Product Spotlight – The Ground Force Trainer

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP Product Spotlight on a new device called the Ground Force Trainer. Check it out here.

http://bit.ly/1hFqSOV

[h=1][/h]

Interesting product, kind of intrigued as this is something that I struggle with dearly. The guarantee of 5-15 more yards off the tee is solid.

Wonder if that is a "money back guarantee"

Holy cow that looks hard. Falling back/getting off balance early is my big fault. I wonder if I'd break my neck trying this. "downswing should never be attempted" kind of scares me!

Nice review, Hawk! Seems like an interesting and relatively simple way to check how you are distributing your weight in your backswing. I've struggled with proper weight distribution, so something like this might help me quite a bit...and I hope that the guarantee is a money back type. My question: is it too single-minded and simple to justify the $120 price tag? The piece of foam and wooden dowel could be replicated on the cheap, unless there is some specific weighting/thickness that helps the feedback of the swiveling boards.

Anything that claims it can guarantee 5-15 yards is immediately on my radar. Price seems maybe a bit steep but if it works, its priceless to a short hitter like me.

Nice write up Hawk, The product looks solid as a training tool. Weight transfer is one of the most misunderstood and underrated move in the swing, I hope she sells a ton of them.

Dan and I were just talking about this very issue I have just yesterday, maybe its am Omen.

But I think I'll stick with the lessons and maybe if those dont work out, look at this

Interesting product, this is the first I've seen of this one. I would have to get a feel for the benefits before dropping that much money (even with the guarantee).

Would enjoy reading about someone going through the program, what they feel, and if it delivers more yardage.

Great write up Ryan

Interesting way to learn to properly load during the backswing. If that's a money back guarantee for 5-15 yds more distance it maybe worth a shot.

Great review Hawk. First off with the money back guarantee it almost makes it kind of a no brainer. I feel I struggle keeping my weight balanced during my round.

Thanks for reading and commenting guys. This is one of those products I initially sort of rolled my eyes at, but after trying came to really like. I'm actually using it almost on a daily basis at this point, since it really does do what it says it will and the issue is one that I was working on already. Knowing what I should be feeling in the swing is the primary way I learn, and as an added bonus, it should help with flexibility and adding strength in the outer glutes. It's actually much more strenuous on the body that you'd expect.

That said, the price will definitely be an issue for people. No denying that and I think that makes it a tough sell on the individual level unfortunately, even though it probably would help quite a few people. I could see it being an item that a teaching pro would love to have at his/her disposal.

Interesting product, this is the first I've seen of this one. I would have to get a feel for the benefits before dropping that much money (even with the guarantee).

Would enjoy reading about someone going through the program, what they feel, and if it delivers more yardage.

Stay tuned sir. I've been working with it regularly and will continue to update over time.

That's great to hear Hawk, just by looking at it I wouldn't have thought it would be very strenuous on the body. Guess I am wrong. Really looking forward to seeing how this will help you out and seeing what kind of extra distances you get with it.
Thanks for reading and commenting guys. This is one of those products I initially sort of rolled my eyes at, but after trying came to really like. I'm actually using it almost on a daily basis at this point, since it really does do what it says it will and the issue is one that I was working on already. Knowing what I should be feeling in the swing is the primary way I learn, and as an added bonus, it should help with flexibility and adding strength in the outer glutes. It's actually much more strenuous on the body that you'd expect.

That said, the price will definitely be an issue for people. No denying that and I think that makes it a tough sell on the individual level unfortunately, even though it probably would help quite a few people. I could see it being an item that a teaching pro would love to have at his/her disposal.

Stay tuned sir. I've been working with it regularly and will continue to update over time.

That's great to hear Hawk, just by looking at it I wouldn't have thought it would be very strenuous on the body. Guess I am wrong. Really looking forward to seeing how this will help you out and seeing what kind of extra distances you get with it.

Let's put it this way, I'm not huffing and puffing, but it takes quite a bit of effort to hold the turn and keep your foot from rotating. Sort of like a long, slow stretch that is uncomfortable to hold.

Let's put it this way, I'm not huffing and puffing, but it takes quite a bit of effort to hold the turn and keep your foot from rotating. Sort of like a long, slow stretch that is uncomfortable to hold.

Hmmm interesting. Have you mention this to your instructor your doing this and if he thinks it will be helpful to you? I would guess doing anything extra for your swing would always be helpful.

Hmmm interesting. Have you mention this to your instructor your doing this and if he thinks it will be helpful to you? I would guess doing anything extra for your swing would always be helpful.

Yea I talked to him for awhile about it last night and he suggested I keep using it since it is designed to work on an issue that I specifically am trying to address in the swing. My bad habit is letting my right knee collapse, which leads to overturn, which leads to a nice slide towards the target. I'm working on keeping flex in the knee and weight on the inside of my foot.

That's even better it is helping with something you already have an issue with..
Yea I talked to him for awhile about it last night and he suggested I keep using it since it is designed to work on an issue that I specifically am trying to address in the swing. My bad habit is letting my left knee collapse, which leads to overturn, which leads to a nice slide towards the target. I'm working on keeping flex in the knee and weight on the inside of my foot.

Meant to say right knee.

Who doesn't want more yardage, a very interesting concept for sure, never thought about training and developing that way.

I like the sound of this product and it is something I think alot of golfers struggle with..... the price tag seems a little steep but I would still ponder this one

Product looks pretty neat to start, but would love to see a video of it in action. Website didn't have one either.

You sure Ward? There's a video out there on youtube. I considered including it, but it is sort of poorly done.

You sure Ward? There's a video out there on youtube. I considered including it, but it is sort of poorly done.

Just found it on YouTube as you mentioned it. Was odd though it wasn't on their website though.

Edit: And now I see why it wasn't. It's not awful, but it does seem a little stiff.

Just found it on YouTube as you mentioned it. Was odd though it wasn't on their website though.

Edit: And now I see why it wasn't. It's not awful, but it does seem a little stiff.

I also felt like my 'look' or whatever on the device wasn't quite so stiff and awkward, but then again I'm much younger than the guy doing it. I didn't really feel comfy letting the world in on my practice routine either haha. Sweatpants aren't made for TV.

I also felt like my 'look' or whatever on the device wasn't quite so stiff and awkward, but then again I'm much younger than the guy doing it. I didn't really feel comfy letting the world in on my practice routine either haha. Sweatpants aren't made for TV.

I think that's why the video comes off so awkward. Guy was probably already nervous on camera, and then you toss him on a moving step plate where he could fall. Poor guy stood no chance. I'm interested to hear how things translate for you after a week or so of using it.

Very interesting trainer right there. I can kind of see where that would work, but sounds kind of scary haha. Probably something I could benefit from by the sounds of it.

Back