THP Technology Roundtable Is Coming

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Something new is coming to THP and we believe any fan of golf and especially golf equipment will enjoy. We call it THP Technology Roundtable and it is designed to blow the doors off of myths and misinformation to help all golfers better understand the tools they are using to succeed at this game and get more enjoyment out of it.

What is it
It is really a two part program in which you will be speaking with an industry expert to get answers to your questions and then discussing those answers in more detail through follow up questions. In a nutshell, anything you will ever want to know about a specific subject, will be addressed in depth.

How Will It Work
Part 1 will be simple. THP will post a topic that will be the headline of the Technology Roundtable and you will submit questions in that thread. They can be incredibly basic to gain general understanding, incredibly complex or somewhere in between. THP will speak with a specific industry expert to get those questions answered for everybody in their own words.

Part 2 is where the fun comes into play. When we post those answers, the industry expert that took the time to answer them, will be part of the discussion with you, live on THP. You will be able to ask for more explanation, more depth, follow up questions from their answers and so much more. No question will be too basic (and we mean that) and no question will be too advanced.

Everybody Involved
The important part of the Roundtable is that it will include everybody. THP is built for every type of golfer and that includes those new to the world of the wonderful equipment out there. No question will ever be too basic (or too advanced) to get answered and what better way to get it answered than from real industry experts that help create the equipment being discussed.

The Topics
Being that we believe this will be an educational series, the topics will not be entirely general like "drivers" or "shafts". Instead they will be a breakdown of those pieces with discussions on CG, MOI, Spin, Balance Point, etc. Instead of reciting buzz words, each THPer that takes part and joins in the round table will be able to discuss them with the education gained straight from the source. And perhaps not only win the knowledge gained, but also some fun prizes for being a part of it.

There will be a lot more about this new series coming very soon so stay tuned. So many great topics already being considered and if there is something you would like to learn more about, feel free to share it in this thread. No topic too basic or too advanced.

Love the idea. I think every THPer wants to be more knowledgeable.

This is going to be a pennant winning Grand Slam! Pushing the envelope of any cyber golf world, which is what we already have here. To say I'm excited is a huge understatement! Great vision!

Glad to see this coming to fruition. Education Is key and it will be good to see some of these misnomers addressed im sure.

Nice. Lets do this!

This sounds like it will be amazingly educational and quite enjoyable. Leave it to THP to bring golfers and industry experts together.

Now this is great idea! I love that the expert will mix it up with the members. There is nothing like learning and learning about clubs is something I want to do more of. I look forward to taking part in this. I really want to know how individual clubs interact with the swing, more importantly individual swings. This should be fun!!

That sounds awesome JB. Specifically getting into the details as I always want to know more about it.

I am so glad to see this idea come to fruition. Being able to learn and debunk myths about certain topics is really going to be cool

What an incredibly fantastic idea. I love learning about equipment and often enter threads for that sole purpose. It will be great to ask questions directly to those that are most knowledgeable. I'm looking forward to this.

This sounds like a really neat idea. Awesome to have an opportunity to get your questions answered by the best in the industry.

This is such a great idea. There's nothing I'm more behind on than technology in this game. Can't wait to start learning more about how the advances have/are being made in golf

Enlightening the internet with factually information straight from people in the industry, great idea! Providing 2 way information to actually discuss it, incredible.

Absolutely an amazing idea. Wow.

Wow, this is extremely awesome. Hopefully this helps to clean up a lot of the unknowns within the industry that seem to be topic of discuss more often than not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The brain is hungry. Let's do this.

Q&A sessions with industry experts! Great!

Now this sounds incredible!

I typically avoid much of these discussions because many of them are people stating their perception as fact.....now we can get facts from the folks that are truly hands on in the industry and are the brains behind why/what we see today.

Very very cool.

I am excited to be educated. I know I'm a bit of a golfing relic and struggle to get my mind out of some pre-conceived notions, but this should really help.

Very cool idea! Hacks of the round table prepare!

As one who likes the technical side of the game this really interests me. Looking forward to get straight answers to the THP questions that will be submitted. After all can't argue with SCIENCE!!

This is a phenomenal idea. Gonna be super cool.

EDUCATING the masses and DESTROYING the myths (and there are a LOT of perpetuated myths out there) sound simply awesome.

Technology Roundtable? Bring it. I'm ready to learn.

I'm a big dummy!
This can only be a good thing to bring my knowledge level up!

Back