• 0 - Have you seen me putt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lets say you have a 10 ft flat putt. There is no break to it at all. The green is not fast, but not slow. Its a solid speed and a smooth surface. We line up 10 balls. How many do you think you will make on average?

Remember this is an actual 10 ft putt. There is no legal limit or standard on flag sticks, but most are usually in the 7 ft range. So its still longer than that.

7/10

After all, I hit 4 in a row from at least that far in a Franklin, TN fitting room.

Prob'ly 1/2 though.

Maybe 50% and that is probably being generous

I think 50%. Putting is generally the strongest part of my game. Of course since I haven't played much lately, it's been the only part of my game that has seen action which could be why.

• Admin
There is a poll added.

I would honestly say probably 6 out of 10. I have been focusing on that range of putts as of late and that has been about my rate. Its up from about 4/10 in the past few weeks. 10 ft putts tend to be easier for me than the 5 footers.

Maybe 4 in 10 for me.

I think I'd make a good number of them just because it's the same, flat putt over and over again and one I practice all the time at home. I'd say 6/10.

It's worth mentioning that it would depend on whether or not I knew for sure it was a completely flat putt before I started. If I knew for sure it was dead straight, I would probably approach 50%. If I didn't know, there is a good chance I would read it wrong and miss more than that.

Maybe 3 at most, assuming that I'm not just dropping 10 balls and making adjustments every time. 10 different putts yet still a straight putt on same speeds, I'm ok saying 25-30%. I just hate straight putts. The eyes are stupid and play tricks on you about how there's gotta be some sort of movement.

I've tracked this for me, it was just over 33% for me, so I went 1-3. I consider myself pretty good on the greens as well but the numbers for me don't lie.

I tend to think I am a decent putter, but I bet I am somewhere 35-40%

I voted 1-3 and that's if I'm on the putting green and able to stay in one place. If it's on the course going from green to green I would say 0-2.

1-3. Probably not even that right now. Adjusting to a #9 head shape has been harder than I thought it would be.

I'm going to do it tonight and see.

I'd probably make half. My birdie ball has given me tremendous confidence in this range. Every time I have a flat 8-10 footer I just visualize putting in my living room.

I've tracked this for me, it was just over 33% for me, so I went 1-3. I consider myself pretty good on the greens as well but the numbers for me don't lie.

Even on a dead flat straight putt? I would have thought you would make more than that

If I am hitting them one after the other I could get on a roll and hit at least 5 or 6. But I took 10 random swings at different time with the same putt It would more like 3 or 4 I think

Even on a dead flat straight putt? I would have thought you would make more than that

Nope, 33% from there.

Also tracked it from 15, 8, and 4. Was 15%, 56%, and 86% there IIRC.

Need to dig those notes out tonight, last number might have been lower.

Right now I'd guess that I would make 4 out of the 10.

I would guess three for me, maybe more if it was the same putt over and over.

I went with 1-3 while on some days I would make more I feel this would be about average for me.

Im going to say I would make 25-30%. I will need to do thius tonight on the birdie ball and see what I come up with.

Back