What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 50 on the par 37 front nine at my home course. It was the first time on the course this year so I'm not too worried. I had two triples that could have been avoided and two doubles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I shot awful today. 97....7 doubles or worse. Tried to play hero golf all day. Did have less putts than last week and balls striking was better. Just put myself in bad spots

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

A rough 84 today. Sarasota National beat me up. Shot 40 on the front and missed 2 birdie putts that went around the rim and out. On the back I had a good stretch going and then ran out of steam. Double, Double, Double finish just took me from a 78 to an 84 instantly. The pin placements today were the hardest I have ever played on.

Today was a tough day! 45/41 for 86. 31 putts, 13/14 FW, but only 5/18 GIR. Wind was 20 - 30 all day. Everything started out fine with a pipe down the middle. Made it over a forced water carry on the second to about ten yards right. Flubbed the chip and made bogey. Just Couldnt make anything happen and wasn't playing enough wind on the putts.

Then on number 7 in mid down swing my driver head flys off! When I say mid I mean mid. The head made impact about two feet behind the ball. I don't know exactly what happened there. Have already ordered a new shaft and will just continue to march. Finished with my buddy's 910 D3 with PX 7.0 tipped and no loss of distance......weird. I gotta get on a monitor.

Really struggled with the Bstone putter in the wind. It was hard for me to stay steady. Also, MUST try smaller grip on this one.

Big takeaway for me today was the ball. The past couple of weeks, I was having trouble compressing the RX with the driver. Who knows, it could have been weakness in the tip in advance of a failure. Anyway, I decided to try some e6 and wow! Even with the wind, some really good distance on some shots. Really want to try these on a regular day for sure. They did not stop like the RX, but I have never been a "throw to the hole" guy anyway. I can adjust.

Pretty disappointed in that work is not making it to the course.

Positives - Stayed in it and did not give up on the round. Have been consistent, just not consistently where I want to be.

JM

I had a very frustrating round today. The part of my game, wedge play, that usually saves me from my mistakes let me down. I ended up with a 92 that broke down to 5 penalty shots off the tee, two 3 putts, hit 8 FW's, 5 GIR's with 31putts. What is bothering me that besides the par 5 18th, I tripled the other 3.

I took some positives away. The tee shots I hit continue to go well and when I get quick with my tempo the mistakes happen. I hit my hybrids pretty well and a great hybrid on 18 that set up a birdie putt. Struck my irons well, especially my 6iron.

All in all an up and down round and had to grind out a 92. breaking down my card I easily left 8-11 strokes out there. Time to buckle down and clean that up. Had a blast though playing with the Houston THP group. Jack, Jacob & Tim make it fun to play.

I hear ya John....really frustratung noy seeing all the results of my winter work not showing up on the scorecard. I did some really good things like drop in a 25ft putt for bird but then backed that up with a double. I wasn't playing bad early on. Bogey golf the mosy part, then I blew up on 7, 8, 9 and ten where I went +11. Poor sand shots and some shots in the woods sunk me. I kept at it though. Started piecing it all togethet the last couple of holes. I really feel like I meed morw time on the course and less on the range to really learn to trust my swing

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

A rough 84 today. Sarasota National beat me up. Shot 40 on the front and missed 2 birdie putts that went around the rim and out. On the back I had a good stretch going and then ran out of steam. Double, Double, Double finish just took me from a 78 to an 84 instantly. The pin placements today were the hardest I have ever played on.

Wow, 3 doubles at the end is a rough way to go out but I understand it, been there before dude. Hopefully next time out you'll get revenge.

I shot a 105, too many blow up holes and 37 putts is just way too many. I was smoking the hybrids for the most part but 100 yds and in was something I need to and will be working on. I'm hoping the swing caddie will help me dial in the wedges as that is where I struggle. Overall though golfing with the Houston as always is fun. Sorry Mike
for my little episode of ADHD while you were putting and I will also mark my ball with a coin :).

Shot a 47, which on the one hand wasn't too bad, but on the other, should have been better. 20 putts in 9 holes is simply too, too many. I played a scramble at a different course than this one Saturday, with vastly different greens, but didn't have time to practice much. Basically walked onto the course. Been working on tempo and trying to get a bit more comfortable with a slower, more relaxed swing. Drew the ball a bit more than I expected as a result and spent a little bit of time adjusting my alignment. Still, while this isn't a score I'm particularly fond of, I'm pretty confident with how I played, particularly off the tee.

I enjoyed following along as you guys went around Sarasota National. Looks like a really tough test.

