What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am furious. We played an 18 hole shamble followed by 3 of us playing 9 more holes, 9 points per hole (5 for low, 3 for middle and 1 for high score). I had a lead going in to 9, a par 5. I knocked it on from 230 and 3 putted from 20 feet to lose with a par. So stupid.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

73 is awesome JB! Never gets old watching mega putts roll in huh haha. Congrats on the other rounds too fellas

Nice work Zac. I went 46/43 for an 89. Pretty happy with it considering the course and first round of the year with new sticks. Gave away 6 shots easy by just pulling my head. So much fun. Looking forward to an easier track tomorrow.

Awesome rounds JB and Howzat. I've only heard good things about that course.

45/43 88 on the par 73 Seminole Golf Course. Things are starting to click again. I only missed one fairway on the back, and that was a horrible shot, not even close. A few fat shots here and there created a couple blow up holes. I feel good going into my dad's member/guest this coming week. Hopefully I can surprise a few of the old sandbaggers at his club.

43/39 at Cobblestone Golf Course in Blythewood, SC. 3 doubles on the front and a missed 2' putt on the back. Was hitting the ball about as good as I could.

View attachment 13677

Front 9 putting is struggling

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395525827.615964.jpg

Meh I'll take it for 42 and 10-20 mph winds and the course, still struggling with driver and my alignment was way off with driver and fwd today, iron play was pretty dang good today with my ball striking being the best it's been ever.

What happened on 10?

played today.....started really well front 9 - 42 and then I imploded and couldn't hit anything...back nine 53 for 95

Not sure what I am doing...but it's aggivatting

Par 5 12th hole.....perfect drive....layup to 90 yards dead in the middle of the fairway, blade my approach into a deep bunker....hit bunker shot over the green into the other bunker....chunk bunker shot 30 feet short of pin and 3 putt for an 8.........ARRRRRGH

Heck of a round at a tough course JB. Well done

What happened on 10?

Huge push drive from the tee then tried to go over the woods and crick with a high draw and hit a high straight shot that landed in the crick after carrying the woods.

18 was a pushed hybo to layup short of the crick, topped 3wd, bladed 3wd, bladed/topped 4i from a severe ball above feet lie then repeated shot with a 6i to a 9i right of the green chip on 2putt

Well today's round was an eye opener, and unfortunately not in a good way. First round of the year, I went out with golf4life and played a round of match play. Ended up shooting a 47/56 103, as I completely blew up on the back nine. I gave away way too many strokes, mostly due to two factors: My tee ball and my inconsistent wedge play. A push/slice off the tee killed me multiple times when I needed to find the short grass, and my short game was just below average today.

This being said, our match went on for longer than I expected, Bret closing me out on the 16th hole 3&2. It was a back-and-forth match, but I never got a lead on Bret, who was smoking his long irons and hybrids. He went 3UP on me on 5, 7, and 12, but I was able to battle and scramble my way back to 1UP until 15 and 16.

There is one good thing about my game that I took away from this round: my putting. I had one three-putt the entire round, and (Bret can correct me if I'm wrong) I seemed not to miss a putt inside 8 feet. I had a total of 33 putts on the day. I suppose my winter putting has somewhat paid off, and that Smart Square is an incredible tool.

37 for me this afternoon. two lipped birdie putts and a putt that sat on the front doorstep without rolling in kept me from my first even par nine of the year, but no worries.

Good things.

Put up a 79 on the normal par 70 track today. On the plus side, I made par for the 1st time on the 15th. Its one of those holes that you have to hit about 190 off the tee & then 210 into the green. Brutal.

The best thing about today was that I played with a new driver shaft with no range time & still hit a ton of fairways.

Nice Tom! Stupid 15th.

Played today for the first time with the new to me Cobra Amp Cell's. Just wanted to work on distance control since my last set was purchased 18 years ago. Yea for technology. Anyway, took the sticks to an executive 18, par 63 and shot 74 with 2 birdies. Pretty happy with that. Only the 5th round I've played in the last 12 months.

Heck of a round at a tough course JB. Well done

Thanks dude and thanks to everybody else. It was one of those rounds and the short game was just working. I would have loved to see what I would have shot with todays game at a course that was not as difficult as Waterlefe. I have a feeling it could have been quite low.

Par was 54

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

43 for 9 holes. Only 3 Fwys hit, only 2 GIR hit. Birdied the first hole, par on the 2nd then down hill from there. Not a good ball striking round.

Putting was good though, and I played with my son (home on spring break) and daughter. Good family time regardless of score.

43 for 9 holes. Only 3 Fwys hit, only 2 GIR hit. Birdied the first hole, par on the 2nd then down hill from there. Not a good ball striking round.

Putting was good though, and I played with my son (home on spring break) and daughter. Good family time regardless of score.

I was the opposite today. Good ball striking and bad short game. I did shoot 39 on holes 19-27, but the other 18 felt like a series of 3 putts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

88 at Point Roberts Golf & Country in washington. Hadn't played there before and it was a nice course. Was a fairway finder all day and had some great shots. Putting was the downfall. I definitely left 5 makeable birdie putts long/short.

Got out for a super quick 18 by myself (just over 2 hours) after work. Only 4 of 13 fairways hit, 6 GIR, and 41 putts. Somehow I managed an 88, but it felt like I did much, much worse. I was battling a slice the whole time, which I figured out once I got to hole 15. By that time, the damage was done.

Got in another practice round myself today for next weekends Lake Charles event at Eagle Pointe over here, closest thing I have to a home course. Warmed up horrible, very inconsistent, get to #1 stripe the fairway then proceed to put my second right in the ditch for a nice 7 to start the day, felt tight, felt like I might have played too much this week if that's possible. Struggled thru 7, was +8 thru 7, hit a solid tee shot on the par 3 8th and birdied 9 so shot 43 front with 2 doubles off water balls, then turned the back in 40 with one double where as usual took me 2 to even get out of the sand. 7 fairways, 10 greens and 34 putts. So 83 with 3 doubles and only 1 birdie. Ugh.

What did you shoot today?

The weather was perfect here today, so me and a buddy played 45 today. Yes, 45. I'm so glad spring is back.

The first 18 was pretty good. I shot 43/41 - 84, which is really good on this track for me. Here's that scorecard:

CPFwDT0.png

So we started over on the back 9 and I had 8 straight pars going to the 18th... and I bogeyed. My best ever 9 holes, a 37. Shot a 41 on the front 9 for a 78, which ties my personal best. I'm really excited about how my game is trending right now. Confidence is high going into the Lake Charles Invitational. Hope my game travels. Here's that scorecard:

oeQmv2E.png

We decided to play 9 more and I shot a 43. Today was a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Awesome playing Josh! Congrats on the PB

Well done Josh! Proud of ya ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back