The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in non Browns news, the Cowboys found a way to weasel Henry Melton into the city and sign him up. It's a start but a long way to go before our .500 season changes.

#8-8

A lot of rumors flying around that the Patriots are kicking the tires on DeSean Jackson. The Eagles are asking for a 3rd Rounder. One part of me says make the deal, were in win now mode because the window is closing. The other part of me says don't, because Jackson being the diva that he is, it could be ugly.

Of course, the Patriots would have to unload Amendola for it to happen, which his value has sunk, and Jackson would have to re-work his deal, which won't happen, because even though he's paid like a #1 receiver, which he isn't, he still wants more money.

If D-Jax reworked his deal, buried the ego for a season or two, long enough to make a run at a title, I would make the move. I think none of these things happen though.

Well, in non Browns news, the Cowboys found a way to weasel Henry Melton into the city and sign him up. It's a start but a long way to go before our .500 season changes.

#8-8

That signing gets us to 9-7
#sarcasm #weareaverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of rumors flying around that the Patriots are kicking the tires on DeSean Jackson. The Eagles are asking for a 3rd Rounder. One part of me says make the deal, were in win now mode because the window is closing. The other part of me says don't, because Jackson being the diva that he is, it could be ugly.

Of course, the Patriots would have to unload Amendola for it to happen, which his value has sunk, and Jackson would have to re-work his deal, which won't happen, because even though he's paid like a #1 receiver, which he isn't, he still wants more money.

If D-Jax reworked his deal, buried the ego for a season or two, long enough to make a run at a title, I would make the move. I think none of these things happen though.
That would be a steal for a 3rd, and help the Pats a ton!

Devin Hester signs 3 year deal with the Falcons. We havent had a decent return man since Allen Rossum. I think this was a really good signing.

Devin Hester signs 3 year deal with the Falcons. We havent had a decent return man since Allen Rossum. I think this was a really good signing.

I didn't know he was still in the league. Go figure.

After they signed Javier Arenas earlier this week, I assumed the Hester ship had sailed. Not a bad back-up strategy in case they don't manage to improve defensively...you score, you kick it to us, we run it back. :act-up:

After they signed Javier Arenas earlier this week, I assumed the Hester ship had sailed. Not a bad back-up strategy in case they don't manage to improve defensively...you score, you kick it to us, we run it back. :act-up:

I dont understand the signing of both. Either that or one of the two they dont plan to make the team.

I dont understand the signing of both. Either that or one of the two they dont plan to make the team.

I don't either, even at Alabama, Arenas was not on the field much at corner due to his size.

Ugh. I don't like this one.

Hester is old, and he does nothing except for returns, which are also now limited by the rules changes.

Plus, they just signed a guy who can return and play DB. They don't need both.

That's the only conclusion that makes sense.

It makes zero sense to have them both on the roster.

I don't either, even at Alabama, Arenas was not on the field much at corner due to his size.

That was my thought. Perhaps they have plans for Arenas to play when they bring in 6 backs as a roaming back. He has good vision and can make a play for the ball, but that is truly a specialty. I would venture to say it was a quick move because others are interested and one of them gets released before the season begins. My gut says the old man.

Jared Allen officially agrees to multi year deal with seattle....scary how good their defense can be

Jared Allen officially agrees to multi year deal with seattle....scary how good their defense can be

I can't imagine they paid him what he wanted. Good teams can get good players for cheap

That makes a great defense even way better!

Texans signed Ryan Fitzpatrick today, not a big deal but I'm hoping this means they draft Clowney and take a QB next year out of Mariota, Winston, or Hundley and not Johnny Douchebag

Their window is right now and they know it. The salary cap is going to break that team apart very soon.

Tuck to the Raiders wish him all the best. Great Giant!

We'll take anything we can lol hopefully my Raiders can start heading in the right direction

He will be a leader on defense and if you can get some DT support he can be a force getting to the QB. Oh yeah and he can also line up at DT if the neck is healthy.

We just signed CWood earlier today, and I really like the other signings so far. A good draft, and some pick-ups after June 1rst cuts ... and,
could be a fun season and we'll have a solid foundation going into 15 .. Just don't draft Johnny Football .. please ..

We just signed CWood earlier today, and I really like the other signings so far. A good draft, and some pick-ups after June 1rst cuts ... and,
could be a fun season and we'll have a solid foundation going into 15 .. Just don't draft Johnny Football .. please ..

That's a lot of faith in the Raiders' front office. I like Reggie Mckenzie. Hopefully he gets the Raiders back to relevant.

That's a lot of faith in the Raiders' front office. I like Reggie Mckenzie. Hopefully he gets the Raiders back to relevant.
I agree, and he should retire a Raider .. he's still got something left in the tank too. Besides, he can mentor our youngin. :)
If RM can get through this draft, along with signing some UDFA's, (which he's actually been good at) and we can do good after June 1rst cuts,
I won't say that we'd be Super-Bowl bound, but we'd have built something special for the coming season.

I think it's a for-gone conclusion that we won't be world-beaters this season, but I do like the direction that RM is sailing the ship.
I'd wait for Schaub to get cut, and draft AJ in the second, after having grabbed Watkins in the 1rst .. :)

Fitz to the rescue!

Fitz to the rescue!

Hallelujah!!!!! Prayers answered!!!

As long as they don't end up with Bortles, I don't care anymore. I don't think this has too much of an impact on their draft plans, though, since Fitz is obviously not the QB of the future.

Schaub, to the raiders, what a fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back