What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating 42 today. 6 bogies 3 pars and too many bad shots. Couldn't buy a putt to save my life. Gotta hit the range and figure out if this year I'm gonna play a fade or a draw because right now when I'm standing over the ball I have no clue where the ball is gonna go and that's a scary feeling

Played a crazy round with a couple of once a year golfers today. Couldn't really get in rhythm as one of the guys consistently took 2/3 balls off the tee and struggled through the rest of the hole. It was great because they're awesome guys, but it wasn't a day I could really focus on my game. I ended up with a 43/40 83 though and had some great holes mixed in with some not so pretty doubles.

After a 79 last Saturday in competition I shot a 77 today. Might sound nice, but it was HORRIBLE.

I have a but of a mental block going on for our second 9 I guess. Also the greens have been cut and sanded, that really doesn't help my putting at all. My woods and hybrid weren't working for me today, only the first teeshot was good.

1st hole (389m par4)
Good drive, 111m left, pitching wedge to 2m, missed for birdie. (So a par)
2nd (183m par3)
4iron WAY short, 35m pitch to 1.2m in for par.
3rd (321m dogleg right)
Good teeshot cutting the corner over water and bunkers, 85m left 56° to 6m or so, put fell or birdie.
4th (3something par4)
Teeshot WAY right, 116m left. Pitching wedge just short of the green, chip+put for par.
5th (549m par5)
Teeshot WAY right, 296 left, 4wood skinned into GUR, free drop, hybrid skinned through GUR. 210m left. Hybrid short of green, chip to 8m, put fell for bogey.
6th (449m par5, into strong wind)
Teeshot WAY right, 215m left. Cut 4iron to 50m, Lobwedge 8m over pin, 2puts. Par
7th (147m par3)
8 iron 12m over pin into bank, chip out, put fell for par.
8th (343m par4, slight dogleg left)
Teeshot WAY right, 146m left. 7iron just over the green, 7m chip, 10cm short. Tap in par.
9th (251m par4)
6iron to 86m, 56° 2.5m left of the pin, 1m past. Two puts needed. Par.
10th (329m dogleg right at 210m)
Terrible teeshot that was meant to cut the corner went into the corner (should call it a hook, it was ~40m offline). Gapwedge and three putts for bogey.
11th (349m par4)
Skinned teeshot just over the ladies tee, 240-ish left. Hybrid short and right if the green, chip and two putts for bogey.
12th (443m par5)
Pushed my drive a bit right, found the ball against the pole of the bell just over the hill. Unplayable, drop. Skin my 8iron. 7iron 20m right of the green and 20m past the pin. Pitch to 9m, three putts for a triple.
13th (329m par4)
Snap hook went left and then over the next fairway into the water. My provisional was perfect, holed the next shot for an unexpected par. (Eagle with the second ball!).
14th (289m par4)
Great teeshot with 4iron, 84m left, sandwedge just short of the green. Chip+put for par.
15th (249m par4)
Pushed my teeshot (hybrid) a bit, into greenside bunker right. Ball moves during swing, catch it clean.. 45m over the green. Pitch back is 1.5m short of the green, chip in for par.
16th (151m par3)
8 iron, 3m right if the pin. Miss the birdie, tap in for par.
17th (146m par3)
8 iron, right and short. Chip and two puts for bogey. (Bad bad green :( )
18th (300-ish par4, don't remember)
Teeshot a bit fat, but straight, gapwedge left and over the green. Chip left just 20cm short of the green, put for par falls.

One of those days where you're doing strange things.

Last edited:
At my 9 hole course down the road, shot the best so far this year.
Front 9 shot 41 with 2 birdies (1st birdies of the year) Back 9 shot a 38.
Towards the end of the year, last year, I did do a 38 and after 5-6 rounds so far this year, I have hit it. With new fitted clubs and the supersoft.

Loved playing with Ole Gray and Lefty78 today, had a 41/43=84, 8/14 Fairways and used 34 putts with one 3 putt and 2 penalty strokes. The driver was either right down the middle or way off line, strange day with the big stick. 3 blow up holes kept the score from being much lower.

Played 9. Double, 2 bogeys, birdy on last hole to shoot 39

Nice round Kang. Get rid of the bogeys and your looking really good.

Another really good ball striking day.....really hitting my irons well

43/39 = 82

7/13 Fairways
11 GIR
3 Birdies
32 putts
1 Penalty stroke

58/50 for a 108. The 50 is disappointing because I shot a +8 over the last three holes. Frustrating, but shooting under 110 consistently now means I have taken another step forward. Steady progress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another really good ball striking day.....really hitting my irons well

43/39 = 82

7/13 Fairways
11 GIR
3 Birdies
32 putts
1 Penalty stroke

Someone is getting Altitudinal.

