THP Roundup - Bluetooth Speakers For Golf Review

I grabbed a Shower Splash Tunes (?) today and am surprised by the sound for the $.

Sounds great in the shower. Confined space and all. I like the track fw/rev on the unit and you can talk on the phone butt naked in the shower?!?!

Remind me to never call you in the morning, or hang up if I hear running water...

lots of good info here maybe something I look into for when I am walking my solo rounds or when a playing partner is cool with it.

JB any idea what the best options would be for a walker using a clicgear?

I liked this write up. I also like to listen to tunes while I play, but then I start to feel self conscious on the course wondering how far out others can hear and if I'm being a distraction. That being said I may have to check out those chucks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lots of good info here maybe something I look into for when I am walking my solo rounds or when a playing partner is cool with it.

JB any idea what the best options would be for a walker using a clicgear?

My gut feeling says Sound Chuck based on their unique design.

Great review Josh. Really enjoyed reading about some known devices and then some unknown devices. I was surprised about how well the Puma SoundChuck stacked up against the rest. My only question regarding that device would be, do you see the magnetic device holding up over time?

As for the other devices there are definitely some "I might tries" out there, with the varying price points.

Thanks again for the review.

My gut feeling says Sound Chuck based on their unique design.
That's what keeps bringing me back to the Soundchuck, the design just screams for carry/pushcart golf. I'm thinking an orange or pink one.

It definitely does work and sound quite good in the confined space.
For golf, its a bit too muddled and quiet, but in the shower, its great.
Yes, good point. In a fiberglass shower stall, it's pretty awesome.

Remind me to never call you in the morning, or hang up if I hear running water...
Just for a visual, today I jammed to Humpty Dance. :bulgy-eyes:

Thanks for all of the good thoughts guys. Might have a contest or two coming very soon with one of the speakers we enjoyed the most in this testing.

I wasn't in the market for a Bluetooth but after see how you guys tested and you results, I guess I need to get the KS. Great price and all around best tested.

I wasn't in the market for a Bluetooth but after see how you guys tested and you results, I guess I need to get the KS. Great price and all around best tested.

If you are not really a user all that often, take a look at the $20 expandable bass option. Small speaker, tiny price and as War Eagle can attest to, for $20 it works quite well.

At $20 it's a no brainer. Don't have to worry about it getting damaged, lost, etc while getting some quality tunes out on the course.

If you are not really a user all that often, take a look at the $20 expandable bass option. Small speaker, tiny price and as War Eagle can attest to, for $20 it works quite well.

JB, I was going to ask about that. I was looking at the $20 AYL speaker you guys linked in the review (the one in black), but it doesn't look like it's Bluetooth. I looked on the AYL site as well as Amazon, and it doesn't mention Bluetooth. On amazon, there is an option that features Bluetooth (it is yellow) and matches the pictures, but that one is $30. Did you guys test the black and red "pod" design by AYL or the black and yellow one that looks a little like a plus sign? Don't know if I'm looking at things wrong, but just want to hopefully clarify for anyone looking at the $20 option and expecting Bluetooth.

JB, I was going to ask about that. I was looking at the $20 AYL speaker you guys linked in the review (the one in black), but it doesn't look like it's Bluetooth. I looked on the AYL site as well as Amazon, and it doesn't mention Bluetooth. On amazon, there is an option that features Bluetooth (it is yellow) and matches the pictures, but that one is $30. Did you guys test the black and red "pod" design by AYL or the black and yellow one that looks a little like a plus sign? Don't know if I'm looking at things wrong, but just want to hopefully clarify for anyone looking at the $20 option and expecting Bluetooth.

Yes, it is the yellow one and apparently they changed the price to $30.

Yep. The AYL was pretty darn impressive. Good sound in a tiny package. Plus, an option that I liked was the built in AUX cable that stored on the bottom of it that you could use if you wanted to save a bit of battery.
Even at $30, it's a heck of a deal.

Size comparison for the AYL mini boom box. Its smaller than my stapler.

y2apu9yb.jpg

Found the KitSound PocketBoom on Amazon for $51.44 with free shipping, in serious ponder mode now.

Found the KitSound PocketBoom on Amazon for $51.44 with free shipping, in serious ponder mode now.

For small in overall size and convenience to bring it absolutely anywhere due to its size, its a hard speaker to beat. You wont get the crazy loud volume that you can find on larger models, but for the golf course or an office or kitchen, its a great speaker that can be literally put just about anywhere.

They have two on eBay dawg. The one reviewed is $67

For the price I think I am going to have to try out that speaker.

My buddy yesterday had the AYL black and red but it was not wireless. I liked the sound from that little thing. I'm gonna pick up the yellow wireless version.

Am loving the Bose my wife got me for Christmas. Put it back in play with ddec and nerfy yesterday on the course and the sound from this thing is wonderful. It's bigger than the cup size speakers but there is always somewhere to put it on the cart. I think Dean quite liked my 80's mix!

I looked at the AYL black one on Amazon, but ultimately pulled the trigger on this one:

71yzx5MHveL._SY600_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A0JUNWQ

Roughly the same design, but this one had a longer battery life and was only slightly more expensive. Haven't gotten it on the course yet, but at home the sound quality and volume are both pretty good.

So every time my phone gets an email the volume dips on the speaker for a second. It's brief, and sometimes you don't even notice it, but it happens.

Back