2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

Went to the range this morning for 30 minutes just to hit some chips with the new RXS and the ball spins like the dickens. I will end up playing the regular RX because I love the one hop and stop, but using the RXS, I can spin that thing as much as any ball I have ever tried. Craziness.

I remember during their presentation seeing the spin test numbers on those. I almost didn't believe them.

Went to the range this morning for 30 minutes just to hit some chips with the new RXS and the ball spins like the dickens. I will end up playing the regular RX because I love the one hop and stop, but using the RXS, I can spin that thing as much as any ball I have ever tried. Craziness.

were you playing the RX before JB? Apologize for the skim if you've mentioned it ten times already.

I'm optimistic that Bridgestone continues making changes that improve the line, but love the idea of going away from the B330 to the B330-S at some point. Do you think the spin you experienced with the RXS carries through the lineup at various degrees?

That's how the RXS was for in the '12 version, JB. Fun to mess around with but ultimately a little too much for my game. The RX seems to hit the sweet spot pretty well.

I hit a few of the RXS balls on the foresight and was able to get 12k+ rpms of spin with my 52* it was crazy.

I think the new RX is up there with the best ball I have ever played for a length of time.

I'll have to grab a dozen. You think the RXS will give a little more driver spin too?

I think the new RX is up there with the best ball I have ever played for a length of time.
It's interesting to me, that with all the releases from different companies, some have been hit or miss.. for example; Chrome to Chrome+ was a let down. Penta to TP5 was a let down. Yet, year after year, Bridgestone oneups themselves on their releases.

Best ball out there, imo.

Now I am going to have to try these things. This review thread has been solid. Between my early thoughts with the Project A, the SR line, and the B330 line there are some SOLID balls out so far this year

I'm an E6 guy but would like to graduate to the 330-RX.

From the above, it seems E6 is still slightly straighter, but there is a sense the new 330-RX is straighter than the previous RX?

Correct?

From the above, it seems E6 is still slightly straighter, but there is a sense the new 330-RX is straighter than the previous RX?

Correct?

Being the ball is designed to fly straight, I would think that the e6 is still a better ball for flight correction. The RX is still a premium tour level ball with a urethane cover.

Correct?

Philly,

Have you been to a live B-fit event? If not I'd look on the Bridgestone website for when one will be in your area. Worth it in my opinion.

Being the ball is designed to fly straight, I would think that the e6 is still a better ball for flight correction. The RX is still a premium tour level ball with a urethane cover.

Exactly what I found when I hit them side by side. The e6 was a lot harder for me to shape compared to the RX and RXS models.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I'm going to revisit the RXS, a couple years ago I tested some but they were really strange off the driver, playing with the RX the other day was fun and really made me think about some things.

Philly,

Have you been to a live B-fit event? If not I'd look on the Bridgestone website for when one will be in your area. Worth it in my opinion.

I will second this. I've been to one and it's a great opportunity to do a ball fitting on a LM. Take your gamer and the B-Stone guys will fit you.

I finally got out this past weekend for my first round with my B330-RX golf balls. The course was in pretty bad shape with an almost non-existent fairway, but it was nice to get out. I am usually one of the longer hitters in my group, but I was past each of my playing partners on pretty much every hole a driver was used. That was definitely a surprise, but spin from 150 in was spectacular. It actually messed me up on one hole where I hit a pitching wedge a little too close to a bunker and it spun back in. No question it was a bad shot so I'm not blaming the ball.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the ball. At the start of a round, I will put a sleeve of balls in my pocket and rotate between them on each hole. I lost one in the water on a very poor layup, but the other two lasted the remainder of the round. One did have some scuffing on it, but it was probably from hitting a cart path.

I continue to be very impressed with the new ball. Howzat and War Eagle saw the amount of spin I was putting on the RX on my approach shots and the distance off the tee is in line with what I am used to seeing.

I continue to be very impressed with the new ball. Howzat and War Eagle saw the amount of spin I was putting on the RX on my approach shots and the distance off the tee is in line with what I am used to seeing.

Almost too much spin on the greens for you. It is such a great ball.

That's what I found until I ran out of balls. Loved it off the tee but I just generated too much spin into the greens for how I like to play.

I absolutely love it. This is the best ball for me that they have ever created.

That's crazy, RX's dont spin.

It definitely didnt spin on #10 yesterday when you landed the green and sucked it back 10 feet and off the green. It also didnt spin very much on 18 when you landed the back of the green and sucked it back to birdie range either.

Put this ball in play again this past weekend. Was also testing the Project (a) so was able to do some comparisons there.

Overall, I'm still convinced that this is the best ball I've played for my game so far.

Distance is solid as well as dispersion. I did not have a great day off the tee, and other than a just miserable swing on #8 I was in play all day. Best drive of the day was with a Project (a), but I'd say that this ball is, on average, consistently longer for me. Dispersion was similar between both.

Ran into some stout wind from the #9 green onward. The RX seemed like the better ball to me in the wind. I noticed what looked to be a little less ballooning on shots into the wind than with the Project (a). Not sure if the ball just fits me better or if the dimple in dimple is making the difference there, but something that will definitely draw me back as I'd rather play full shots as often as possible. Guess I'm used to the RX because I had more issues gauging how many clubs to add/subtract with the project (a).

On approach and around the green, the RX continues to shine for me. Other than in the wind though, I would say that the project (a) held it's own quite well. Both seemed to have ample stopping power on full approach shots. I'd have to give the edge to the RX greenside though. Could be that I'm just used to it, but I found myself closer to the hole with it this time out consistently than with the Project (a). Spin is a little more noticeable for me out of the RX. Found myself running the Project (a) farther past the hole.

As far as durability goes, the RX is pretty good for a urethane covered ball. Seemed to be hold up as good, if not better than the e5 that I played for most of last year. I think that the project (a) cover is a touch firmer as I saw even less marking on that ball.

Feel like a broken record, but I'd gladly recommend the RX or any of the B330 series to golfers that fit their swing profiles. I'm going to try and hit a live B-Fit event to see what I'm fit into on the range. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

I need to suck it up and order a dozen RX's already.

Picking up a dozen of these for Lake Charles. I played the RXs for most of last year bc I liked the greenside spin, but if the Rx's will do that and still give me distance off the tee, then I am sold.

I need to suck it up and order a dozen RX's already.

You won't be disappointed.

I'm going to a live B-Fit when they come to a course near me in June, but until then I could happily play the RX with no issues. Jury is out on the Project (a), but unless they blow my socks off, I may have to suck it up myself and make this my gamer, regardless of cost.

Back