SuperStroke Flatso & 2.0 Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another great review packed with awesome info. Thanks Jman.

I love my 2.0, the Flatso looks like a good edition to the line.

Agree with both. 2.0 has worked really well for me.

I played around with a flatso that flog has on his putter. I really like the feel of it. The design makes a lot of sense when you put it in your hands.

Good stuff Jman. Visually SuperStrokes are awesome, but I've never tried one. Have a jumbo Winn right now, wouldn't mind doing a comparison at some point.

LOVE my 2.0 and need to just buy up a ton of them next time I see a sale. Won't bother with anything else.

And if the weight difference makes you think you'll lose the feeling of your favorite putter, pop in a weight under the grip and you're golden. That's what Cody did for me @ SeeMore.

Agree with both. 2.0 has worked really well for me.

I played around with a flatso that flog has on his putter. I really like the feel of it. The design makes a lot of sense when you put it in your hands.

I tried Flog's putter as well with the Flatso. I liked it better than the feel of the regular Super Stoke. Was looking them over at the golf store the other day. I need to check online to see if it comes in other colors. Not much a fan of the white & red.

Edit: that's what I get for responding before reading the article. Nice pic of the Flatso in white/silver. Flog's is white/red as were the one's at the golf store I visited.

Great review James! I've got to find a putter with the Flatso on it. Price points of these make it a little rough to swap one out just to try. With the Flatso do you think people with smaller hands would find this a bit more comfortable over the conventional SS 2.0? But Super Stroke is flat out killing it right now. Kind of reminds me of how KBS gained popularity on the tours and in the amateur ranks.

Attempted to get on the SS bandwagon with the last generation and just didn't find anything I loved, but that Flatso does appeal to me. Great information in here James.

Nice review Jman, really digging the flatso. I really liked a harder pistol shape before moving to superstroke, will definitely be giving the flatso 1.1 a shot.

I've played with the 1.0 for awhile now, but I'm moving up to the 2.0 this weekend. Looking forward to seeing how it works for me. Nice review, Jman.

I've used the SS 2.0 before and loved it, and the flatso sounds very intriguing. SuperStroke is doing a whole lot right with these grips, and really helping a lot of people score better. Great write up, James.

Great work James, the Flatso intrigues me for sure, and the premise behind taking your hands out of the stroke makes a ton of sense and the feel of a larger grip isn't diminished!

Ive contemplated trying out some more SS, great review Jman, jam packed with useful info

Really am falling in love with the Flatso. To me it just feels a little more natural in your hands than the other SS grips. I had a friend ship me one of the new Ultra's which I am going to put on for a trial run to see if the smaller grip helps me a little more with feel.

I have gamed the 2.0 in the past as well but I really think the SS crew is on to something with the FLATSO line

Great thoughts James. Super Stroke is heading in the right direction and appear to be putting out quality product after quality product. Think a 2.0 may be going on my putter this year.

I've played with the 1.0 for awhile now, but I'm moving up to the 2.0 this weekend. Looking forward to seeing how it works for me. Nice review, Jman.

Please let us know your thoughts. I have the 1.0, thinking about giving the 2.0 a try.

Great review James! I've got to find a putter with the Flatso on it. Price points of these make it a little rough to swap one out just to try. With the Flatso do you think people with smaller hands would find this a bit more comfortable over the conventional SS 2.0? But Super Stroke is flat out killing it right now. Kind of reminds me of how KBS gained popularity on the tours and in the amateur ranks.

I'm not sure to be honest. Its mostly, IMO, going to be who likes having hard edges on their putter grip and who prefers a more round overall shape. With hand size I would think smaller hands would gravitate to the SS 1.0 if they were looking, its my ideal grip anyways. I could certainly make the jump to the Flatso easily, I just don't want to regrip all of my putter haha! The Flatso is the perfect setup with my SPi grip IMO, helped me really keep it in the fingers.

Attempted to get on the SS bandwagon with the last generation and just didn't find anything I loved, but that Flatso does appeal to me. Great information in here James.

They def aren't for everyone, last years/this years are vast improvements on the previous generation though IMO. The reverse taper is gone and its just taperless.

Last edited:
Please let us know your thoughts. I have the 1.0, thinking about giving the 2.0 a try.

I was the same, in fact, I still have a spare 1.0 in my garage. But going to the 2.0 made a world of difference. If I can stay focused and keep my feel on the greens, I think I can maintain my improvement. My last 27 holes played I had 40 putts. That's 1.48 per hole. :bananadance:

I'm very much on the SS bandwagon. I have a 2.0 on my Odyssey and I'm getting another put on my M81. My hands aren't very big so the 2.0 is perfect for me. I tried to game the M81 with its stock grip and just couldn't get the feel. I may be an SS guy for life

Thanks for the lowdown on these James and bringing the info of why each are designed like they are.

Without question these puppies are all over the TV every weekend and more & more people are giving them a go.

I'm a 2.0 guy myself but would enjoy rolling that Flatso as well.

Nice review James.....I just started using a putter with a 2.0 on it and I have to say I really like it thus far.

Played with a Flatso for awhile, but recently came back to the 2.0 and feel its a much better fit for my stroke.

Played with a Flatso for awhile, but recently came back to the 2.0 and feel its a much better fit for my stroke.

I think you'd like this version of the flatso better than the one you had on the m1, the 1.1 is a GREAT size, much more comfortable and natural in the hands.

I really like the shape, but still feels reverse tapered to me. I think I'm gonna get another one for my FGP and put a couple extra wraps under my top hand and see if that helps.

Back