I had a very frustrating round today. The part of my game, wedge play, that usually saves me from my mistakes let me down. I ended up with a 92 that broke down to 5 penalty shots off the tee, two 3 putts, hit 8 FW's, 5 GIR's with 31putts. What is bothering me that besides the par 5 18th, I tripled the other 3.

I took some positives away. The tee shots I hit continue to go well and when I get quick with my tempo the mistakes happen. I hit my hybrids pretty well and a great hybrid on 18 that set up a birdie putt. Struck my irons well, especially my 6iron.

All in all an up and down round and had to grind out a 92. breaking down my card I easily left 8-11 strokes out there. Time to buckle down and clean that up. Had a blast though playing with the Houston THP group. Jack, Jacob & Tim make it fun to play.

Five penalty strokes is tough to overcome, partner. You did well just to grind out that round!

First round of the year today in brutal weather conditions, got around in 90. I had a few loose shots but with the wind and cold I am pretty happy with the effort. Just glad to be back on the course.

I shot a 105, too many blow up holes and 37 putts is just way too many. I was smoking the hybrids for the most part but 100 yds and in was something I need to and will be working on. I'm hoping the swing caddie will help me dial in the wedges as that is where I struggle. Overall though golfing with the Houston as always is fun. Sorry Mike
for my little episode of ADHD while you were putting and I will also mark my ball with a coin :).

I made the putt though so maybe I need that to help me make them.

It seems I'm stuck on mediocre with the last three scores 82, 83, 83. A few bad holes and fewer good holes sum it up. Two triples in that 82, one in yesterday's 83 and one today; 3, 2 and 1 on birdies. Best thing today was a birdie out of a deep bunker on a par 3.

It seems I'm stuck on mediocre with the last three scores 82, 83, 83. A few bad holes and fewer good holes sum it up. Two triples in that 82, one in yesterday's 83 and one today; 3, 2 and 1 on birdies. Best thing today was a birdie out of a deep bunker on a par 3.

I don't know Lefty. If I do the math right, your killing it for 15 or 16 holes and just having a couple real ugly ones. You know that won't continue. You're too good a ball strtiker to be putting up triples.

Today, Played the Emerald in St. Johns,MI and shot a personal best.

My first time ever playing this course, but have always wanted to play it.

How it went:
48/44 92
9/14 FIR
5/18 GIR
33 putts (Unfortunately 3 3 jacks, But 2 hole outs)

I holed out #10 from 153 yards with a 5 iron, and #13 from 35-40 yards with a mack daddy2 wedge ( got lucky hit a mound and funneled into the hole)

Played another 9 and should have quit after 18, shot a 53...

After reading your post in the best shot thread I figured we might see something in here. :act-up:

Congrats on the PB man!

JM

I shot an 83 today (41/42) and it was actually pretty encouraging. I've been playing worse than my handicap for months now and it's been frustrating. A lot of rounds I've been struggling to break 90. Today I didn't even drive it particularly well, but it was the 3rd round with the new irons and I'm starting to get comfortable with them. 83 on a tough course and I left a few out there, so I'm pretty happy with it overall.

How it went:
48/44 92
9/14 FIR
5/18 GIR

I holed out #10 from 153 yards with a 5 iron, and #13 from 35-40 yards with a mack daddy2 wedge ( got lucky hit a mound and funneled into the hole)

Congrats on the PB, CJ! Those Mackdaddy 2 wedges are special, aren't they?

What did you shoot today?

My scorecard from today.
Even beat my buddy who usually whips me pretty good!

y2aturu3.jpg

u9aruvy7.jpg

edady7a5.jpg

Dont know why the last picture turns out so poorly.

First hole was a blow up for a 7. played ok the rest of the 9 a lot of 5's and 6's.
Back 9 I was -2 through the first 4 holes, before losing it. still a personal best round, I hope to continue building on it.

Last edited:
Nice work there CJ

Congrats on the pb cj!

Congrats CJ, that's awesome!

Using Tapatalk

How it went:
48/44 92
9/14 FIR
5/18 GIR

Congrats on the personal best!

My scorecard from today.
Even beat my buddy who usually whips me pretty good!

y2aturu3.jpg

u9aruvy7.jpg

edady7a5.jpg

Dont know why the last picture turns out so poorly.

First hole was a blow up for a 7. played ok the rest of the 9 a lot of 5's and 6's.
Back 9 I was -2 through the first 4 holes, before losing it. still a personal best round, I hope to continue building on it.

Very nice work there CJ. Looks like you put the pressure on your buddy and he folded. Very nice.

Congrats on the new PB Michigan Slice, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back