The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I can't read your scratch, Son.

Dig still applies notwithstanding.

Just for that I'm going to show you what it's like to get beat by Cookie. He's a giantkiller in the MC.

Spoiler Failure.

#dammit

Lawyer will be a mess in the MC....he thought Josh was trying to rush him at the Gauntlet...Haha - he ain't seen NOTHING yet.

#turtlekiller

There will be no switching partners at the turn. You guys play slow enough in this thing. :D

It will very much be about the team and there will be no carrying any partner. It will create captains to set their matchups accordingly and create partnerships to be forged.

A shamble but a certain amount of the scores have to be taken by each player by a certain hole!

Spoiler Failure.

#dammit

Lawyer will be a mess in the MC....he thought Josh was trying to rush him at the Gauntlet...Haha - he ain't seen NOTHING yet.

#turtlekiller

Yes, there will be marshals on site (the two best ladies for the job) and they will be adamant about pace of play. So much so, that if you are put on the clock, the next time, you will be asked to pick up your ball and move to the next hole as you just forfeited that hole.

Spoiler Failure.

#dammit

#turtlekiller

#CAN'TWAIT

Team in formats tells me a couple things and both excite me. I like the evolution that matches have taken over the years. Scrambles are fun, but there are better formats for something like this.

There will be no switching partners at the turn. You guys play slow enough in this thing. :D

It will very much be about the team and there will be no carrying any partner. It will create captains to set their matchups accordingly and create partnerships to be forged.

My brain just broke trying to think what this could mean. I don't know a ton of formats but I'm guessing I'll need to learn a new one for this. Knowing the guys on my team, I look forward to a set of team formats.

Team in formats tells me a couple things and both excite me. I like the evolution that matches have taken over the years. Scrambles are fun, but there are better formats for something like this.

And faster. Too much worrying about this ball vs that. Just go hit it, it doesn't require a law deg... Oh.

Glad about the pace of play solution. I'm hoping the format change makes that not even an issue.

Yes, there will be marshals on site (the two best ladies for the job) and they will be adamant about pace of play. So much so, that if you are put on the clock, the next time, you will be asked to pick up your ball and move to the next hole as you just forfeited that hole.

What are these guys going to do when they can't read a putt from all 4 sides not to mention that the plumb bobbing time now has to be accelerated!

Nice! I like it.

#CAN'TWAIT

#NOAPOSTROPHIESINHASHTAGS

:clapp:

Do they make an ATL version of this shirt that spectators can wear??
utupuve4.jpg

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Agreed, should lead to the best "team" having the most points by the end of Saturday

What are these guys going to do when they can't read a putt from all 4 sides not to mention that the plumb bobbing time now has to be accelerated!

Thats a good question. Perhaps a Vine like shot clock. You have 6 seconds...I kid I kid. But the above is the truth. People will be tasked with playing on pace or suffer the consequences, and we are telling everybody now, so that if (when) it comes, and a point is lost, nobody loses their mind.

Speed up the pre-shot routine and green reading fellas.

My brain just broke trying to think what this could mean. I don't know a ton of formats but I'm guessing I'll need to learn a new one for this. Knowing the guys on my team, I look forward to a set of team formats.

As long as I don't have to do anything out of the ordinary immediately before after my shot I'll be ok. Now if I have to eat a pound of bacon after each prime numbered hole then I might have an issue. I think as long as there's an AED on-site I'm good with that though.

As long as I don't have to do anything out of the ordinary immediately before after my shot I'll be ok. Now if I have to eat a pound of bacon after each prime numbered hole then I might have an issue. I think as long as there's an AED on-site I'm good with that though.

To be fair, there are only 7 prime numbers in 18 holes.

Yeah, but that 2,3,5,7 stretch could be deadly.

Oh...I was well aware of how many holes that was. But no matter how you put it, that's 7lbs of bacon in 4 hours. I challenge anyone in the Morgan Cup to eat 7lbs of bacon in the morning round and then try to play in the afternoon.

Oh...I was well aware of how many holes that was. But no matter how you put it, that's 7lbs of bacon in 4 hours. I challenge anyone in the Morgan Cup to eat 7lbs of bacon in the morning round and then try to play in the afternoon.

Who doesn't love the meat sweats on a humid July afternoon?

It could be worse.... We could have to eat each of the food groups featured in the upcoming headcover series.
#WarmSushi

Do they make an ATL version of this shirt that spectators can wear??
utupuve4.jpg

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I seem to remember being at least a hole ahead of the groups behind me at my last two events (Grandaddy, HHI). But, this fiction of me being Kevin Na slow can continue.

I seem to remember being at least a hole ahead of the groups behind me at my last two events (Grandaddy, HHI). But, this fiction of me being Kevin Na slow can continue.

I agree... You are well ahead of Kevin Na pace

It could be worse.... We could have to eat each of the food groups featured in the upcoming headcover series.
#WarmSushi

Don't give JB and GG any ideas. I'm not sure if their insurance covers mass murder by food poisoning, though. So we might be safe.

I was told there would be no math.

Captain -- I was told there would be no math?

This is turning into Fear Factor Morgan Cup w/ these last few posts.

Back