Golf at Lane Creek - Georgia

DawgDaddy, KellyBo and myself are playing Thursday at Lane Creek and need one more player!

Maybe one more week for me then I should be able to get away, Thursday is definitely slammed but I sure would like to get down that way soon.

As soon as the greens heal up buddy, I'll put something together. You'll have fun on my course. Kyle can attest..

Looking forward to it!

DawgDaddy, KellyBo and myself are playing Thursday at Lane Creek and need one more player!

I'm in "maybe" status. I still haven't played and I'm not really sure that I should be just yet. If nothing else, I will be out there riding around with you guys. My problem right now is that we are trying to sell our house so we can move closer to civilization and I'm killing myself everyday getting it ready for viewings. We have two showings scheduled this week. We said we would never move again but we've pretty much decided we don't want to live in the boonies for the rest of our lives.

Golfer64 said he will ride up with me so we plan to head up around 7. Should be able to tee off anytime after 8:30 so see what tee time you can get, GolfNow only had one slot available for the morning so I passed on it. If more want to join we can split into 2 groups. Bill, let me know the tee time.

I'm in "maybe" status. I still haven't played and I'm not really sure that I should be just yet. If nothing else, I will be out there riding around with you guys. My problem right now is that we are trying to sell our house so we can move closer to civilization and I'm killing myself everyday getting it ready for viewings. We have two showings scheduled this week. We said we would never move again but we've pretty much decided we don't want to live in the boonies for the rest of our lives.
I am looking forward to seeing you Thursday, just do what you wish on the course, no need to try to rush it now. Good luck with the showings of the house.

edit - old age strikes again.

Last edited:
Golfer64 said he will ride up with me so we plan to head up around 7. Should be able to tee off anytime after 8:30 so see what tee time you can get, GolfNow only had one slot available for the morning so I passed on it. If more want to join we can split into 2 groups. Bill, let me know the tee time.

Tee time is 9:04 . See you folks Thursday!

Last edited:
I had planned on getting out today and hitting balls but decided to wait one more day. It's been seven days since I tweaked my back helping KellyBo fill a sprayer tank with fence sealant out of a 60 lb drum. Bending over trying to pour stuff and not spill it put one hell of a strain on my back. Anyways tomorrow will be my first day back on the course since the incident. I'm excited to get back out and continue my prep for the King! DawgDaddy and Randy are coming up tomorrow for a 9:04 tee time. KellyBo is going to kick off her season and join us on the back nine!

Have fun everyone, that sounds like a blast, Kelly I hope you feel good out there and everything goes well. Play well everyone.

Hope that back holds up, buddy. You don't need to messin around with it, what with the King coming up and all.

Hope that back holds up, buddy. You don't need to messin around with it, what with the King coming up and all.

You got that right! Yea I will certainly ease into it and if I feel a tug or pull, I'll have to be a spectator. I'll get some serious putting practice in if nothing else.

I had planned on getting out today and hitting balls but decided to wait one more day. It's been seven days since I tweaked my back helping KellyBo fill a sprayer tank with fence sealant out of a 60 lb drum. Bending over trying to pour stuff and not spill it put one hell of a strain on my back. Anyways tomorrow will be my first day back on the course since the incident. I'm excited to get back out and continue my prep for the King! DawgDaddy and Randy are coming up tomorrow for a 9:04 tee time. KellyBo is going to kick off her season and join us on the back nine!
I am bringing Gary too! Heading out the door now, looking forward to seeing you and Kelly.

I have an 8am appt at PT then playing back nine. I don't think I'll mention that to my therapist. ? Can't wait!

Have fun everybody. Hope that you can get out there Kelly.

I had so much playing today. I managed to catch the guys before the turn and played about 12 holes. It sure was ugly but I know it will take time to get my game back in shape after the long layover. It was a pleasure to meet Golfer64 and to see Dawgdaddy again. Ole Gray's game is coming along nicely. I think he took everyone of us in match play.

Here are a few pictures:

Golfer64 sure can hit that driver!

