The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I seem to remember being at least a hole ahead of the groups behind me at my last two events (Grandaddy, HHI). But, this fiction of me being Kevin Na slow can continue.

Was this the reason you were switched to Team Callaway? Hashtag Chad saw something he could work with in your similar approach to the game?

Thats a good question. Perhaps a Vine like shot clock. You have 6 seconds...I kid I kid. But the above is the truth. People will be tasked with playing on pace or suffer the consequences, and we are telling everybody now, so that if (when) it comes, and a point is lost, nobody loses their mind.

Speed up the pre-shot routine and green reading fellas.
For those worried about their pace now, try and practice that way, or even play that way in your practice and real rounds, make a deliberate effort to do so and I guarantee you'll be an improvement in speed.

I know there are some that say if they speed up their scores will suffer, but I have shot some of my lowest scores in the quickest amount of time.

Practice makes perfect!!!

Yes, there will be marshals on site (the two best ladies for the job) and they will be adamant about pace of play. So much so, that if you are put on the clock, the next time, you will be asked to pick up your ball and move to the next hole as you just forfeited that hole.

I think this is an awesome idea...and is a great thing.

I've been playing TW 14 on the Xbox with my 2 days old daughter sleeping on my chest, thinking about the Morgan Cup. Life couldn't be better now, in July life will be awesome!

Should I call JB in 10 minutes and let him know it's officially tomorrow and he can post the Saturday AM formats?

Should I call JB in 10 minutes and let him know it's officially tomorrow and he can post the Saturday AM formats?

I think you should.

Can't sleep either? I just read about 150 pgs of posts in this thread!

#MorganCupOnMyMind

Castor you awake and feel like chatting?

Can't sleep either? I just read about 150 pgs of posts in this thread!

#MorganCupOnMyMind

Castor you awake and feel like chatting?

Just got home from cavs game, catching up on some threads and obviously had to stop in here after today's thread explosion.

Just got caught up with this thread from the past day or two. So much excitement!! 16 weeks is such a short period of time to keep working hard and improving all aspects of my game!

I just want to take a second to say, I know that my post count isn't what it needs to be and it's less than it was last month, but I can assure you that certaintly doesn't mean I'm not working hard on top of actually working hard at my two jobs. Some days, weeks, months will be better than others for me, but I can guarantee I will ALWAYS complete what is required of me. Just because I drop in post count from one month to the next does NOT mean I'm taking this journey any less than what I have envisioned for myself the day I found out I was selected. I am everything THP, my father asked me this a few weeks ago, "are you addicted?" I absolutely am. I am also addicted to everything Morgan Cup. I practice some facet of my game every single day simply because I am in the event, would I be practicing daily without the motivation or drive to be the best I can be exactly for the Morgan Cup? Absolutely not. I am on THP every single day, just because I am not posting through out the day, that doesn't mean I'm not lurking and taking every thing or having a less of a journey than someone who does have access to post throughout the day. I know this posts looks as if I've taken the posts over the last couple days personal, but I haven't. I do not mean in anyway to ruffle any feathers if this post does, I just wanted to take a second and post my point of view. I am all in for this event and like I said earlier in the post I can guarantee that all requirements for me will be made and I will be the best golfer I can be come the end of July.

I know I miss a lot of fun on THP during the week when I probably could post more. But generally right now it's because I'm at the golf course or on the range. I think I would rather play golf than talk about it. I can say that I did get caught up and was motivated, excited, challenged, and, frankly, a bit perplexed, by some of the things that were said today. Occasionally all from the same post!

I do want to say thank you to the THP community, and to my fellow 2014 #THPMC participants, for joining me, and us, on this one of a kind journey to a one of a kind event! I hope that doesn't come across as a platitude; I genuinely mean it. It's a bit hard to define some of the feelings I've had as we get down to 4 months from the Morgan Cup. I've improved in a lot of the ways I said I was going to, and regressed in some others. Some swing improvements are just proving hard to implement. My handicap is not going down as quickly as I hoped (though it descends!) and sometimes the gap between what I plan to have happen on a given hole and what actually happens is entirely too big. I know my desire to improve leads to tension and that tension leads to poor shots and those poor shots leads to embarrassment. I know occasionally this has kept me from being as forthcoming as I can be and should be. The brutal honesty I know I need in the next 4 months, for the sake of my team and my sponsor, is going to hurt...a lot. It's one thing to write a bunch of doubles on a scorecard; I did today! It's another to say it's because right now I can't hit an iron shot to save my life, and that by now it's because I'm just a pile of nerves and swing thoughts.

A question has dogged me since Thanksgiving: Am I gonna get there? Not to an 18 handicap. I know I can play very conservative golf and basically use 7 iron and shorter clubs and make an 18 index. That's a total cop out. So am I gonna get there? Am I gonna show up as good as I can be? Golf's a funny thing; you know a lot more about what's going to go into your game before you tee it up. It's very introspective that way. Now we're on this forum to often express that introspection. I'm using that to justify this rambling and flow of consciousness post. These are the things that I think about between shots, like it or not.

So...am I gonna get there? I dunno. If I knew that, this journey would be boring, wouldn't it? Am I going to give it everything I've got to get there? Absolutely. This event has shaped everything I've done and will do in 2014. I'd be cheating myself if I didn't give it 100%. More importantly, I'd be cheating the THP community if I didn't.

