Course Reviews Coming Back to THP

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
We all love a good golf course and THP Reviews were spectacular last year
but towards the end of the year they basically fizzled out. We are going to
bring it back and I will be looking for THPers to post reviews of where they are
playing. Everything from the resort course you have been dying to play all the
way to the local muni that needs some work, THP wants to hear from you.

To make it a bit easier, we are putting together a guideline/outline so that
people do not think they have to take 100 pictures and tell an entire story.
THP really wants to see everybody's courses they play.

To add some fuel to the fire, we are going to be giving away prizes each
month for course reviews again including prize packs, equipment and more.
We might even kick the whole campaign off with a very cool contest.

So next time you are out there, take a couple of pictures and come back and
give us some info. Stay tuned for the next few days as we unveil the new
look for course reviews to simplify everything for those that want to
participate.

I love this. There are some that I will definitely review positively. Others, not so much haha

Love course reviews and I think they serve a great value to the forum and the casual google searcher. Looking forward to it.

Sounds fun, DFW should be well represented!

Love course reviews and I think they serve a great value to the forum and the casual google searcher. Looking forward to it.

YES AND YES

The structure that will be put in place will make it much more simple to do these reviews, and we are hoping that leads to a ton of these being done on a regular basis and allowing everyone to see what kind of courses are being played out there on a regular basis by fellow THPERS

Look forward to reading the course reviews. Might even do one of my home course.

This is great. I'll definitely try to review at least one of the courses I play on my trip this month! Once the snow melts, be ready for some Chicago Park District course reviews.

Awesome idea here. I really like the idea. Also with a simplified form it should be really really easy to do!

Glad to see this come back. I still go back and pull up some of the old reviews on here just for fun. I enjoy course reviews with pics.

Glad that these are making a comeback, loved doing these and loved reading others reviews.

I'm looking forward seeing these, it's always fun to see what some people like about different courses.

Love it.

I think it is great that you guys will provide a template and explain that all the photos aren't required.

Love this idea, and guidelines would be really helpful. Now I just need to be able to get out to an actual course to play!

My club has 2 loops of 18 plus a third loop with 13 holes presently, so I may well pop a review of those in at some point, even though they aren't the greatest of layouts, it is still my home course

And any others that I get a chance to play will hopefully end up in here as well as long as I get time to take pics / make notes on my way round

Wrote a few reviews earlier last year, excited to see this feature brought back to the fore!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

This is freaking awesome. THP is killing it as usual, but seem to be stepping it up a notch.

#franchiserewritten

Like the outline idea so most are hitting similar points and hopefully more compact.

Subscribed. Would like to participate in these for sure.

I'm interested in the Google angle. Outside of ddec, I know of nobody from my immediate area on the Forum. We have a bunch of nice courses in the area and I'd love to get more people from here involved with THP. So if I understand right, a google search of a local course that I did a review on would show up and link that searcher to THP?

Very cool. I like that there will be a template provided. Keep them uniformed and clear, will help the readers and writers. Looking forward to submitting some of my own.

Mixed feelings about this. It's fun to do the reviews and play the courses. But I think they get over looked by a great many.

Mixed feelings about this. It's fun to do the reviews and play the courses. But I think they get over looked by a great many.
I think that was because many felt the need to take multiple pictures of every hole and every detail of the course.

Highlight what makes a course great or different, and showcase that, rather than take a picture of 18 tee boxes, 18 yardage markers, etc etc.

Make sense?

people respond to incentives, great way to build the course review library that is already pretty impresive on here.

Well if Ive learned anything, its that contests have a way of expanding interest in certain things

I'm interested in the Google angle. Outside of ddec, I know of nobody from my immediate area on the Forum. We have a bunch of nice courses in the area and I'd love to get more people from here involved with THP. So if I understand right, a google search of a local course that I did a review on would show up and link that searcher to THP?

That is correct.

You are looking at the small picture and basing it on THPers that are active on the forum. If you take a look at the large amount of viewers, they are definitely not overlooked.

Let me use this example. Say you are looking to go to Boise Idaho and have time to play a round. You could google some course reviews and get generic stuff from places, or find a review on a place like THP with outlined form and great information on the reality of the course.

Back