Uh oh, Forgot the Putter!

Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
You're on the green, 12 footer for par, 16 footer for birdie, 3 footer for eagle...doesn't matter, your going for the pin. You reach to get your putter and you grab thin air. After re-gripping and letting it sit to dry, you now realize that you forgot to place the putter back in your bag.

What club do you go with?

I would go with my hybrid. I have chipped and putt with it before, albeit unsuccessful, it's the only one that has seen non-hybrid shots before.

Def the hybrid, worked for Bubba right?

I would take my 4 iron. The club is a bit too hot for putting, but I can control it way better than my hybrid. I think it's the offset that makes it hard with the hybo.

I would go with my 58 and hit the equator of the ball. I've done it a few times for kicks and it works well.

Definitely my 58° wedge! I putt better with that than most people do with a putter. Sounds unbelievable but it's true.

54* wedge all day, I actually practice putting with my wedge

Wow good question. I would have to say my 3w. I have used it for tight lies on the fringe nestled up against the first cut.

It's a gimme since I don't have my putter. :)

I'd use my SCOR 51*.

54 degree wedge

My 4 hybrid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 54 all day

My 54 or 58 wedge. A post by SaffaClint awhile back on putting drills suggested this and so I can actually do this for shortish putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you say this. I've done it more than once when I was moving things around for club testing. I just picked up the ball when I got to the green and turned the round into tee to green practice.

If it was a 16 footer for par, I would cry then pull my hybrid. If it was a 12 footer for birdie, I would cry then pull my SW. If it was a 3 footer for eagle, I would still cry then also use a SW (foot wedge would be nice).

Id mark my ball, drive home and get my putter

Or go back to the clubhouse and borrow one of theirs

I'd blade it with my LW.

Used my driver the other day as a putter at a SIM with some thp'rs. Think I had the only birdie that day using it like a belly putter.

Either my hybrid or my 4 iron. Just just think I could clip the ball consistently with a wedge.

Ask the course if you can borrow a putter. Any putter. Many have rental sets available. I would bet that most would let use use a putter for free, if they don't think the sets will be in heavy use that day.

I would try and get myself a putter but for the sake of the question I would probably choke down on a 50 degree wedge and blade it.

Blade it with the 56° sand wedge. This is a good shot to practice on the putting green, helps smooth out your stroke.

I understand the comments about blading a wedge, but that wouldn't be a good approach for me. I'd rather get the face on the ball with as low a lofted club as I had, rather than trying to hit the equator of the ball with the leading edge of the wedge. I'd use a 3 hybrid if the Driver seemed too unwieldly

any club. just Roy McAvoy it. hahaha
156278002-young-man-using-golf-club-as-billiard-queue-gettyimages.jpg

Seriously though, I use my wedge.

Back