The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget that many of you have met the little guy.
Its breaking our hearts.
I think anyone who has met the pups, and that's a LOT of people, love them and hope the best for them. I can tell ya we all know how good a family they have and how lucky they are to have been discovered by you two.

I'm so sorry to hear about Duke...lots of healing and positive energy going out to all of you.

Sorry to hear this about Duke. Positive thoughts and prayers headed his way. The best thing is to always remember the joy he brought.

You've got to be kidding me. Had good weather all week. Today, the day of my last lesson before HHI, and the floodgates open. If my lesson is cancelled today, I am going to scream. Out of town tomorrow, and not sure he can fit me in Friday morning before I leave. This bites.

Still waiting to hear from the vet. I called and they said Duke's results are in, but the vet is in appointments until 11, so we should hear from him after that. The waiting is so hard! I hate feeling so helpless right now. I just keep hoping they come back and say something like he has really bad allergies, or asthma or something and it's an easy fix.

Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words, it means the world to us.

Still waiting to hear from the vet. I called and they said Duke's results are in, but the vet is in appointments until 11, so we should hear from him after that. The waiting is so hard! I hate feeling so helpless right now. I just keep hoping they come back and say something like he has really bad allergies, or asthma or something and it's an easy fix.

Stay strong guys, I'm pulling for your little buddy!!!

Thoughts are with you Morgan!

Hang in there Duke! I love ya litte buddy :in-love:

I missed this yesterday, just lifted a prayer for Duke, Morgan & Josh. I know how close our pets become. I actually met Duke before I met Josh.

On my way home to change my pants. Just got thrown up on. The smell...

Hope Duke will be alright. Thinking of you guys today.

Just heard from the doctor. Mostly good new thanks goodness! His blood work came back great, well almost great, and there were no signs of heart failure, which was my biggest fear. We need to take him back in for an ultrasound to make sure his organs are functioning properly, but for now we have to get him on a blood pressure medicine to help his heart pump a little better, which will hopefully help with the shortness of breath. We also have to switch his food, which isn't a big deal. The big thing is the doctor said he is just starting to age, the sad part is that it's happening very fast, it's like his temperament changed overnight.

But overall, the doctor was optimistic, so that makes us happy too. I will be scheduling the ultrasound and we will go from there.

That's good to hear Morgan. Hoping for good results from the ultrasound.

Glad to hear the doctor was optimisic. Hopefully it's just something medicine can help with for the little guy.

Just heard from the doctor. Mostly good new thanks goodness! His blood work came back great, well almost great, and there were no signs of heart failure, which was my biggest fear. We need to take him back in for an ultrasound to make sure his organs are functioning properly, but for now we have to get him on a blood pressure medicine to help his heart pump a little better, which will hopefully help with the shortness of breath. We also have to switch his food, which isn't a big deal. The big thing is the doctor said he is just starting to age, the sad part is that it's happening very fast, it's like his temperament changed overnight.

But overall, the doctor was optimistic, so that makes us happy too. I will be scheduling the ultrasound and we will go from there.

So glad to hear positive news...Duke is a fighter and will continue to do so

Thank goodness for Duke!
Hopefully the meds do him good, and he returns to the way he used to be!

Great to gear GG! I never understood the emotions, highs and lows, that go with being a dog owner. Now that my little guy is curled up to me sleeping right now, I finally can relate to the feelings. Positive thoughts to you, JB, and the pooch.

I was just about to post in this thread asking if you had heard back yet. I'm really happy to see that you got this good news. Congrats! Our guy is a rescue dog and getting old, too. Last trip to the vet the vet used the word "hospice" - not a word you like to hear. He has a whole bunch of restrictions and struggles with some stuff that used to come easy (walking up the stairs, for example), but months since that vet visit he's still happily plugging along. You've got tons of time with Duke yet :)

Great news on Duke! I had to change food for my last boxer as it turned out he was allergic to some byproduct in it. I found it amazing how much his health and temperament improved after the switch.

Thank you everyone! I let out the biggest exhale when the vet said it's not heart failure, that was our biggest fear. Your thoughts and prayers are beyond appreciated. I just can't imagine my life without my little boy, he is the sweetest dog ever. He's had a rough life, and it's our mission to make sure every minute from the time we got him to make sure the rest of his life is happy and healthy.

Awesome news GG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back