The Official Tiger Woods Thread

JMan said something in another thread that I thought was petty wise, something like all OEMs make equipment that works for somebody. In other words, it is all good.

That is a fact.

It actually sounds like he is doubtful for Augusta at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really debating going with him this week. This obviously makes it easier but now I have to figure out who to spend the extra $700k on.

I already had him...now I need to replace him...same problem here.

Bay Hill is always such an awesome event, but I am guessing attendance will dip a bit with Tiger bowing out.

Bummed I wanted to see him play but I'm actually kinda glad he's taking a break. Hopefully be ready for the masters

So, he would have to have Phil's career from this point forward, with a bad back and knees to catch Jack. Not thinking this is going to happen.

Sadly I think Tiger's injuries will cost him his chance at breaking Jack's record. Injuries, age, and pressure will be his downfall. As a comparison Jack broke the record at age 33 and only won six more majors after that. For Tiger to win four to five more majors would be one of the ultimate achievements in sports.

It's hard to compare eras...but I do think Jack played against more high level players...but the fields were not as deep as in Tiger's era. Also, as for the media when Jack broke the record in 1973 (I think) I doubt if it was even on TV.

So, he would have to have Phil's career from this point forward, with a bad back and knees to catch Jack. Not thinking this is going to happen.

And even if he doesn't break Jack's record, most will still consider him one of the bests of all time.

The problem with him not being THE best is that it's very tough to consider the greatness of a player across generations. Tiger will end up with the most all time wins and that will probably be a record that lasts a very long time due to the parity on tour. He will be one of only 3 player to win more than 10 majors. Golf courses were changed because of him. I don't remember Augusta being Phil - proofed unless they took away the ability to call your bookie :alien: .

Regardless if he wins another major or not, Tiger will be considered one of the greatest golfers of all time and probably up there with Jordan as the most influential athlete ever. I believe he's driven to reach that goal, but also believe that he knows he's in the early autumn of his career. And with the injuries, swing changes and so on the reality of not reaching 19 is more of a reality. However, he and Jack are at the same place majors wise at 38 and we've seen two Open champions in the last two years who were over 40.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Will this force him to play somewhere else he is less comfortable for extra tournament prep for the Masters? I hear Texas is nice this time of year!

If he decided to play Houston that would be awesome.

I personally called Arnold today to tell him that, sadly, I won't be able to play in his tournament this year. I would like to express my regrets to the Orlando fans, the volunteers, the tournament staff and the sponsors for having to miss the event. Unfortunately, my back spasms and the pain haven't subsided.

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2014...rnold-palmer-invitational-due-to-back-spasms/
That sucks. I was hoping a bunch of people were going to waste a fantasy pick on him since he always does well there.

And even if he doesn't break Jack's record, most will still consider him one of the bests of all time.

The problem with him not being THE best is that it's very tough to consider the greatness of a player across generations. Tiger will end up with the most all time wins and that will probably be a record that lasts a very long time due to the parity on tour. He will be one of only 3 player to win more than 10 majors. Golf courses were changed because of him. I don't remember Augusta being Phil - proofed unless they took away the ability to call your bookie :alien: .

Regardless if he wins another major or not, Tiger will be considered one of the greatest golfers of all time and probably up there with Jordan as the most influential athlete ever. I believe he's driven to reach that goal, but also believe that he knows he's in the early autumn of his career. And with the injuries, swing changes and so on the reality of not reaching 19 is more of a reality. However, he and Jack are at the same place majors wise at 38 and we've seen two Open champions in the last two years who were over 40.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4
I don't think you will find many who would dispute this, regardless.

Sad to hear this stuff from a great champion like tiger.. I still have faith in him, but I think he is losing steam real fast

Maybe Arnie can give Tigers spot to Daly on a sponsors exemption?

That sucks for Tiger Jack record looks to be safe unless Tiger gets it going quick

If he decided to play Houston that would be awesome.

That would be awesome but he has never played in Houston, I don't think.

That would be awesome but he has never played in Houston, I don't think.

Last time was the Tour Championship that was held at Champions CC before it moved to ATL.

Last time was the Tour Championship that was held at Champions CC before it moved to ATL.

That is right, I guess I should've said he never played the SHO. Hope Tiger gets better in time for the Masters.

I would be stunned if he plays again before the Masters

His statement sounds pretty convincing about the back, I hope he heals properly. it's all just so had to decipher sometimes with him.

Last two weeks on the radio some people were saying he was faking the injury due to a poor start on the Sunday rounds. How odd they aren't calling in this week lol.

Golf Channel@GolfChannel 48s [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Report: Tiger Woods is suffering from bulging disk in his back[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]that is an announcers nightmare[/FONT]

I'm a betting man and I don't think we will see tiger until the players. No Masters for him

I would think you'd see him at Augusta, then shut it down to the Players, then shut it down till the US Open. Maybe even skip the Players.

I'm a betting man and I don't think we will see tiger until the players. No Masters for him
i think he plays or at least starts the Masters, then nothing until the US Open

I would think you'd see him at Augusta, then shut it down to the Players, then shut it down till the US Open. Maybe even skip the Players.

This is what I am feeling. And when he wins in Augusta it will be a "hero" type of story.

Back