Product Spotlight – CS2 Putting Aid

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New product previewed by Ryan H and it is featured right here. Let us know your thoughts.

http://bit.ly/1iJJ1vF

Awesome. I was just about to pull the trigger on one of these yesterday. There are a lot of things that I like about it, but not sure if it is really worth the money.

Thanks for the review here Hawk, I do like the design aspect where you are not to have the heel/toe of your putter against the material (I'm always afraid of surface scratches). The fact that it's adjustable to continue challenge yourself is nice also.

Interesting concept, not sure I would use it outside or not. I could see this useful indoors where I could get a ton of reps focusing the stroke. Price point is a little high for me. Great write up Hawk

I reiterate what cookie said about surface scratches.

Thanks Hawk. Interesting aid. Seems pretty versatile and not a bad price for the whole package.

Definitely provides pretty instant feedback on stroke path and face angle at impact. No doubt about that.

Awesome. I was just about to pull the trigger on one of these yesterday. There are a lot of things that I like about it, but not sure if it is really worth the money.

That's the big question imo. You can do some of these things with tees alone, though maybe not indoors. Also lacks the alignment visuals and ease of setting up square. However, I'm just not sure it's a $99 product for me.

Thanks for the review here Hawk, I do like the design aspect where you are not to have the heel/toe of your putter against the material (I'm always afraid of surface scratches). The fact that it's adjustable to continue challenge yourself is nice also.

It actually confused me at first, but I didn't read the instructions right away.

Hmm, I agree that this would be much more useful indoors. Also, even thought it says it can be adjusted for all types of arcs, I have a tough time seeing it be useful for anything other than SBST. Trying to move those things and position them in the actual correct location for the arc of your back stroke just seems awfully cumbersome and potentially inaccurate.

I think it would take some time to dial that in for sure drp. It wasn't really that difficult though.

Nice review Hawk. I like the gate at the end for immediate feedback.

This is something that I may have to look into. If it helps to develop a consistent putting stroke then I'm all for it. It would be a fun tool to work on inside too!

Seems like something I would be interested in. My best friend got a few lessons from Randy Shannon a few years ago and is such a good putter. I can see many of the aspects he teaches in this device which is alot cheaper than a lesson with Randy himself.

Good idea and good review but not a good price IMO. As others have said, you can achieve almost the same thing with tees. When putting indoors I will use two sleeves of balls instead of tees.

I just can't see $99.

Not a bad price point for what seems to be a sound training aid/system. Looks like something that would be great for the winter months inside.

I like it. Not something I consider purchasing, but it sounds like a good device. Like cookie mentioned, I like that you can get it so the putter doesn't rub the sides. I have the same fear as him.

One of the better aids I have seen in along time

Nice write up Mr. Hawk. Not "grounding" your putter against the rail is one aspect I really like. I have always felt that using a guide that you stay in contact with was more of a crutch than a fix. This CS2 seems to be full of versatility which I think is always a good thing in a training aid. The stubborn rail adjustments could prove bothersome if you were frequently disassembling and reassembling it. Definitely something I could see myself trying out though.

best two things I see are the adjustable track and then the template to put the tees in the ground.

Looks like a really good putting training aid. I also like how you can adjust the difficulty to really see the improvements your stroke is making.

Nice review Hawk!

Back