenue from those you are not making fun of. Or, you can truly bring creativity and change the way people view things and work with everybody.

There are days when I think the former makes more sense. bag all the events and sit back and collect a pay check. But days I am not working, I feel lost. My brain has to keep moving (its a flaw) and GG and I are constantly looking at ways to make things better and bring more fun ideas to the people that make up the community part of THP.

What you, GG, 441 and the rest of the staff do for the THP community is nothing short of tremendous! My only THP regret is that I didn't become active and embrace all the good things going on in here when I first signed up for the membership in early 2012. Took my new found interest in SeeMore in June 2013 that led me back to THP through Google searches and opened my eyes to the phenomenal stuff and people that were part of the THP community. Glad I righted my ship and overcame my short sightedness to become an active member in the BEST DARN (keeping it family friendly) GOLF SITE PERIOD!!!

Huge thanks to JB, Morgan, and Mike.
For all you do for us, and to make this the best community anywhere.

Thanks.

It's said a high tide lifts all boats, you guys are that tide, enabling, and inspiring people all over the world to become more informed about the game, to improve their game, and become better people.

Thanks.

Hoping everyone a safe, prosperous, and happy new year!

I still think that us, as forum members, don't see a quarter of the behind the scenes work that goes on to make these events a reality. I think sometimes people just think you can call up a company and say "Hey, give away some free stuff at this event we are having, OK? OK." (Obviously not trying to make light of that convo, just an example). You guys have great relationships with these companies, but it has to make business sense on their end, and you have to convince them of that.

Then 441 steps in and his job is to negotiate a price that sometimes seems like it was impossible to do, so it can be inclusive to any and all members from any financial background. He works his tail off, on top of having family and career obligations, to get it finished.

Just want you guys to know that all that work, while it may be overlooked by some, it's not overlooked by all. Really appreciate what you guys have been able to do this year and how much you have been able to give back to us "hackers" with all these up close and personal experiences in the industry.

I would have never thought someone like me would have an opportunity to participate in events like the #grandaddy, Ultimate Club Testing, let alone what is coming in 2014. Having members of a golf forum being able to interact with representatives of companies like Callaway, TaylorMade, Wilson, Adams, etc in the way we do is astounding and when I talk to my friends who are golfers they are blown away by it as well. I was talking to someone about the Callaway testing back in September and they couldn't believe I was able to do that. I hope you all keep on doing what you are doing.

People making unnecessary posts!

Throat punch!

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to MikeDean441. When you look at that 2014 Events Calendar, realize the reason it is happening is because of him. Yes, GG and I came up with the ideas and put them into motion. That is when MikeDean took over. He took our idea and sponsor and linked them to locations, golf courses, resorts and more. All while fitting into a tight window sometimes of both cost and dates.

He worked his magic so much this year and the calendar shows it. I am not sure we will ever have a year with this many events, but if we have any at all, they will be amazing because of his hard work. If you are at an event and see him there, just give him a quick thanks.

I'm awesome....plain and simple!....-ish

Thanks for the kind words, but totally not needed. Im just a small part of the THP machine and as Ive said before I just want to help put on the best weekends possible for all of you awesome THPERS. And through all of that it appears Im pretty good at negotiating low prices lol

I'm awesome....plain and simple!....-ish

Thanks for the kind words, but totally not needed. Im just a small part of the THP machine and as Ive said before I just want to help put on the best weekends possible for all of you awesome THPERS. And through all of that it appears Im pretty good at negotiating low prices lol

Head won't fit through the door any more now! Haha

The things you do and the prices you get us are truly awesome. Bro hug when I see you in FL.

Thank you for that. He and I have worked well together for quite some time and understand each other's goals regardless if they fit the same puzzle or not (which they often dont).

We believe what we are doing is revolutionary in the way the media will have to adapt or go stale. Others view it as some message board like the others. Our goal is to never be like anybody else and through creativity have done that so far. It would be very easy to sit back like some places do nothing but write some articles and say "everybody sucks" and grab some ad revenue from those you are not making fun of. Or, you can truly bring creativity and change the way people view things and work with everybody.

There are days when I think the former makes more sense. bag all the events and sit back and collect a pay check. But days I am not working, I feel lost. My brain has to keep moving (its a flaw) and GG and I are constantly looking at ways to make things better and bring more fun ideas to the people that make up the community part of THP.

I have to work today and am flittering around through various threads when I can. Just now saw this statement and thought it deserved a bump. This is what makes THP different and such a cool place to call home. Thanks and carry on.....

