Golf at Lane Creek - Georgia

Gray I'll be getting up your way soon so I can check out this track. Have fun today boys.

I'll be heading that way in about an hour or so. I've got to plug the address into my GPS so I don't get lost.

#ImStillWithHarry

I'll be heading that way in about an hour or so. I've got to plug the address into my GPS so I don't get lost.

#ImStillWithHarry

You'll know ya close by when you smell the chicken farm. :D

Gray I'll be getting up your way soon so I can check out this track. Have fun today boys.

Looking forward to it buddy! :blob: :golf2:

The weather is going to be great today with breezy afternoon temps in the low 80's! Looking forward to my buddies Atlgolfer, flog2424, & vman heading to my home track today for some fun in the sun. :golf2:
What an awesome group, y'all are in for a treat. Have fun guys.

I plan to make it up for that round too.

This is going to be a fun round of golf! The 18th is on the Friday before I head to Orlando so it will be good prep!

This is going to be a fun round of golf! The 18th is on the Friday before I head to Orlando so it will be good prep!

South georgia boys get you prepped for the king!

I want to thank Atlgolfer, flog2424, & Vman for coming to Lane Creek today. :thumb: We had a good time and the weather was sooooo nice! :clapp: The greens are tough to say the least and my buddies that came out today will attest they are a challenge. I don't know what AtlGolfer & flog2424 shot today but I do know that Vman shot an 83 on a pretty stout golf course. The dude is READY for the Morgan Cup right now and I am proud of Ken. He beat me five holes out of 18. Now we did have a flog2424 & Ole Gray vs Atlgolfer & Vman match that came down to the very last hole. Guess who won the Morgan Cup on hole #18. I'll keep ya in suspense and let the boys tell ya. :D Really close match for the teams all day long!

Let me tell ya something. My buddy Ken is more than ready for the MC! Somebody is gonna get their arse whupped if they take this man for granted. We played from the blue tees today and I was really impressed with him off the tees. He's got some game so look out MC'ers!!!

Thank you all for coming down to play Lane Creek and I hope you had a good time and will come back soon!

I do want to add that Atlgolfer & flog2424 are some arwsome ball strikers and it was fun to watch them work there way around the golf course today! These dudes can flat out golf their balls. :blob:

Last edited:
Sounds like a great time guys! Nice round Vman!

It was fun to play. Lane Creek's greens are challenging, and the winds were gusty. Still, I'd tee it up with you guys any day, any where.

I hate to think about what I shot. I'm pretty certain I broke 90, not so sure I was under 85. Took a few holes to warm up, and then I just continued to kick the ball around the greens.

Very fun match as well. I suspect one day Kyle and I will play against each other when were not bringing our C games to the course.

I also think that Ken and I learned that we can do some shake-n-bake action together in team formats. Although I suspect he'll be begging Wardy not to have me as a partner after seeing me around the greens today. Brutal.

I also think that Ken and I learned that we can do some shake-n-bake action together in team formats. Although I suspect he'll be begging Wardy not to have me as a partner after seeing me around the greens today. Brutal.

We all have our bad days. I'm sure Ken had a few bad shots and ended up on the left or right side of the fairway instead of in the center of it right? Learn from it, improve on it, do better next time.

We definitely had a blast today fellas. ATL, you did indeed break 90 so you have that going for you. My round ended up being right on the 80 number. I agree with OG and ATL that wind combined with those tricky greens and that was one tough golf course. Cannot wait to get back out there when it greens up and I know my way around a bit better

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I'm glad you guys had a good time today. I want to play so bad but I continue to have ups/downs. I just signed up for my first round with the ladies on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will feel good and make at least nine. I ought to be pretty good at the short pitch shots anyway since that's all I've practiced.

