NikeID TW' 14 Shoe Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice write up Jake and those are some sick looking shoes. I would defiantly like to get a pair of these with the option of designing them and they are so light.

Last edited:
Great review, Jake! 2014 might just be the year of the shoe with all these big releases, but the TWs being "the most comfortable shoe" you've ever worn makes me ponder. Price tag is a little hefty for a custom option, but I believe the stock price is on par with a lot of the higher-end shoes that have come out/are coming out.

Man, my 2014 shoe choice is not getting any easier.

I really want to like the shoes. And at least this year I like the colors. But I am NOT a fan to me it looks like a cheap sneaker with some spikes

Great review! I really like the looks of the shoe and I think Nike has done a great job of making a functional yet comfortable shoe. Add in the fact that you can make it personal, that is a great idea.

Great review Jake, I love having the ability to personalize the design to my own likes and the comfort of the TW is just awesome. Well done dude.

Nice little write up Jake. And great looking shoe. Would you use Nike iD for any other shoe?

Great writeup Jake. Love the green and grey look in the pic. Still not a fan of the tongue, it just looks lethal. Glad to hear the comfort continues to be up to par though.

Awesome write up on these. Always liked these shoes and love the fact they're getting more colorful!!

Great thoughts. I talked at length about the 13's with War Eagle last summer. I know how much he loved them. This seems like a logical improvement of a good thing made better.

Nice review, Jake.

Those are the best-looking TW shoes that I've seen. The green/grey version for the testing look really nice.

Customization is pretty neat. Shoes are a little pricey, though, for a sneakerish pair of shoes.

Awesome write up Jake. I know it's full blast winter up there right now, but I'll be interested to see how cleaning these will be for you once the weather breaks. Love the looks of these things.

Great job Jakester. Does anyone know if they fixed the flaw on the 2013 version that caused some guys some issues? I know JB had an issue with the tongue being too long I believe?

I have a feeling I will own a pair of these. Love the past years models, and these look to be even better.

Great work Jake, I love the color scheme and the customization really adds a great option for consumers!

Nice review, Jake. I like the option of custom colors, and who doesn't like comfort right out of the box? Never used NikeID, but it sounds like a neat option to add to a golf shoe.

Nice review here Jake! While pricy, we pay for a custom option and all things being equal these are not that much more expensive than comparable "non custom" shoes.

Your feedback is very impressive as to the comfort factor of these shoes, looking forward to seeing what your second pair will look like!

I'm a huge fan of my TW'12 shoes, definitely super comfortable and provide plenty of support. I love the idea of customizing the color. Great info Jake, shoes look awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Great thoughts Jake. Seems like they really listened to the customer. Kept a lot of the comfort features, but adjusted the style and made them more golf friendly.

I am glad they kept last years tongue design, rather than reverting to the older style.

I cant handle bloody ankles any more.

I think this years choice of shoe has come down to this one, Biofusion, and DNA. Loved hearing about the pure comfort and stability of this shoe, though it does nothing to make my decision any easier.

A friend of mine bought the 2012s and I really liked the look and I love the look of these too.
Have to say though, that price is steep! Cannot see dropping around $200 on a pair of shoes regardless of how comfortable they are.

Nice review! They look awesome! I'll definitely have to check out the design process online

Using Tapatalk

Those new TW's look very nice! The ID system to make it one of a kind is very cool. Enjoy those shoes, great write up.

Thanks for all the great comments guys, I appreciate it!

Nice little write up Jake. And great looking shoe. Would you use Nike iD for any other shoe?
Good question buddy. I probably wouldn't think to do it at first, not given how many colorful options are out on the market in general, but if there was a specific color scheme I wanted and couldn't find it I'd do it without hesitation!

Back