JM

He Tweeted earlier that he was playing well. I want nothing to do with this course ever. #IWouldShoot120

1531978_629057293806904_715253880_n.jpg

Just wanted to drop in and say that I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas and that you all have a happy new year.

The past year has brought a lot of changes into my life and unwillingly, that has led to an uncomfortably large drop off to my level of activity in the community these past few months. I don't like it, I'm not proud of it, and I wish it could be different. It is what it is though. Unfortunately it will only get worse in the next few weeks.

Throughout it all I still think of all of you, regardless, and will continue to do so as my travels take me elsewhere for a while.

I wish everybody a happy, healthy, and golf laden 2014. You will all be in my prayers.

Special shout out to Dev, being the awesome individual that he is. He texted me a week or so ago to check in on me and make sure I was alright and to wish me a Merry Christmas. It's those kinds of thoughtful gestures that remind me of how awesome this place and it's members are, even if I can't be here very much for the next bit.

JB, GG, and all you hackers, continue to better yourselves personally and continue to grow the community. I can't wait to get back and see how far we've come!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Come by when you can, Colt!

Glad you popped in Colt. You're me boy blue!

THP will be here whenever you are ready Colt. You go where life takes you and we will be waiting for you when you return.

Glad to hear you are doing alright Colt. We will be here when you get back buddy

Happy New Year everyone, I hope if you're going out tonight you're all safe and get a DD.

Remember AAA offers free taxi service on New Years.

Have a good time and be safe.

I would say about 2/3s of our furniture is either in the garage now or on the back porch. I have massive floor fans blowing in all corners of the house on the hardwood floors. I pulled base boards off the wall in the areas that were really flooded to check for excessive water and have dried them out the best I can. A lot of stuff got ruined by the water, and unfortunately some of the things are irreplaceable. Just a really long day, which wraps up a really long and whirlwind of a month for me. Mrs. War broke down a few times today crying, which killed me, as she was just overloaded with trying to get it all cleaned up. Thankfully family came by and helped us get the mess cleaned up, as at one point in time, every piece of furniture, rug, whatever, was out in the front yard so we could use the shop vacs a friend brought by to suck out all the water.

What. A. Day.

Dang buddy, that sucks might be the biggest understatement ever. Sorry to hear about all that.

Dang buddy, that sucks might be the biggest understatement ever. Sorry to hear about all that.
No worries dude. It happens.

Just wanted to drop in and say that I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas and that you all have a happy new year.

The past year has brought a lot of changes into my life and unwillingly, that has led to an uncomfortably large drop off to my level of activity in the community these past few months. I don't like it, I'm not proud of it, and I wish it could be different. It is what it is though. Unfortunately it will only get worse in the next few weeks.

Throughout it all I still think of all of you, regardless, and will continue to do so as my travels take me elsewhere for a while.

I wish everybody a happy, healthy, and golf laden 2014. You will all be in my prayers.

Special shout out to Dev, being the awesome individual that he is. He texted me a week or so ago to check in on me and make sure I was alright and to wish me a Merry Christmas. It's those kinds of thoughtful gestures that remind me of how awesome this place and it's members are, even if I can't be here very much for the next bit.

JB, GG, and all you hackers, continue to better yourselves personally and continue to grow the community. I can't wait to get back and see how far we've come!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Colt it is good to see you drop by. Do what you have to do and check in when you can. Hope all is well brother.

I would say about 2/3s of our furniture is either in the garage now or on the back porch. I have massive floor fans blowing in all corners of the house on the hardwood floors. I pulled base boards off the wall in the areas that were really flooded to check for excessive water and have dried them out the best I can. A lot of stuff got ruined by the water, and unfortunately some of the things are irreplaceable. Just a really long day, which wraps up a really long and whirlwind of a month for me. Mrs. War broke down a few times today crying, which killed me, as she was just overloaded with trying to get it all cleaned up. Thankfully family came by and helped us get the mess cleaned up, as at one point in time, every piece of furniture, rug, whatever, was out in the front yard so we could use the shop vacs a friend brought by to suck out all the water.

What. A. Day.

I'm sorry to hear this dude. I'm glad to see that you've got things under control though and good on you for being an awesome husband when the wifey isn't having it.

Colt!

Happy Holidays, dude!

Wow War, what a day. That just really sucks dude.

Wow War, what a day. That just really sucks dude.
It does, for sure.

But the kids are asleep now, and now I can sit, relax, THP it up and watch some football!

All is good, dude!

Very sorry to hear about your house, Ryan. That's just a bad situation.

I hope things pick up for you guys soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back