I know I miss a lot of fun on THP during the week when I probably could post more. But generally right now it's because I'm at the golf course or on the range. I think I would rather play golf than talk about it. I can say that I did get caught up and was motivated, excited, challenged, and, frankly, a bit perplexed, by some of the things that were said today. Occasionally all from the same post!

I do want to say thank you to the THP community, and to my fellow 2014 #THPMC participants, for joining me, and us, on this one of a kind journey to a one of a kind event! I hope that doesn't come across as a platitude; I genuinely mean it. It's a bit hard to define some of the feelings I've had as we get down to 4 months from the Morgan Cup. I've improved in a lot of the ways I said I was going to, and regressed in some others. Some swing improvements are just proving hard to implement. My handicap is not going down as quickly as I hoped (though it descends!) and sometimes the gap between what I plan to have happen on a given hole and what actually happens is entirely too big. I know my desire to improve leads to tension and that tension leads to poor shots and those poor shots leads to embarrassment. I know occasionally this has kept me from being as forthcoming as I can be and should be. The brutal honesty I know I need in the next 4 months, for the sake of my team and my sponsor, is going to hurt...a lot. It's one thing to write a bunch of doubles on a scorecard; I did today! It's another to say it's because right now I can't hit an iron shot to save my life, and that by now it's because I'm just a pile of nerves and swing thoughts.

A question has dogged me since Thanksgiving: Am I gonna get there? Not to an 18 handicap. I know I can play very conservative golf and basically use 7 iron and shorter clubs and make an 18 index. That's a total cop out. So am I gonna get there? Am I gonna show up as good as I can be? Golf's a funny thing; you know a lot more about what's going to go into your game before you tee it up. It's very introspective that way. Now we're on this forum to often express that introspection. I'm using that to justify this rambling and flow of consciousness post. These are the things that I think about between shots, like it or not.

So...am I gonna get there? I dunno. If I knew that, this journey would be boring, wouldn't it? Am I going to give it everything I've got to get there? Absolutely. This event has shaped everything I've done and will do in 2014. I'd be cheating myself if I didn't give it 100%. More importantly, I'd be cheating the THP community if I didn't.

Awesome post buddy. Keep grinding out and things will fall into place. The hard work you're putting in now will definitely pay off. Just because this month is going slower than you expected doesn't mean next month won't be accelerated in what you expected. It sounds like you're putting everything you have into being the best you can be in July. You have 39 other participants and the whole community pulling for you to do so buddy. So when You're out there struggling just think to yourself of how many people are pulling for you to execute the great shot you're envisioning! We all want to be the best we can to put out the best golf we can period, for the Ultimate Golf Event Period!

Good morning MC brothers.... We find out another format today.

Make the most of the day and think what you can do to be better than you were yesterday

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Morning? It's almost bedtime. #DatNightShiftLife 9 hours away from another trip to the course.

Exciting morning ahead, looking forward to the format announcement!

#byebyecoattails

The formats for round 1 will be very much about the "team"...

Boy oh boy! Happy Thursday. It's gonna be a good day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Announcement

Saturday Morning Format.
1st Round of the Morgan Cup

Front 9 - Shamble
Both players tee off and then pick the best drive. Each player plays the remainder of the hole from that spot until the ball is holed. The combination of both scores will be the team's score on each hole.

Back 9 - Modified Pinehurst
In Modified Pinehurst, both team members tee off. They select the one best drive, then play alternate shot into the cup. The golfer whose drive was not chosen hits the second shot.

Good luck gentlemen...

Announcement

Saturday Morning Format.

Front 9 - Shamble
Both players tee off and then pick the best drive. Each player plays the remainder of the hole from that spot until the ball is holed. The combination of both scores will be the team's score on each hole.

In Modified Pinehurst, both team members tee off. They select the one best drive, then play alternate shot into the cup. The golfer whose drive was not chosen hits the second shot.

Good luck gentlemen...

Sounds like a blast and the ultimate definition of teamwork! Happy Wednesday Morning

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Oh that's going to be a fun Saturday! Love the team formats in the MC

Using Tapatalk

Announcement

Saturday Morning Format.

Front 9 - Shamble

Good luck gentlemen...

Shamble was top on my list. Pine hurst jumped in my head after Grandaddy but formats lately put that to rest. Very happy to see it's back

Announcement

Saturday Morning Format.

Front 9 - Shamble

Good luck gentlemen...

Well hello there....something totally new for me. Exciting

That's awesome right there! I've never played that format but I really like the sounds of it. Very very interesting indeed!

Announcement

Saturday Morning Format.

Front 9 - Shamble

Good luck gentlemen...

Sounds like an absolute blast. Team work and chemistry will be huge IMO. This is going to be a lot of fun.

I skimmed looking past the known shamble but just went back and read the details. Shamble with cumulative score....nice!! That's a nice twist I didn't see coming. Love it, love it!

Talk about a TEAM effort!

Both formats ARE FUN! It's going to be crazy.

I love the formats. Never played either one, but cant wait. Scrambles are fun and all, bit this will truly test the teams.

Back