Dawgdaddy pounding his drive

This was a bad shot! :)

So glad to see you out on the course, KB! And things are looking green up at Lane Creek! I need another shot at that track!

Amazing how green it has gotten in the last week

Had a great time today with 3 great folks, the highlight was Kelly joined on the 6th or 7th hole and was able to play the rest of the round. She has a little rust but you can still see the excellent golf brimming just below the surface ready to come forward. She will be back in form in no time at all. Golfer64 is simply amazing with the driver, he gets some pretty awesome distance to be an old coot. Ole Gray & I went head to head in match play to get him prepped for the upcoming King, he showed me that he is ready by beating me by one, we were back an forth with my biggest lead being 2 and his being 3, it was a lot of fun.

Now that the day is over I am already looking forward to the next time I make it up to Lane Creek to see 2 of my favorite people. Great pictures Kelly, they actually made it look like everyone was hitting the ball well instead of how we actually played. :smile:

Amazing how green it has gotten in the last week

Agreed. Course looks good.

Glad you guys are having fun. Wind is up here. Hopefully it's not as gusty there. Lane Creek gets difficult then.

We had beautiful weather, awesome company, and KellyBo is back! :bomb: It's always a blast to tee it up with DawgDaddy & Golfer64 and then throw my arse kicking wife in the mix and it's good say, "She's BACK"! I actually hit the ball better (in most cases) than I scored today. I had a couple of really cute screw ups very similar to what Phil Mickleson had at the Masters today when he took a 7 on a par four. That's golf and it always comes away the boss. It was a blast out there today and the good thing is, my back is all healed up! I need to rev up my motor a couple of notches and get ready for the show.

We had beautiful weather, awesome company, and KellyBo is back! :bomb: It's always a blast to tee it up with DawgDaddy & Golfer64 and then throw my arse kicking wife in the mix and it's good say, "She's BACK"! I actually hit the ball better (in most cases) than I scored today. I had a couple of really cute screw ups very similar to what Phil Mickleson had at the Masters today when he took a 7 on a par four. That's golf and it always comes away the boss. It was a blast out there today and the good thing is, my back is all healed up! I need to rev up my motor a couple of notches and get ready for the show.

Good to hear that the back is healed up OG, and great to see Kelly is back playing. It appears you guys had a great day of golf on Lane Creek. It sure was a pretty day up in the mountains. A little windy, but a great spring day. Hope to see you guys soon.

Monday Round

Monday Round

DawgDaddy and I are playing Monday morning around 10:00 a.m. as I've not locked a tee time down yet. It could be earlier or a bit later. We're looking for two more players :golf2:

DawgDaddy and I are playing Monday morning around 10:00 a.m. as I've not locked a tee time down yet. It could be earlier or a bit later. We're looking for two more players :golf2:

Wish I could join you guys but will be at the doctor hopefully beginning my journey to getting my left arm issues straightened out. Hopefully the course will dry out for you guys be then. Hit 'em well!!!

Wish I could join you guys but will be at the doctor hopefully beginning my journey to getting my left arm issues straightened out. Hopefully the course will dry out for you guys be then. Hit 'em well!!!
Good luck with the doctor, you need to get that thing fixed so you can play anytime you want.
Really not concerned about the course condition, just looking forward to teeing it up with my buddy Bill.

Good luck with the doctor, you need to get that thing fixed so you can play anytime you want.
Really not concerned about the course condition, just looking forward to teeing it up with my buddy Bill.

Like wise bruther! We'd have fun in a pig pen ??

Sox - Like Dawg said get ya arse feeling better soon? looking forward to teeing it up with ya this summer ⛳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I could be with my two buddies on Monday. But, I'll be en route to Destin for a week of golf. Weather down there looks very good. It will be good to get some consecutive days of golf in for a change. Y'all hit 'em straight. Hone that game for the King, Bill. But, Team Harry is still going to take you down. Ha! Wish I was driving from there over to Orlando to join you guys.

Back