The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I'm terms of alt shot.... Did you all play true alt shot with altering tee balls or did both partners hit a tee ball and pick best one?

Definite Alt-Shot. One player tees off on odd holes, one player on even.

Hope we see alt shot back, so damn fun and pressure packed.

yeah, for all the moaning and groaning ahead of time the feedback was solid post MC

Alt shot is a blast once you get going.

yeah, for all the moaning and groaning ahead of time the feedback was solid post MC

Moaning and groaning? That's kind of harsh.

We had a lot of good forum conversation about the impacts of alt-shot that carried into the event nicely.

I for one enjoyed it.

The alt shot sounds very interesting and seemed like it was well accepted last year. Would be neat to see that back again. Pretty sweet that the spots will all be filled soon and teams will take shape. Going to be interesting to see what all is in store for this year.

Before I'm concerned with formats, I would just like to have a team. Poor John is getting sick of reading my texts.

Moaning and groaning? That's kind of harsh.

We had a lot of good forum conversation about the impacts of alt-shot that carried into the event nicely.

I for one enjoyed it.

I'd say one could argue that it brought the teams closer. You have to lean on your teammate. Tons of pressure = tons of fun

I'd say one could argue that it brought the teams closer. You have to lean on your teammate. Tons of pressure = tons of fun

I can't speak for everyone, but certainly that was the case with my partner. There was no way we were not going in with a strategy.

Dan and I talked about this format and strategized it perfectly. Obviously dan is longer than me off the tee, however, based on the course and which holes set up better for each of us, I took the tee box on all of the Par 5s.
I can't speak for everyone, but certainly that was the case with my partner. There was no way we were not going in with a strategy.
We did it well, friend.

Sorry to butt in here.... But where can I sign up for this ?

Sounds awesome !!

Dan and I talked about this format and strategized it perfectly. Obviously dan is longer than me off the tee, however, based on the course and which holes set up better for each of us, I took the tee box on all of the Par 5s.

We did it well, friend.

My 3w was my go to off the tee. Taking the par fives, most of which were not Canadan drive + War approach reachable would have been the bad play.

Then, we built some chemistry, talked about our expectations from one another, and then committed to a strategy. "You know your swing. Trust it and whatever happens happens."

I don't know about you War, but that was all I needed to hear. We did what we could where we could and it flat out worked. An awesome teammate.

Did you get to pick who tee'd off at each hole or was it determined by who holed the putt on the previous hole. What if a putt was conceeded?

Looking forward to finding out which 7 guys will be my new best friends for the next 6 months.

Did you get to pick who tee'd off at each hole or was it determined by who holed the putt on the previous hole. What if a putt was conceeded?
Depending on who teed off off the first hole, they teed off on all the odd holes and your partner teed off on all the evens. You determined order before you started your match.

Depending on who teed off off the first hole, they teed off on all the odd holes and your partner teed off on all the evens. You determined order before you started your match.

Yep, this.

So my partner and I determined who wanted to play certain par 3s and 5s and that drove the overall odd/even decision.

Why wait? Let's be besties right now. #MCBrotherhood

97465-Did-we-just-become-best-friend-5BZD.gif

Did someone just quote Step Brothers? Here I am.

I am hoping Alt Shot comes back this year. I think a lot of guys really weren't looking forward to it but it turned out to be awesome. Whole new ballgame when it comes to strategy.

That format does sound pretty fun. Lots of pressure though.

Yep, this.

So my partner and I determined who wanted to play certain par 3s and 5s and that drove the overall odd/even decision.

That's exactly how Jeff and I decided as well.

Before I'm concerned with formats, I would just like to have a team. Poor John is getting sick of reading my texts.

Not saying the two are connected, but I do have the flu.

Yep, this.

Me and MikeDean had that strategy as well...ended up missing all the greens and fairways :D

Nah...Mike played good, I played good, the other guys played better.

That's all you can ask of each other, if you each put your best out there and you get outplayed, there's nothing for anyone to be ashamed of

Back