Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

Did you roll a tank this past year?

I had one at one point. But did a trade I regretted. Keep kicking myself and I am putting one back.

I need to add one of these ad well. I am definitely a mallet guy and not so sure about the #7... suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The #7 is awesome. If you like mid mallets the rossie, 330, and #9 are also pretty sweet.

Anyone have thoughts on the #6? I like the look from address. I've been playing the FGP and have become comfortable with a blade style. I do really like the #7 as well. So many choices!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Anyone have thoughts on the #6? I like the look from address. I've been playing the FGP and have become comfortable with a blade style. I do really like the #7 as well. So many choices!

The #6 is another great looking putter. I really like the flow neck on it but for some reason blade putters haven't been agreeing with me much. If I were to get a blade style, it would be the #6

Ack! Why did I pick up this putter at Golf Galaxy? I do not need to try/buy another putter... But, it looks great, it felt great, the setup is fantastic. And, it puts a good roll on the ball. I need to avoid the golf store putter section like the plague, for a while.

EDIT: Talking about the #7 model.

Ack! Why did I pick up this putter at Golf Galaxy? I do not need to try/buy another putter... But, it looks great, it felt great, the setup is fantastic. And, it puts a good roll on the ball. I need to avoid the golf store putter section like the plague, for a while.

EDIT: Talking about the #7 model.

Cause you know you need one. :D

The #6 is another great looking putter. I really like the flow neck on it but for some reason blade putters haven't been agreeing with me much. If I were to get a blade style, it would be the #6

I like the set of the #6 a little better than the #1. I'm looking forward to trying all the styles and I rolled the #7 tank a lot in stores last summer.

I need to add one of these ad well. I am definitely a mallet guy and not so sure about the #7... suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I have never rolled the #7 before. I rolled all the MXM line up, 24 balls ea all from the same spot. The #7 was just amazing. I went in thinking I would be walking out with the #1.
We will see what happens on real greens, when this white stuff goes away.

Should be getting the #9 by Wednesday or Thursday. Looking forward to adding it to the collection.

This is the one I really want to see in person. Not always a blade fan (though I want to be), and the flow neck is such a better look to me than the plumbers neck.

This is the one I really want to see in person. Not always a blade fan (though I want to be), and the flow neck is such a better look to me than the plumbers neck.

Exactly. I am not a plumbers neck fan at all. A nice flow neck or just a single or double bend fit my eye and stroke much better.

Well decided to just throw the lime green SS on.

y2y3aze9.jpg

unasu9u8.jpg

upa5abym.jpg

Messed with a #9 head last night tho be it in a versa. The more I see the more I like that head shape

Messed with a #9 head last night tho be it in a versa. The more I see the more I like that head shape

I have the Versa version as well. I really like both but I would give a slight edge to the Versa. Both are solid options, looks go to the MXM and feel to the Versa.

I have the Versa version as well. I really like both but I would give a slight edge to the Versa. Both are solid options, looks go to the MXM and feel to the Versa.

The head shape is one I've never tried but in hand store I was dropping 10ft putts like nothing

The head shape is one I've never tried but in hand store I was dropping 10ft putts like nothing

FWIW, keep in mind the store putting greens like to have a bit if a funnel effect.

Even then though, it's such a gorgeous putter.

FWIW, keep in mind the store putting greens like to have a bit if a funnel effect.

Even then though, it's such a gorgeous putter.

Very true. We have a demo day coming next month. It's at an outdoor facility. Typically if I make changes it's based on it due to being able to see what the putter does or the full flight of the ball on other clubs

Rolled the #9 & #1 yesterday for the first time. The #9 looks great, but doesn't feel right for my stroke. The #1 however was fantastic. Soft off the face and a true roll were very easy to produce consistently. Unfortunately the #7 was still in the plastic so I'll have to wait to try that one. I also found the stock grip to be a nice size, it was a little bigger than I expected. I've personally found the standard versa grip to be a little small. Personal preference obviously!

Just rolled in 27 consecutive 8 foot putts on my birdie ball. New personal record by a long shot

I've really come to enjoy the Rossie, I put the heavier weights in it, and put on the SS 3.0. Feels fantastic! I like this putter at address with the alignment lines. With the wider grip, I was afraid I'd struggle with some speed issues, but it's been really pretty good with lagging and making runs at the hole. The sound of the acid milled face is fantastic.

Just rolled in 27 consecutive 8 foot putts on my birdie ball. New personal record by a long shot

Congrats nice number.

Back