2014 Morgan Cup Volunteer Info

Incredible offer by JB and GG!!! Gonna try to be one of the lucky six if my schedule permits.

Wishing everyone an awesome 2014!!

My schedule always permits :thumb:

Wow, this is awesome.

I would love to do this! I think it's a great way to give a little back to THP.

This is amazing, the volunteers are in for one heck of a ride!

#FRANCHISEREWRITTEN plain and simple. How freaking cool is that. WOWoWOW

I would love to do this! I think it's a great way to give a little back to THP.

Go for it...representing OHIO

I'm throwing my name in the hat so I can help keep you boys straight :D

I am so looking forward to having a stable place in life so I can do more THP events. I'll be watching from afar. Volunteers, I know you'll do great!

That is a great gesture from you JB and GG. The volunteers don't need to worry about accommodation now and can concentrate on making it the one of the best weekends of the year.

If wives or family members are coming and want to help do they need to put their name on this list?

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

If wives or family members are coming and want to help do they need to put their name on this list?

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I'm guessing no since these 6 spots are only open to albatross club members. Basically these are the 6 folks that will be directly assisting with the event.

From jb's comments yesterday all other folks will be considered guests/spectators and more info is to come on that.

The 2014 Morgan Cup will be here soon and THP is getting requests every day for volunteers. In years past, we have had this open, pay your own way and be a part of the extravaganza and this year GolferGal and myself wanted to do something a bit different.

This year THP will have six volunteer spots open for the event. Not only that, but THP will be paying for their lodging and three banquet meals for their service during the event. We have reserved a 3 bedroom villa and it will hold six volunteers and that is on us.

Each volunteer will have tasks throughout the weekend from running a camera and capturing the action to tending to participants and making sure there are no issues. The days start early and are rather long, but being a part of The Ultimate Golf Event Period can be a ton of fun as well.

Like all THP Events, volunteers must be Albatross Club Members and here is a list of the perks that come with volunteering.

Lodging in a 3 bedroom villa on property of the event from Thursday night through Sunday.
Friday night THP banquet dinner
Saturday night pairings banquet dinner
Sunday Champions banquet luncheon
Practice Round pricing the same as the participants
The same THP Swag that the participants will receive

You will be a part of the event just like GolferGal and myself and be the reason that it gets shown the way that it does. On Friday during Staff Sponsor Day, we will have a brief class on camera work and how to maximize the coverage and make sure your footage is usable.

Signing up for volunteering will come soon and stay tuned to this thread for the details. If for some reason, you cannot commit to volunteering, but want to come and watch the action, stay tuned for info on that as well. We will have signup for that part of it, as we get closer to the event.

Quoting for morning crew or in case you want to re-read

Chomping at the bit for signups to start so I can hopefully be part of the ULTIMATE event!

Pretty amazing and classy gesture. This is a huge incentive for volunteers. I don't think there will be a shortage this year.

More details coming soon. To answer a few questions or concerns.
There will be a signup for "guests" as well to follow the volunteer info. People are of course welcome to come down and be a part of the action and watch the guys make their way around.
Yes, we are limiting this to 6 volunteers. We believe it is the right mix for the coverage we want and no, quantity does not equal quality in regards to coverage.
We thank you all for your eagerness in wanting to be a part of it.

Would love to do it but can't. Great gesture by THP.

Such an amazing offer, thank you in advance to the volunteers, I know it's a ton of work, but it makes the final product amazing!

Cant wait for signups for this. Have been waiting for this thread to pop up for a few months. This is a really amazing gesture by THP as well.

Wow this is awesome. Very nice gesture and well deserved for the volunteers it's a lot of hard work

I can't wait to throw my hat into the ring. Everything I heard says the volunteers are treated as rockstars, and Josh and Morgan have ensured that is the case!

#wannabearockstar

Very cool to see everyone so excited to volunteer. Its quite humbling actually.

Trying to move some things around on my schedule with hopes to be one of the lucky six.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

I really hope I get one of the volunteer spots. If by chance I'm not able to get one, are you still accepting volunteers if they take care of their own lodging and stuff? With my schedule I'm not sure I will be able to get online when the spots open up. Unfortunately I can't THP as much as I would like. But love supporting the site.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I really hope I get one of the volunteer spots. If by chance I'm not able to get one, are you still accepting volunteers if they take care of their own lodging and stuff? With my schedule I'm not sure I will be able to get online when the spots open up. Unfortunately I can't THP as much as I would like. But love supporting the site.

The volunteering will be left to the 6 that get in, but there will be guest spots available for those that want to come down and be part of the action.

2014 Morgan Cup Volunteer Info

Ok my vacation for these dates are approved. Now I just need to grab one of the volunteer spots. Fingers crossed. I really want to do some interviews. I think I will be good at them. Plus my voice is radio savy. Plus I had my internal "Dont Say" switch reset. :banghead: After everything THP has done for me over the last 2 plus years, I want to give back.

Back