Golf Pride Tour Velvet Super Tack Grips Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV with Golf Pride discussing their new for 2014 Tour Velvet Super Tack grips complete with an interesting demonstration on how tacky it is.

Great interview and demonstration. These would be a no brainer if you play in an often wet climate.

This was FREAKING COOL to see in person. These grips feel awesome and really are impressive.

Great interview and demonstration. These would be a no brainer if you play in an often wet climate.
Agreed, sounds like it could really help in wet or even humid conditions.

Sounds like an interesting new grip. Looks pretty easy to restore the tackiness, which I think would help a lot of people.

This was FREAKING COOL to see in person. These grips feel awesome and really are impressive.

Jman, as someone has felt both these and the UTxs, what are the main differences in feel between the two?

Pretty cool. I bet these would be perfect for some mid summer rounds, where sweat is out of control.

This makes me think of the ACE material. May be the first GP grip I've been truly interested in for some time.

Jman, as someone has felt both these and the UTxs, what are the main differences in feel between the two?

A lot to me, totally different takes though to be fair, cord basis vs non-cord basis etc.

Pretty cool. I bet these would be perfect for some mid summer rounds, where sweat is out of control.

Might be the first time I'm interested in the tour velvet style grip again.

Easy to keep clean and tacky on the course. I like that. Will give these some thought.

Those grips would really be handy in July and August when it's humid as heck here and I sweat my butt off. Might have to get some for later summer. Thanks for the Video JB!!

I bet these would be awesome in a wet or very humid climate like Florida in the summer. Heck, we can get that up here in the same day. I'll definitely be giving these a look.

These will be my next grips as I don't wear a glove and they sound perfect for my game.

Playing in that florida humidity I can see how these would be great for that.

Can't wait to give these grips a try. My hands sweat and I'm looking for a good grip with some tac.

Great interview, doesn't look like these would work well with the logo down due to the white line bisecting the grip partway down.

Freaking cool.

I could see these being huge for guys that play when it rains, or heck even in the hot summers....which is just about everyone.

Had some of the tacky grips on some old wedges and loved the feel

These sound pretty sweet. Love the split grip with different on top. Will definitely be checking these out.

These grips impressed the heck out of me at the show. Was never a fan of the TV grip but these I liked and will certainly try. The water demonstration was cool. Couldn't believe how dry and tacky the grip felt after.

Has anyone actually played with the Super Tack grip. I believe these might be my next grip.

I wonder how these compare to Winning Dri-Tac grips? Anyone have experience with both?

Back