Taylormade Tour Preferred MC Iron Review Thread

We.

I bet we like them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I bet we do.

Can't wait dude, next week. Ready to put these to work.

I bet we do.

Can't wait dude, next week. Ready to put these to work.
I know, it's going to be awesome.

That, plus a bladeoff.

Finally got my hands on these. The first thing I noticed were how much smaller the heads are than my R11s, specifically the long irons. I absolutely loved the way they look, though. I can't wait to get to work with them this weekend!

Gs1vYut.jpg

Finally got my hands on these. The first thing I noticed were how much smaller the heads are than my R11s, specifically the long irons. I absolutely loved the way they look, though. I can't wait to get to work with them this weekend!

Gs1vYut.jpg

I know you are stoked buddy.

Hit the MC the other day. 6 iron. Was not a fan. Hard and harsh. Especially after hitting them beside the 714 ap2 and Apex pro.

That's sime tough competition. I haven't hit the MCs yet, and im sure I will. But, the AP2 and Apex line will be tough to top.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Hit the 7i while waiting for a putter regrip at Roger Dunn. Have to say, the feel of the cast iron was pretty good. Maybe not as soft as my 588's, but not far off. Distance as shown on the launch monitor was about my usual 7i distance. Liked the looks at setup, and liked the feel. I've been thinking of going to a little more forgiving head, but can't argue with the performance of my 588's. Will have to test them on the range to get a better feel for them. Otherwise, I'm tempted by these.

I'm really excited to see how these irons' forgiveness translates to the course.

Saturday is getting close. These beauties are going to get worked!

So I just got to hit these at our local PGA SS..... I think I am love. They feel incredible and not nearly as hard to hit as I thought they would be

KG

Just Tapping Away

With your index and the irons you play now I don't see why it would be a problem. Might have found a MC match!

Hawk... They had these and the CB with the interchangeable shaft to where I could hit he CB with what I was for with and I was still more impressed with the MCs. Might want the forgiveness in the 4-6 but we will see

KG

Just Tapping Away

I've now seen these in person...glad I went cb....kinda thin for me, but you guys with game will be fine

Hawk... They had these and the CB with the interchangeable shaft to where I could hit he CB with what I was for with and I was still more impressed with the MCs. Might want the forgiveness in the 4-6 but we will see

KG

Just Tapping Away

Not a bad idea at all.

I'm very anxious to compare these side by side with my TP MCs. If I like them, I'd probably bag a combo set.

I posted this on 2 other forums but this is my 1.542 cents.

So I was peeking around Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday and got to hit the new TM MC iron 6 iron.

Looks: STUNNING...plain and simple....STUNNING. The head size, sole design/shape, offset is a true Players CB. I am a fairly comfortable long iron player, to be honest I might stop at the 6i and look at the CB 4 & 5i.

Feel: Disappointed that the set is a split cast/forged set. The 6i is cast and I wasn't blown away with the feel. There have been better cast irons from other brands IMHO. It wasn't bad but there are better.

Distance: Well this is where I expected the MC to shine with the slot pocket. I hit my current 6i mid-upper 160's, I have a tendency to cast my wrists/scoop the ball so when I get it right I am upper 170's/low 180's but that is not often.!

I took 6 swings making great contact I got avg carry of 165 with 2-3 yds fwd roll. My best was 170 carry/174 total. So I look over in the demo bag and I see the Cally XHP 6i PX95 shaft. So I figure the club is in the same player category.

1st hit 174 with 4yds fwd roll. I hit 6 more balls. I was consistently 174-175 carry on all the balls. I know the loft is a tad stronger and it was a lighter shaft BUT I felt the XHP was an easier iron to hit for more distance. I felt like I had to work the MC's too much to get top distance.

On a whim I grab the 13 X Forged PXI 6.0 6i demo iron. 1st hit 185yds! My eyes lit up. I hit 9-10 more shots. All but 1 was in the mid 180's, 1 was 176 but I also hit 2 shots with a 190 carry/194 total. I really loved the feel of the head and the weight of the PXi shaft.

So I got back to the MC thinking my swing is now in a groove. I was the 170-172 carry range now. I just wasn't getting the pop I got from the Cally's. Are they a SWEET set of irons? ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!!!!!!! Are they the right iron for me? Doesn't appear the MC/S300 combo is for me. I would like to try it with the KBS Tour-V shaft.

So showed me not all irons are for everyone. DEMO DEMO DEMO!!!

Try the lighter weight shaft in the TM TP MC! :)
The PX95 and PXi in the Cally irons is much lighter than the DG S300 shaft.....ie higher swing speed with the Cally's = more distance.

S300 shaft = 130g
PXi shaft, stiff = 110g

Check swing speed and trajectory height next time....if near same swing speed and trajectory height but more distance then head is more efficient.

Last edited:
I have to say, for some reason I can not get myself to like the looks of the MC. Something about it just looks off to me, even when seeing the clubs in person. On the other hand, I love the looks of the CB's. With most club's looks it is the other way around.

Honestly one of the best looking irons I've had in hand or in bag. So gorgeous.

Honestly one of the best looking irons I've had in hand or in bag. So gorgeous.

Really nice little package. I found the topline to be a little bigger than thin. Some decent forgiveness. They won't swing themselves, but all in all a fantastic package.

Really nice little package. I found the topline to be a little bigger than thin. Some decent forgiveness. They won't swing themselves, but all in all a fantastic package.

You are going to have to explain this one to me if you don't mind?

To me they look as thin and compact as the MB's. If you check out the live thread, JMan posted a pic of the tops of each club. I could point out the CB since I could see the back. The other two? I can't tell you which was which based on that photo. They have very similar profiles, just with some extra forgiveness built into the MC. I liked hitting all three this weekend but the MC felt like a perfect blend of muscleback look, cavity back forgiveness. It would definitely be one to ponder.

I thought the toplines were a little bigger than my VR Pro Combos. They aren't thick, but thicker than I was used to. I Found that low on the face, the ball still elevated. I lost distance, but I could still get some height.

Now, today I swung like an idiot. I was hitting fat and/or closed faced. Not the best barometer

Blu's reviews are typically a riddle wrapped up in an enigma and then battered and deep fried. Served with a side of guacamole.

Back