What is your most comfortable distance?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
What is your most comfortable distance? You know, the one that once you get to that number you just know you're going to hit a good shot and post a good score. Or, maybe it is a distance that you TRY to get to in order to score. Either way what's yours?

Mine is 100 yards. I have several different shots i can hit with several different clubs at that distance. If I can get to the 100 yard marker, I know I'm going to score on that hole.

For me its either 90 or 100 yards. I can use multiple clubs for multiple ball flights and stick most of them pretty close from there.

For me its either 90 or 100 yards. I can use multiple clubs for multiple ball flights and stick most of them pretty close from there.

Nice dude. 90 for me is actually too close. That 50-90 range is tough depending on my club set up. That is the number where my creativity starts to get in my way.

For myself, I try to get within 100-140 range - I enjoy hitting my GW/PW/9i into greens.

Not sure why, but I seem to hit a nice smooth partial PW very solid at this distance compared to full swings at 135 with it, or full swings as 110 with my AW.

There was time last year where 75 ish with a 3/4 54* was money for me, hope to get back to that again this year.

Usually 160. That was my 8i last year. I loved that club/distance.

150 on the button, for some reason my 8 is my go to club and it's just a comfortable yardage.

Not sure why, but I seem to hit a nice smooth partial PW very solid at this distance compared to full swings at 135 with it, or full swings as 110 with my AW.

There was time last year where 75 ish with a 3/4 54* was money for me, hope to get back to that again this year.

This is my second favorite number. It is a full gap wedge for me. Perfect distance for that club.

I like 140, a PW or a 3/4 9 iron and usually pretty accurate. If I get inside of 120, all bets are of, thinning or hitting a fat wedge, bad news.

145. Smooth 8i.

And tap ins.

125 -130 for me, like others, anything under 100yds can be a lottery

125 for me. Just a stock PW

130 yards is a nice full PW for me. Anything closer than that where I have to take something off, I end up in trouble.

I'm hoping this changes in 2014. I'd much rather be more comfortable with my short game.

100 yards. I know that can take a nice easy PW at that distance and usually hit the green. The PW is my most consistent scoring iron so any time I can get myself in the position to use it at a comfortable distance, I do that.

Defiantly have to say 130 and in. Thats my 9 iron from there and I usually never miss from there in unless if I get stupid and try and hit a high ball with my 68° Lob Wedge.

This may sound odd, but I work really hard to be good with my 8i. Mainly because I didn't want to be dialed in with my pitching wedge. The longer the club I feel comfortable with, the shorter club I can hit off the tee

For me it's definitely that 90-110 range. I can play a few different wedge shots and different type of trajectories. Basically just let me get a wedge in my hand and I'm happy/confident.

Mine is 100 yards as well. Heck, I'll even lay up to that yardage on a long par 4 if I don't think I can hit the green with a fw or rescue, or there is a lot of trouble around the green. I have a decent chance of hitting it close enough to have a reasonable putt for par from there.

I think once I am about an 8iron and in I feel pretty much the same with any club. But i dont really look at it as one favorable or comfortable yardage. What i do want instead is a more favorable position on the fairway to be heading into the green from. Whether or not that is my 8i or my pw I dont really care. I just want that comfy "A" position.

75 and 140-150.

95 yards. A knockdown 54* that I can typically get pretty close. I'm trying to make that my "peach bucket" distance.

270 yrds + Then I know I can hit my driver. No Fear with that club

80 and 125

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

150 -155 yards for me. I am money with the 8i. I can't even tell you how long it has been that way.

Back