What is your Magnolia Lane

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Which course just gets those juices flowing for you? When you know you're going to play you just get amped.

With the Master two weeks away, a few tour guys will be favorites because it's just a course that gets the best out of them. Which course is this for you?

For me it's TPC River Highlands. I'm able to play it throughout the year. I volunteer at the Travelers Championship every year. I just love that place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For me it is Eglin Golf Course in Niceville, FL. It was my home course in high school and where I really learned the game. Very challenging layout and one of the few places in Florida that has a lot of hilly terrain. Got to play there a couple of times a year when I would go visit my parents up until they moved from there about 2 years ago. There was always just a feeling of excitement and confidence when I was fortunate enough to go back there to play. My trips back there will likely be cut down to once a year now that they are no longer there but I will always make it a point to return to my routes and a course I truly love yearly.

Caladonia.

Love that drive in....pretty special.

What is your Magnolia Lane

Pro course? Torrey Pines local course that I can play? Pinehills Jones course, love it and I get real pumped when I play down there.

Edit: I also really get pumped when I've played TPC Louisiana

Using Tapatalk

Caladonia.

Yep. That feeling you get when you drive through the trees and the course leading up to the clubhouse is pretty special.

Pinehurst also has that feeling for me. I haven't been there many times, but driving around the town just gives me the feeling that it is going to be a special time.

Probably Sequoyah National, there's something about that place that moves me.

Probably Northview Golf and Country Club. I play there often and usually I play well, and I just love the 2 courses there.

Olympic Club. It just gets me rocking

Caledonia is a great one.
Grand Cypress drive in is spectacular too.
On a local level, University Park is magnificent.
Aviara in Carlsbad has a wonderful entrance.

There are so many that pay attention to the little things that make your eyes light up. Its awesome.

Northumberland Links

Beautiful drive from my girlfriends parents cottage to the course along the Northumberland strait along the water.

I have yet to play many course in Cape Breton, but the drive along there is just breath taking.

For me it has to be Colorado National! I don't know if it's because it was my home course in college but every time I start down the drive my blood gets going and I get amped to play. Guess all those matches to earn my spot in college doesn't go away.

Grand Cypress is a good one...for me it's probably any of the courses on the RTJ Trail in Alabama. The signs just tell me I'm going to have a good time, and probably date back to high school when they were the first higher end courses I got to play.

Caladonia.

This is it for me. It means the MC is here and it is a great way to start a practice round. Then it means round one is in the books and it is time to start fresh and battle it out in round two.

Of the courses that I can, and do, play often, Caledonia Golf and Fish Club is my favorite. I love the course, and the entrance is awesome. I had the privilege of experiencing Magnolia Lane once, but, honestly was is in a semi state of shock for the two days I was there.

Canton Golf Club in Canton, GA.... To many it wouldn't seem special as it is a 9'hole course with alternate tees but when you dive into the history you cannot help but get pumped. The great Bobby Jones designed and built the course as a place to play and practice later on in his life. It has the feel of a small Augusta with the shape of the greens, azaleas and the design. For me as I am walking in the same place as one of the all time greats and see his pictures in the clubhouse I cannot help but get pumped.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Ooooh good question.

The drive into TPC Deere Run is a really good one, but I never get that feeling there. The one that makes you a little giddy.
There's a local course here called Glynn's Creek that drives in on the edge of the first four or five holes and I always get excited to see that.
Grand Cypress and Caledonia are both very cool as well.

It used to be Briarwood in Ankeny, Iowa. We started playing it when it was brand new and many years before it went private (it was supposed to be private from the beginning, but they couldn't sell enough houses around it). Nothing to do with the drive into it though, as it is just a parking lot off the boring road!

The one trip I took to Caledonia was awesome, but it's the only time I have ever been there.

Right now it is probably Stone Canyon in Kansas City (Greg Norman course). We've only played there once, but we should be able to get out there much more often.

The drive in to Hideaway is pretty cool. Along the first hole to the Clive. But I may of been caught up in the moment

I haven't experienced many at all, so, the entrance to The Hideaway will always be my Magnolia Lane.

It used to be the CC where I worked during summers- Washtenaw Country Club in Michigan. Not much of a drive up to the course, but on Mondays, I was always amped to take money from the caddies and bag room guys! The shoe-shine used to call me the "Riverboat Gambler". I was ALWAYS excited to play there!!!

Last, Michigan State's home course, Forest Acres. Great, beautiful course. I would always be playing there with my Dad, so it was always such a special place.

The drive into Championsgate in late April will be my "Magnolia Lane". Definitely will be driving in for what will be a "major" for this amateur golfer!

There are a few that pop up for me.

Coeur D'Alene Resort: It's not a drive, but rather a boat ride from the hotel to the course. Gorgeous country up there and taking in all that awesome scenery before the round is in a class of its own.

Yale: The drive winds next to the driving range, down across the Tenth, then the Eighteenth green, then the putting and short game practice areas. It's a great drive in and gets you excited to play a special course.

Bulle Rock: A dramatic drive that's at least a quarter of a mile with a lot of the course in sight as the clubhouse looms directly ahead of you.

And locally, Jeffersonville. You see the Seventeenth, Eighteenth green, Eleventh tee and First fairway. Taking all of that in before getting my clubs out of the car always gets me fired up.

I have not had the chance to play what I would call truly iconic courses where the experience begins at the gates. I've played some nice courses, but I guess I've never thought about it until now.

I get giddy anytime I get to play, but if I had to pick one it would be the Ocean Course in Cabo. Driving in and seeing the course was special. It was my honeymoon and my wife was going to ride in the cart as I played 18.

TPC Sawgrass for me, such a special place.

Championsgate drive is long and will be inspiring for many. It has specail place in my heart.

Here is a video I shot last year driving in to Caledonia.

Back