2014 Bobby Jones Spring Apparel Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice write up Hawk. Some good looking clothes for sure, a little high on price for me but definitely some sharp shirts in there.

Love the lines for 2014. Glad to hear they fit true to size, takes the guessing out of the equation especially when ordering online. And yet with the size being true Im happy to hear there is still plenty of "room" for a nice fluid golf swing without feeling constricted.

Oh and that pullover is awesome!

Great write up Hawk. Bobby Jones has some great looking apparel right and that's make even want to jump the bullet before July and get me one of those nice pullovers. One thing I was surprised not to see is some golf shorts and pants. I would think if they would do the XH20 Polos they would have done some pant's and shorts. But maybe that hasn't been released yet???

I can't even begin to say how much I love this line, spring is here and Bobby Jones is coming in full force with class, elegance, and style. I love the Watson stripes a ton, so classy.

Bobby Jones! Yes please! Many people will shy away based on price points. I've had several shirts from their previous lines, and I've come to rely on the quality they stand for. With the right care in laundering these shirts maintain thier vibrant colors and feel. Many golf shirts through time lose their collar shape, or get that fading line from the fold. I've never had that problem. Wash on gentle, through them in the drier on a warm but not hot setting till nearly dry, hang them up using either a wide hanger or two regular hangers to finish drying and they are ready for wear again. When my wife cares for them she dries them flat on a drying rack. Either way they are fantastic

Very nice review, Ryan.

Those shirts looks really, really nice. I'll keep an eye out for the Watson.

Small request: please post an update thread on how these shirts hold up after a few rounds and some washes. The type of collar being used in the Watson has given me grief over time with other brands. The collar just won't lay flat after it's washed several times.

Great review Ryan. These shirts look so classy and comfy, I know the term cotton will scare some but I also know that the softness that these have are unlike almost everything out there. I absolutely love the few pullovers that I have and they are undoubtedly some of the most comfortable clothes I've ever owned.

Unsure if these ever really go on sale but their one of the very few brands where I would spend more than normal to own.

And remember, not all cotton is created equal. :)

Wonderful and thorough review, Ryan! I'm loving the look of the line and the quality of the material makes me incredibly excited to be wearing Bobby Jones down in Myrtle Beach. I love how there are a multitude of color options for different styles and combinations. July in MB will be a great test for how this line performs in the heat...

Great write up Hawk. Bobby Jones has some great looking apparel right and that's make even want to jump the bullet before July and get me one of those nice pullovers. One thing I was surprised not to see is some golf shorts and pants. I would think if they would do the XH20 Polos they would have done some pant's and shorts. But maybe that hasn't been released yet???

Do you mean shorts with a synthetic material?

I can't even begin to say how much I love this line, spring is here and Bobby Jones is coming in full force with class, elegance, and style. I love the Watson stripes a ton, so classy.

Wearing it right now. You won't be disappointed.

Bobby Jones! Yes please! Many people will shy away based on price points. I've had several shirts from their previous lines, and I've come to rely on the quality they stand for. With the right care in laundering these shirts maintain thier vibrant colors and feel. Many golf shirts through time lose their collar shape, or get that fading line from the fold. I've never had that problem. Wash on gentle, through them in the drier on a warm but not hot setting till nearly dry, hang them up using either a wide hanger or two regular hangers to finish drying and they are ready for wear again. When my wife cares for them she dries them flat on a drying rack. Either way they are fantastic

It should be remembered that this is a brand new line as well. Sales usually happen as seasons change. No different than Polo or any other high-end brand really. You are right about longevity. Had the unique chance to look at two very different price points from two brands in the last month and there are big differences. Little things like quality zippers, shirts that don't pill, etc.

Very nice review, Ryan.

Those shirts looks really, really nice. I'll keep an eye out for the Watson.

Small request: please post an update thread on how these shirts hold up after a few rounds and some washes. The type of collar being used in the Watson has given me grief over time with other brands. The collar just won't lay flat after it's washed several times.

Will do.

Wonderful and thorough review, Ryan! I'm loving the look of the line and the quality of the material makes me incredibly excited to be wearing Bobby Jones down in Myrtle Beach. I love how there are a multitude of color options for different styles and combinations. July in MB will be a great test for how this line performs in the heat...

The XH20 line will be great in Myrtle. As good as anything can be.

Yep, sorry about that. I don't don't see many pros out there wearing cotton pants and shorts. I think they will come out with some eventually. I mean would you want to wear cotton pants and shorts in July?
Do you mean shorts with a synthetic material?

If anything like 2012 happens, it won't really matter for me lol.

Yep, sorry about that. I don't don't see many pros out there wearing cotton pants and shorts. I think they will come out with some eventually. I mean would you want to wear cotton pants and shorts in July?

Keep in mind that they do have 4-5 guys on tour wearing their apparel right now, most of which being done without compensation.

Keep in mind that they do have 4-5 guys on tour wearing their apparel right now, most of which being done without compensation.

Does that mean there wearing the cotton pants when there playing? Say if I was them hey I would wear whatever they gave me. Especially being Bobby Jones because there outfits are far more better looking than others I personally think.

Looks like Bobby Jones has some great apparel on their hands with this spring line. Well done Ryan!

Well written Hawk, this is a line that is firmly on my radar, NEED more than a want.

Solid information Hawk, thanks!.

I'm a sucker for the 1/4 zips as I rarely use a coat during the winter and this would fit the bill. Need to check these out.

That player embroidered on the placket is an awesome little touch

That green / white xh20 is awesome. I'd definitely like to have it.

So much classic, and some new thrown in here. Love this line and great job Hawk.

JM

I keep bouncing between a favorite but they're really all really really good looking.

Price may be on the higher side but if they last for many many years, they'll pay for themselves with all the use you'll get out of them.

I keep bouncing between a favorite but they're really all really really good looking.

Price may be on the higher side but if they last for many many years, they'll pay for themselves with all the use you'll get out of them.

But you must do 1,000 sit-ups daily so that they will still fit! (In my best Gary Player voice). :D

JM

I really like the looks of these and the colors. I have never owned a Bobby Jones shirt but I might just consider one of these

Great looking line. I'm not usually a stripe guy but these have something to 'em!

Good write up Hawk! All the lines seem to have more positives than negatives, I will be watching for your long term thoughts.

Back