The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Me too, from the highlights I saw at lunch he's still coming up and out of the shots. I really hope he finds the answer because I'd love to see him break Jack's record but I'm not so sure he will anymore, not with this unpredictable swing.

Thought the exact same thing. This is one event that most expect him to own. Win or lose, its a course he just wrecks. Not playing well here is puzzling. Lots of time still of course.

You think if he would have started on the north course yesterday and do the south course today he would have had a better score?
Thought the exact same thing. This is one event that most expect him to own. Win or lose, its a course he just wrecks. Not playing well here is puzzling. Lots of time still of course.

You think if he would have started on the north course yesterday and do the south course today he would have had a better score?

Not sure. When it goes like today for him, I am not sure the course matters.

I have to agree...from the little I saw that garbage would have followed probably anywhere

That is true, hopefully he'll come back better tomorrow. Kinda crappy he didn't even wan't a interview, but I guess if you got everyone on your shoulders watching you to win this tournament and you play like this your not going to.

I know what's wrong with Tiger.

Spoiler
It's that silly adjustable hat!!! Go back to the flex fit!! hehe

I know what's wrong with Tiger.

Spoiler
It's that silly adjustable hat!!! Go back to the flex fit!! hehe

I thought it was the gum?

Weird seeing him hit driver fairly well today, yet the irons are way off.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Skim alert...his swing looks odd, like he's too muscular in the chest and shoulder or something...he looks really constricted on his turn to me, he's not getting the club as close to parallel as I remember.

It's scary seeing him hit it this poorly,it's early yet in the season but I cant remember seeing him this removed mentally from Torrey.

I just got home from the Indy Golf Show to see...79? By Tiger? At Torrey Pines?? Wow.

Tiger just finished with the same score (79) as my best ever score at Torrey Pines South. From much shorter tees. Back when I was fairly good. ⛳

I just got home from the Indy Golf Show to see...79? By Tiger? At Torrey Pines?? Wow.
And he had to make like a 15 footer to break 80.

Skim alert...his swing looks odd, like he's too muscular in the chest and shoulder or something...he looks really constricted on his turn to me, he's not getting the club as close to parallel as I remember.

I agree, he should downsize...only problem is that downsizing is very difficult, I'm in the process myself :(

Wasn't it Faldo on Friday who said that he's actually took muscle off in the upper body?

That's probably why I am having so much issue with my swing as well. Muscles are too big.

That's probably why I am having so much issue with my swing as well. Muscles are too big.

Agreed, my wife was just telling me that I was getting too bulky. I don't think she was talking about muscles though. Just for fun, I went out and ran into the fire hydrant with the car though. :alien:

Seriously, I really think its just rust and he will be fine. Probably didnt take Torrey very seriously since he has had so much success there. That course ate a lot of lunches this week.

JM

I personally think he needs to ditch foley,

I heard that about you. The Wareagle/woods work out Dvd is due out prior to the masters.

As for TW being too big, the guy is as flexible as he is stacked. I saw several swings from woods this weekend that told me he isn't far off. His biggest issue is with Foley's swing, when it goes bad for him? It's hard to get back. And a testament to woods he is trying to figure how to do so.

This happens man....you rarely see body builders tearing up the golf course. There's a reason for that. But what you gonna do?

I think Tiger looked close too. I'm sure it's a little rust is all and he'll have things ironed out in no time.

Ha ha that was awesome Blu!

Tiger will never master the Foley swing permanently, there are too many issues with distances and the left side of the course. Tiger needs to call Haney and remove the left side again, he'll break Jack's record if he does it. The other part of it is the mental torque on Tiger's confidence, when he was with Haney he didn't moap after a bad shot, now he looks like he just wants to go home. I am not a Haney Homer , I do like some of his thoughts on the swing though and he knew how to get Tiger down the line and stay in the shot.

Honest question, is Tiger capable of mastering anyone's swing at this point in his career? Let's say he kicks Foley to the curb and signs with a Haney like teacher, can he get that magic back or are his faults to deep?

I'm in the camp that he has to figure out his game with Foley. I don't think his body can handle the aggressive left side move of a Haney swing. I think once Foley and he figure out how to give him a go to swing under pressure, he'll get back to his consistent ways.

Back