What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
42/43 +13... approaches were a mess. Did not play the wind well. 4 FIR 6 GIR 33 putts

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jealous of all you guys playing. Next week starts my first on course action in 2014.

Oh my. Horrible today. I walked 18 and got tired. Need to up my fitness. 45/46 for 91. Worst round in a while. Iron game was very poor today. Very few GIR. Was nice to get out though. Hopefully will play better tomorrow.

29 putts
0 lost balls
Lots of missed greens

48/42 my approach shots were killing me today!!! Only 4 GIR, 1 bird, 4 pars. Too many doubles...

But I still had a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18 in twoball best score format. Managed a level par 72 with my buddy. (46 stableford, I scored three of our four birdies and all of our bogeys)
Then walked another 9, not very well. Mainly due to the double on the second hole. Played a +4 40 then.

Stupid double, teeshot behind a tree, got distracted by sound while pitching out then duffed the next one a bit and needed two puts to finish it off.

Pretty solid day today....really been working on swinging with a smooth tempo

matching 41's for an 82 today

Beat around an 83 at Verdict Ridge here in Charlotte, NC. Conditions were decent, still pretty wet out. Haven't swung a club in 5 weeks so all in all a decent round.

Best round of 2014 by far and if not for a couple lazy putts and a chunker into a pond, it would have been a PB.

Men Par54435434436
Sean Harris53436655340
Putts21222232117

Hit a super chunk into water on 6 and didn't get over it until 8.
Drove the green (264) and missed eagle by 2 inches on 9.

Men Par34354435435
Sean Harris44365546441
Putts21223322118

Couldn't get off that bogey train on the back. Was hitting it decent just couldn't putt all the sudden.

After a strong finish to 2013, my shaky start to 2014 continued with my 5th consecutive 90+ round. I blame some of it on winter conditions...but in reality, today my putting was bad. 39 putts enroute to a 95. ESC adjusted to 94.

Exactly 1 month away from my first club tourney as an individual. Hope to be back in the zone by then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today was a challenging day, but I did back up my previous 86 with an 88. I had 37 puts and my woods just sucked. I could not hit driver for anything. However, my game from 100 in was on today!

Shot 86 today--45-41 missed way too many putts throughout the round. Hit the ball really well and bashed two flagsticks. Neither hit went in the hole. Enjoyed the three hours on the course. Good day!

Today I shot 45/45 for 90 at Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club in California. Hit 10/14 fairways and 6 greens. 32 putts. This was the last round of 3 on our vacation. Felt good to beat my handicap on a tough course, even knowing I left a few strokes out there. Highlight was stringing 2 birdies in a row! After this weekend, I'm really looking forward to the start of the season at home.

Horrendous day. Sloppy gross disgusting conditions and turned in triple digits for the first time in a long time.

Nice walk though

44 over 9 holes :)

41-44 and beat the rain. And due nothing special on the greens. 32 putts. I'll call it solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41/37 - 78 with some work in front of me. Putter needs to wake up on front nine.

41/37 - 78 with some work in front of me. Putter needs to wake up on front nine.

Heck of a back bro

I believe that 2 team thp rounds in the 70s today

Went through so many pages of this thread and most of you seem to shoot in the 80s. I question the truth of this.
I'm new and usually hang above 100 but when I'm out on the course I see people all the time hitting multiple balls,dropping balls because they can't find them, and trying to tap in balls quickly and missing. Then for fun I ask them what they got and they say par! I'm thinking no you didn't but I'm sure this happens a lot. Im questioning the scores you guys receive. I'm sure some of you are good but all of you??

Went through so many pages of this thread and most of you seem to shoot in the 80s. I question the truth of this.
I'm new and usually hang above 100 but when I'm out on the course I see people all the time hitting multiple balls,dropping balls because they can't find them, and trying to tap in balls quickly and missing. Then for fun I ask them what they got and they say par! I'm thinking no you didn't but I'm sure this happens a lot. Im questioning the scores you guys receive. I'm sure some of you are good but all of you??

Don't see why anyone one here would lie about it. Not like we get anything special for what we post on here. If you go to one of the THP outings, you'll see first hand that most of these guys/girls can handle their clubs just as good as they say they can. There are 10,000+ members here so I'm sure that some of them are pretty good.

To add my original reason for coming into this thread, I shot 75 on Saturday!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Guess you'll have to either believe it or play with some of us to see.
Till then it probably isn't wise to be new and call people you don't know a liar.

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

You know it is a topic that comes up a bit lately. I think the big mistake is assuming that the average golfer you see on a daily basis = average forum member here. Play with some THPers and you will quickly find out. I know you are not intentionally calling people out as liars and I feel its all good :) just remember tje averahr golfer is not likely to be active on a place like this.

Interesting question. Is it valid? Not sure if it is based on simply going through this thread as a new member. Welcome to THP by the way. If you hang around here, research, and become active, I can guarantee you that you will get better too.

This thread is a simple snapshot of what some members shot on that particular day, thus the name "What Did You Shoot Today?". What you don't see are the thread topics, reply's, ponders, and requests for opinions and help that are what make up this wonderful place we call THP. You also don't see the cumulative thousands of hours people here put into practicing, learning, and getting better. The random acts of kindness that take place between people who have never even met, but have a common interest in seeing each other do well and get better. In short, the people who compile this community are not what I would call average by any means. THP members are living this game and as such are not what I would categorize as not telling the truth.

Please take some time to look around. Get involved and see what we are about. In time, I'm sure if you come back and revisit this question, I think you will have a different answer. Again, welcome to THP we are glad you are here!

JM

42/43 +13... approaches were a mess. Did not play the wind well. 4 FIR 6 GIR 33 putts

I'm seriously going crazy up here hearing about you guys playing just a few hours away.

I may have even developed a twitch. :beer:

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back