What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the 79 mayday. Always nice to break 80.

Played 9 holes and though I didn't play 7 due to it being a wintergreen.. Played -4 on 8 holes.

Had both an eagle and an albatross today. The latter was my first hole in one!

85 at PGA National.

(Simulator golf at my old practice facility).

You can't chip or putt worth a darn on those things but I was hitting shots out of the "rough" that I wouldn't be able to in real life.

Felt good to swing a club.

90... just about every iron swing on the toe. At the end I started to make some good contact. Hope it doesn't take too long to get used to the lighter shafts

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

90... just about every iron swing on the toe. At the end I started to make some good contact. Hope it doesn't take too long to get used to the lighter shafts

90 here as well! Drove the ball well, and chipped pretty well but my iron swing was no where to be found

I hate when this thread bumps to the top (not really).
Just reminds me that someone else can still play real golf when I can't :)
Couple more months...

42/42-84 on a windy cool day. As much as winter golf sucks it was good to swing a club outside. I was happy with a lot of my game and know what my issues are to work on before Spring.

Only 3 fairways and every green hit resulted in it going over the back. I was over the green in 2 on two of the four par 5's.
30 putts was good including 4 over 10 feet. JB's thread has got me keeping track of how many long putts I make.

Highlight was driving the green on #12 from 375 yards!
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Best-Shot-Of-Your-Round&p=2723033#post2723033

90 here as well! Drove the ball well, and chipped pretty well but my iron swing was no where to be found

I keep seeing some strange sites from you. What course we're you playing today?

42/42-84 on a windy cool day. As much as winter golf sucks it was good to swing a club outside. I was happy with a lot of my game and know what my issues are to work on before Spring.

Only 3 fairways and every green hit resulted in it going over the back. I was over the green in 2 on two of the four par 5's.
30 putts was good including 4 over 10 feet. JB's thread has got me keeping track of how many long putts I make.

Highlight was driving the green on #12 from 375 yards!
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Best-Shot-Of-Your-Round&p=2723033#post2723033

Good score and drive. What was the temp for your round with everything being frozen and all?
I've started a round in sub 40 temps but have never played a frozen course before.

You both got out today and left me hanging! Would have much rather been out there than at the Denver Art Museum fo sho! You just got those sticks whadaya expect, perfection? JK

You both got out today and left me hanging! Would have much rather been out there than at the Denver Art Museum fo sho! You just got those sticks whadaya expect, perfection? JK

Ua yeah lol. I knew there will be adjustment time... just frustrating and has me thinking about reshafting the new clubs

Without the benefit of hitting a single GIR tonight, I still managed a 42.
I hit 5/7 fairways and had 15 putts to make up for the 'not quite' day I had in hitting greens.

Nice scrambling there T0AD

58 for 9. It's an improvement by 3 from five days ago but I was scuffling out there. Averaged 2 putts per hole for the 9 (which is down from a 2.88 average last time I was out as well). Only hit one fairway though (told you I was scuffling). Kind of frustrating, but for $8 it was a good way to spend a couple of hours and met a couple of good fellows the last three holes.

Going to Raleigh tomorrow and may just hit the range and go for a standard fitting at Golfsmith. Have a tee time for Sunday with a friend up there. Hope to play better then!

Shot a 46 on the front 9, continuing my "almost breaking 90" streak. Not sure what I shot on the back, as the app I was using to track my score crapped out on me. Pretty sure I played worse on the back. Highlight hole, the par 4 5th, which was just how I hope to play it. Drive to the right side of the fairway, 9 iron that was sure to stay on (pondered a pitching wedge, but really didn't want to leave it short and have to chip to a front pin). Instead, left myself a 30' for birdie. Hit what seemed like a good lag through two breaks that just kept getting better, right up until it dropped in the hole for bird. Wish all the holes had gone so well.

well my putting expertise did not carry forward from Tuesday (31 puts), Today it was 38 putts. 45 on the front 40 on the back for a 85! Nice weather so its great living in LA (lower Alabama).

86 today at Longwood in Farmville, Va. I have never played in totally frozen conditions, so im not too unhappy with the score. I did learn a few things.
1. Balls do not stick on frozen greens
2. Putting on frozen greens is akin to putting on a hardwood gym floor.
3. You would think frozen conditions would equal more carry off of hard fairways, sadly it equals an embedded ball surrounded by ice.
4. Hitting off of frozen sand is exciting. It feels something like swinging an axe at a concrete power pole.
5. Putting out of frozen sand is acceptable, but see number 2 above.
6. Footjoy shoes and weathersoft gloves are killer in 26 degree weather. Im a Park Ranger and would kill for gloves and boots that warm!
7. Trying to hit down on the ball, is like trying to wipe your butt with a chewing gum wrapper.
8. Divots become lethal at 26 degrees.

Other than that, it was great to be outside. Thanks to fellow THP member slodsm for the deal on the Callaway x hot 3h. That thing will be taking the place of my 5 wood!

(+4) 72.

14/18 GIRs just couldn't get a putt to fall. Had 2 doubles and all pars.

Carded a +9 79 today. The greens at my home course are just about too fast to play right now. The greens keeper is putting pins in unusual locations to keep traffic off of the areas that the pins normally go. Our greens don't have a lot of undulations but they do have a lot of tilt. If you get above the hole on several of the greens there's just no stopping the ball. A 6 foot par putt that's tapped ever so slightly can lead to a 15 foot comeback. I was on the wrong side of the hole all day long. I had 3 doubles, all of which included 3 putts.

We got to Tampa a bit early today so I got on the phone and found a place to play a few holes. Cypress Creek is a nifty course and I want to come back when I have some time. Even though I didn't start until after 3:00 I did (barely) get to see all 18 holes by dark. The fairways are pretty narrow and exacting, still, I drove the ball pretty good but didn't find a couple of them. Those who have played with me know I can't see the ball in the air. So I didn't have a score though I teed off on all 18 holes. I did have quiet a few pars on the back nine but no birdies, just didn't make any putts, rushing on tough greens is not good for the score. A thoroughly enjoyable course, I will be back.

86 today at Longwood in Farmville, Va. I have never played in totally frozen conditions, so im not too unhappy with the score. I did learn a few things.
1. Balls do not stick on frozen greens
2. Putting on frozen greens is akin to putting on a hardwood gym floor.
3. You would think frozen conditions would equal more carry off of hard fairways, sadly it equals an embedded ball surrounded by ice.
4. Hitting off of frozen sand is exciting. It feels something like swinging an axe at a concrete power pole.
5. Putting out of frozen sand is acceptable, but see number 2 above.
6. Footjoy shoes and weathersoft gloves are killer in 26 degree weather. Im a Park Ranger and would kill for gloves and boots that warm!
7. Trying to hit down on the ball, is like trying to wipe your butt with a chewing gum wrapper.
8. Divots become lethal at 26 degrees.

Other than that, it was great to be outside. Thanks to fellow THP member slodsm for the deal on the Callaway x hot 3h. That thing will be taking the place of my 5 wood!

Not to rub it in (I grew up in Virginia, and know well bitter winters with no snow), but I wore trousers today to play, and regretted it when it turned out I had to walk and carry my bag. 70° and sunny here in Arizona.

46 over 9

No warm up and had 30 mph winds

Played the last 3 at +1 so a decent finish

First time ever playing with my seemore and hit a 20 ft par bomb to start my round! That was cool.

Only hit one driver as well, as I was hitting my new x2 hot 5 wood to get a feel for it

Had some long second shots

Not too worried about the score, great to play some golf. There is still snow on the course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back