And I like it.

Someone is getting Altitudinal.

And I like it.

I may have finally cured the snaphooks that were killing me...and yes I am really hitting the "Tudes" solid right now

46-43, 89. Played the last 4 holes in +1. For the first 14 holes I was losing everything way right but I figured it out and played solid to finish. It was my first round of the year so some rust was expected.

46-43, 89. Played the last 4 holes in +1. For the first 14 holes I was losing everything way right but I figured it out and played solid to finish. It was my first round of the year so some rust was expected.

Good strong finish! To be continues next round

38 front with 2 bogies and 7 pars
38 back with 3 bogies and 1 birdie
76 total but was disappointed cause I was ripping it today, just couldn't get it in the hole.
First hole Driver-LW and 3 Jacked it
Second hole Driver-SW to 15' and putt didn't even scare the whole
and so on and so on all day
Birdied 16 the #2 Hcp Hole and then threw up on myself and bogied 17 (short par 4 playing 243 yards)
Just how the day went, but Good Company, Good Weather, so what the heck!

Tradition-Scorecard-Only08-.jpg

b2e86805def5087d1f32d6a884f41cce_f12.jpg
9400f07e6d97eb6d676b372fd98777c0_f13.jpg

Some great scores over the weekend and today! Love seeing the MC and King participants doing work

Well after the rain stopped here I was all about getting out after shooting a 99 last Friday. Well tonight I ended up shooting my personal best of the year 88 WOOOHOOO. Played some stupid conservative golf and didn't even use my driver. Even used my 7 iron on a par 4 so I didn't hit the water and was 170 out and used my mashie 20° and got up on the green. Really was enjoying it tonight and almost had my first hole in one. Good thing I probably didn't since I was playing by myself. Really starting to think that this Cleveland 3 Wood is my answer to getting out there at reasonbly distances and not slice it like crazy. But overall so happy to see this score tonight after having some bad golf on friday.

lickcreek-1.jpg

Well after the rain stopped here I was all about getting out after shooting a 99 last Friday. Well tonight I ended up shooting my personal best of the year 88 WOOOHOOO. Played some stupid conservative golf and didn't even use my driver. Even used my 7 iron on a par 4 so I didn't hit the water and was 170 out and used my mashie 20° and got up on the green. Really was enjoying it tonight and almost had my first hole in one. Good thing I probably didn't since I was playing by myself. Really starting to think that this Cleveland 3 Wood is my answer to getting out there at reasonbly distances and not slice it like crazy. But overall so happy to see this score tonight after having some bad golf on friday.
lickcreek.jpg

Pretty freaking awedome!

Lane Creek: I played well at times but not consistently. Part of the inconsistency was driving three hours, hitting about six balls then heading to the first tee with a new shaft in the driver. That along with two new wedges added a little uncertainty. The putter somewhat saved the day with only one three putt on some pretty severe greens otherwise it could have been pretty ugly. 40, 41-81.

Thanks Kang, I fat fingered the 3rd hole putts and put a 3 down but it was a 2. I only wish I could drive a par 4 in two.
Pretty freaking awedome!

lickcreek-1.jpg

Heck of an improvement...11 strokes and at a tough slope rating today is impressive

Something just clicked tonight, and I didn't even pull the driver out of the bag. That 3 wood i just sick, and really played my mashies which I have no issues with. I think what really helped me tonight was that I played everything stupid safe and didn't try anything crazy. Also irons were hitting pretty well. Hoping that I can keep this up.
Heck of an improvement...11 strokes and at a tough slope rating today is impressive

Shot 44/42 for and 86 in my tournament today. Started off with a 8 and a 6 on my first two holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Solid...solid round after that start buddy.

I may have finally cured the snaphooks that were killing me...and yes I am really hitting the "Tudes" solid right now
Kindly....share the cure?! Nice round buddy.

From the Gold tees with Jacqui , the head mechanic and one of the grounds crew, and shot 76, 6-over, my lowest score ever beating two 77's from the Golds last year. Not like from the whites or blues where my best score on each is 79, but still quite fun and was hitting the ball great.

From the Gold tees with Jacqui , the head mechanic and one of the grounds crew, and shot 76, 6-over, my lowest score ever beating two 77's from the Golds last year. Not like from the whites or blues where my best score on each is 79, but still quite fun and was hitting the ball great.
76 is a 76.

Nice round Smally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back