Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This is a press release:

Karsten Hybrid/Iron Set

In the 17-4 stainless steel irons, longer distance comes from precision-engineered loft and club length progressions scientifically paired with wide sole designs that yield a deep Center of Gravity. The Custom Tuning Port integrates with the sole, which reinforces the thinner face to increase ball velocity for greater distance and maximum height. Made of soft elastomer, the CTP produces a solid feel, an attribute that is often sacrificed in distance-focused irons. The forgiving sole positions the CG low and back for higher maximum height while helping the club glide through the turf for increased forgiveness. The hybrids have a deeper head profile and a wide sole to blend seamlessly with the irons for proper distance gapping and trajectories.

The CG locations are progressive – farther back in the lower-lofted heads to promote higher launch; they are lower and more forward in the higher-lofted options to reduce spin. Extreme internal heel-and-toe weighting raises the MOI, so golfers don’t always have to hit it perfectly to get maximum performance.

- Available 3H, 4H, 5H, 5-9, PW, UW, SW
- Stock steel shaft: PING CFS[SUP]®[/SUP] Distance (Soft R, R, S, X)
- Stock graphite shaft: KS 401 (Soft R, R, S)
- U.S. MSRP: $106.25 per club w/steel shaft; $125 per club w/graphite shaft
(Hybrids available only with graphite shaft and not sold separately)

PING_Karsten%20hybrid-L.jpg

PING_Karsten%20iron-L.jpg

My my my, I have finally found a reason to have my interest peaked by ping!

Very cool seeing the name Karsten on clubs also.

Love seeing another OEM launching a hybrid iron set, good stuff!

Was hoping for an Altitude-esque hybrid iron rather than a mixed set of hybrid and iron when I saw the title but maybe that's a step too far...?

The iron certainly looks nice, the tech sounds good, be nice to see some in hand pics esp the hybrid, looks a bit plain to me.

If these perform on par with other offerings in the hybrid iron category and look like that...we have a winner. At first glance these look pretty nice.

This company clearly knows how to stagger lines. Because they are putting out more stuff than just about anybody and you never hear the same thing you hear in the Callaway and TaylorMade threads about too many offerings.

This company clearly knows how to stagger lines. Because they are putting out more stuff than just about anybody and you never hear the same thing you hear in the Callaway and TaylorMade threads about too many offerings.
True. Although when I used to go to the store and walk up to the Ping rack I never had any idea what was what, what was new and what was old, and what clubs I should be looking at. I remember it being overwhelming before I became more educated on equipment. Similar feeling to Mizuno.

It's funny, as I read the intro I had no idea the clubs would look so good. I expected something big and chunky

Very true, though still something I don't understand. How is there such thing as too many options?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Only for the sake of getting your feedback, do you think Ping does a better job of setting up the lines to be more clearly marketed to a specific group of golfers? Or is it just easier to hate on the two guys who spend the most money on ads?

Only for the sake of getting your feedback, do you think Ping does a better job of setting up the lines to be more clearly marketed to a specific group of golfers? Or is it just easier to hate on the two guys who spend the most money on ads?

How do they do a better job? Walk into a store and all the lines are priced nearly the same. Pros are playing a mixture of all of them. And FWIW, I would bet good money that they pay just as much in ads if not more than one of the two you are referring to.

They do happen to have a very loyal fan base, that is a bit older than that of the other two and for some reason find fault in one side releasing a lot of equipment (why I dont know), and none here.

Lots of sweet looking Ping equipment dropping in here today. Good stuff.

I did not see this line coming, color me interested!

Was hoping for an Altitude-esque hybrid iron rather than a mixed set of hybrid and iron when I saw the title but maybe that's a step too far...?

The iron certainly looks nice, the tech sounds good, be nice to see some in hand pics esp the hybrid, looks a bit plain to me.

I thought the same thing when I 1st saw the title. At least in the 5-7 iron range kind of like the Adams hybrid line.

Nice looking offering from Ping, these are something I would like to try out.

Now that's a big bottom girl! I really, really want to hit these.

Image.ashx

A little too wide in the soles for me but I can see some people liking those.

I like the looks of these. If these irons looks more like the g25 than say the k15 at address I would give them more than a fair chance for my bag.

Hmmmmmm I think these could be pretty interesting. I'd hit em!

Very nice!! This set will turn some heads for sure, I can think of a lot of my friends that would really like to get their hands on these babies. Can't wait to see more!

This club is really interesting to me. I don't want to use the word boring, it's just... bland?

There seems to be nothing to it. Nothing to help on poor swings that come in steep or heavy on presentation..

Honestly it reminds me of some of the first woods I had in my golf bag.

I think there is a ton of golfers out there that could benefit from a set like this, I love that they've put the hybrids and irons together, one stop shop for most people with this set!

The early reviews on these seem pretty positive relative to increases in ball speed. Will be interesting to see them firsthand.

A very simple and clean looking set or irons and hybrids. Lots of new hybrid/ iron sets coming out this year.

Its going to mean lots of time hitting clubs and working on my swing with my pro.

Very simple look, but maybe too simple? I know we all complain about too much going on with today's blubs, but this one just looks outdated.. Or maybe that is the point with the Karsten stamping?

I'm not sure these are my kind of thing, but I'm sure they'll be a good fit for a lot of golfers and I'm interested to see how they look at address.

Back