THP TV - Bridgestone True Balance Putters

That was one of the pieces I tested while I was there. I tried to decelerate and couldn't do it, nice contact on the ball.
That's a great thing to have in a putter, I'm really curious to see how these all work for you all on the course.

Recently, Josh from Bridgestone gave me a local club that would have these. They let me know today that the putters were in. I plan to take my current gamer over and do some side by side testing and will post the results here.

Anyone else get their hands on these today. I will be in FL next week and plan to get to a PGA Superstore while there if I don't make it to do the comparison here before I leave.

JM

Going back tomorrow to roll some putts. These guys are going to think Im weird.

Grip looks better than the prototype did last year....obviously

Can't wait to roll these

Grip is comparable to the SuperStroke 2.0 IMO. Really fit well in my putting grip.

Still a toss up which route I decide to go, if we have the chance, from the blade or mallet.

Can't wait to roll these

Me either Freddie. The store Josh told me would have them doesn't have them yet. With the feedback about how different they are, I'm debating buying one now just so I have a few months to get used to it instead of a few hours.

I'm gonna run by Ventura CC and puck one up

That was one of the pieces I tested while I was there. I tried to decelerate and couldn't do it, nice contact on the ball.

This has me REALLY intrigued. I'm looking forward to see how it feels.

This has me REALLY intrigued. I'm looking forward to see how it feels.

It truly is a different feel. Normally you can feel the weight in a normal putter, but not with these. I think that keeps the putter moving forward.

It truly is a different feel. Normally you can feel the weight in a normal putter, but not with these. I think that keeps the putter moving forward.

Certainly makes sense. Did you have the same kind of feel as Kang as in the swing weight was lighter than expected?

I will say in hand it feels similar to me. It's foam like and extremely light weight.

I will say in hand it feels similar to me. It's foam like and extremely light weight.

Is it something you would like to have on a putter?

I know it's that way for a purpose, but just curious of feel in hand might be off putting?

Its actually not bad at all.

Yeah I figured it would end up being very similar. The brighter yellow looks better than the 1 in MB that was the more of a dull faded yellow.

Is it something you would like to have on a putter?

I know it's that way for a purpose, but just curious of feel in hand might be off putting?
I wonder the same thing War. The combo of the glass shaft, the lite weight and such makes me wonder if the feel will be, well, I don't know.....hollow? Clicky? Off-putting is a pretty accurate term. It's funny how the mind plays tricks on us and can foster pre conceived notions. I simply can't wait to get this in my hands though and am also considering picking one up once I find the best one for me.

JM

I wonder the same thing War. The combo of the glass shaft, the lite weight and such makes me wonder if the feel will be, well, I don't know.....hollow? Clicky? Off-putting is a pretty accurate term. It's funny how the mind plays tricks on us and can foster pre conceived notions. I simply can't wait to get this in my hands though and am also considering picking one up once I find the best one for me.

JM

I think they will shock you. I really do.

Rolled these yesterday, shocked at the ease of dropping them or just getting close. Can tell when your off the center insert, but still pretty accurate on those mishits.

The longer putts were sick at how easy it was to get it close, dropped a few as well. The grip feels odd, but could get used to it. A bit bigger than my 2.0, but not by much. I think a lot of people will do well with them if they can get over the different feeling of a putter they've used before. Not as easy to set up without the RST, but will be rolling them again.

I think they will shock you. I really do.

Agree, and my mind is fully open to this concept. I used to work in another hobby with a lot of lite weight materials like glass and carbon fiber. Those thoughts are just a natural extension of my previous experiences. Everything this putter is about stands to help my putting and I am anxious for the opportunity to let it! :act-up:

JM

Rolled these yesterday, shocked at the ease of dropping them or just getting close. Can tell when your off the center insert, but still pretty accurate on those mishits.

The longer putts were sick at how easy it was to get it close, dropped a few as well. The grip feels odd, but could get used to it. A bit bigger than my 2.0, but not by much. I think a lot of people will do well with them if they can get over the different feeling of a putter they've used before. Not as easy to set up without the RST, but will be rolling them again.

Doug, when we spoke with Bridgestone, they mentioned that there would be two different sizes of the Yellow grip. Do you happen to know if the one you rolled was the larger or smaller of the two?

JM

That's good info, I like the immediate confidence you gained with it. I wonder how well they'll work if you put a smaller grip on it? is the grip part of the performance and feel?

I just saw this today for the first time in real-life. Two things I noticed: it would not balance on the floor of the golf shop... It was sitting on a railing by the putting area and I put it on the floor, trying to make it stand on it's own. It couldn't do it. Secondly, I "flicked" the shaft to see what it was made of and it felt and sounded like plastic. Hollow/plasticky sound. It felt like a slightly thicker "pixie stick" plastic straw.

That's good info, I like the immediate confidence you gained with it. I wonder how well they'll work if you put a smaller grip on it? is the grip part of the performance and feel?
The way I understood on the call, was that it would change the MOI or focusing of the weight as close to the head as possible.

They referred to this as Counter-Counter Balancing and by nixing the light weight grip and using a more traditional grip it was introducing more weight higher up and changing it. Obviously, they have traditional grips on the steel shafted double bend putters, so I guess it's not totally out of the question.

JM

Thanks Johnny that's kind of what I figured.

Back