I want to thank Atlgolfer, flog2424, & Vman for coming to Lane Creek today. :thumb: We had a good time and the weather was sooooo nice! :clapp: The greens are tough to say the least and my buddies that came out today will attest they are a challenge. I don't know what AtlGolfer & flog2424 shot today but I do know that Vman shot an 83 on a pretty stout golf course. The dude is READY for the Morgan Cup right now and I am proud of Ken. He beat me five holes out of 18. Now we did have a flog2424 & Ole Gray vs Atlgolfer & Vman match that came down to the very last hole. Guess who won the Morgan Cup on hole #18. I'll keep ya in suspense and let the boys tell ya. :D Really close match for the teams all day long!

Let me tell ya something. My buddy Ken is more than ready for the MC! Somebody is gonna get their arse whupped if they take this man for granted. We played from the blue tees today and I was really impressed with him off the tees. He's got some game so look out MC'ers!!!

Thank you all for coming down to play Lane Creek and I hope you had a good time and will come back soon!

I do want to add that Atlgolfer & flog2424 are some arwsome ball strikers and it was fun to watch them work there way around the golf course today! These dudes can flat out golf their balls. :blob:

I think Lane Creek was the winner today. The course was in good late winter condition. Greens pretty slick, but a little grainy, and very tricky. Lesson #1 at Lane Creek. Do not put your ball above the hole, and definitely do not go long over the green. Chipping back on some is impossible. You end up chipping back on from the fairway on the other side. I never had to do that, but I observed it several times. I felt like I was shooting poorly, but managed to avoid the big ugly numbers on holes (had only 2 doubles, I think). Also, felt a little out of rhythm trying to work on things from my lesson yesterday. Loved the course and will want to play it again soon. OG, I'm not quite ready for July, but the good news is I've got 4 more months to tighten up this game of mine. Thank you good sir, for having us over today.

I think Seth and Kyle could put up some really low scores on this course when they're on their games. Neither got a lot of time to warm up (Seth not at all), and windy conditions and tough greens made for a challenging round. Let's just say there weren't many putts made today.

It was fun to play. Lane Creek's greens are challenging, and the winds were gusty. Still, I'd tee it up with you guys any day, any where.

I hate to think about what I shot. I'm pretty certain I broke 90, not so sure I was under 85. Took a few holes to warm up, and then I just continued to kick the ball around the greens.

Very fun match as well. I suspect one day Kyle and I will play against each other when were not bringing our C games to the course.

Yes, I think we could be a pretty solid team, partner, and remember, I've seen you play before today. I'm not the least bit worried about your game.

I'm glad you guys had a good time today. I want to play so bad but I continue to have ups/downs. I just signed up for my first round with the ladies on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will feel good and make at least nine. I ought to be pretty good at the short pitch shots anyway since that's all I've practiced.

Kelly, I'm so glad you're finally going to get back on the course Monday. Just remember to try not to be superwoman and overdo it. Nine would be a really good start. Next time I come over I hope you're in the mix.

DawgDaddy, KellyBo and myself are playing Thursday at Lane Creek and need one more player!

DawgDaddy, KellyBo and myself are playing Thursday at Lane Creek and need one more player!

Man, if I wasn't already taking off tomorrow for the Braves home opener I would so be there! Someone jump on this!

I'm trying to see what my schedule looks like.... I'll let you all know tomorrow

I'm trying to see what my schedule looks like.... I'll let you all know tomorrow

Ok buddy hope you can make it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughters birthday is Thursday. If it wasn't I'd jump at the chance to play with you guys.

My daughters birthday is Thursday. If it wasn't I'd jump at the chance to play with you guys.

We're gonna to get ya over here one day soon :thumb:

Dang. I rescheduled my lesson (second time) to Thursday pm, so I have to pass. Would have loved another shot at those greens.

Dang. I rescheduled my lesson (second time) to Thursday pm, so I have to pass. Would have loved another shot at those greens.

Gosh everybody is busy this week. :beat-up: Anyways I need to come up and try those mountain greens on your course before too long!

As soon as the greens heal up buddy, I'll put something together. You'll have fun on my course. Kyle can attest..

Back