YouTube - Mark Crossfield

I quite like him. But it's similar with Rick Shiels and others, if you don't swing like them, you're not going to get the same results, and I sure don't.
its helpful to me that they highlight new equipment, what they find helpful or unhelpful, and I like that they stress more often about the importance of being fit.
but technically I get more help from the great job the reviewers do here.
maybe Hawk, Jman etc could post some vid reviews... :act-up:
Thanks to all who make it fun and informative

I think he's entertaining as heck, so sure, I'm a fan. I admire him for creating an extra revenue stream doing something he loves. My decisions about golf aren't much moved by his opinion, just another bullet point in the data I aggregate mentally. Why? Because it isn't fully scientific. Does Mr. Crossfield attempt to remove as many of the variables as possible? Sure. But it is still his swing, folly to the influence of being human and imperfect.

I've been a huge fan of Mark's for years. He used to be a huge Mizuno homer but has toned it down a bit. As let's me honest, there are plenty of homers here as well. He does give every club a fair share and isn't afraid to say he was wrong (see SLDR loft up video). His reviews are short, sweet ad to the point. Very little regurgitation of what we can read on the OEM's website. I don't always agree with his reviews, but I also don't agree with every review here. That doesn't mean I don't find it useful or informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed this video.

I've been a huge fan of Mark's for years. He used to be a huge Mizuno homer but has toned it down a bit. As let's me honest, there are plenty of homers here as well. He does give every club a fair share and isn't afraid to say he was wrong (see SLDR loft up video). His reviews are short, sweet ad to the point. Very little regurgitation of what we can read on the OEM's website. I don't always agree with his reviews, but I also don't agree with every review here. That doesn't mean I don't find it useful or informative.

That write reviews for THP?
They wouldnt last a month employed here.

Fact. We review anything and everything with an open mind and personal bias taken out of the equation. Whether I like something or not has no bearing in a review IMO, my job is to educate people on what it is supposed to do and how well it does it. From there people will be educated enough to go, hit it, and decide if it works best for their game. Every club works for someone, every club does not work for everyone.

Fact. We review anything and everything with an open mind and personal bias taken out of the equation. Whether I like something or not has no bearing in a review IMO, my job is to educate people on what it is supposed to do and how well it does it. From there people will be educated enough to go, hit it, and decide if it works best for their game. Every club works for someone, every club does not work for everyone.

"Here" as a collective. No one accuse any of he writers being partisan. Don't have time to get into it now because heading out the door. Just wanted to head this off before it exploded.

YouTube - Mark Crossfield

Watched his videos since he started and really enjoy what he does, most of all he seems really passionate about golf and has some fun on the way. I've picked up lots of useful drills and tips, good stuff all round IMO.

Just from the reviews I have seen the phrase. "let's get stuck in" is stuck in my brain--I say it to myself to start the mental routine :)

Just from the reviews I have seen the phrase. "let's get stuck in" is stuck in my brain--I say it to myself to start the mental routine :)

I watch his videos all the time and thought he said "let's get stuckey". Thanks for clarifying!

I watch his videos all the time and thought he said "let's get stuckey". Thanks for clarifying!

Ha! that's funny right there.

We must be freaking Switzerland over here then :)
We at THP-Callaway are totally unbiased towards Mizuno, yes!

No offense to JB and the crew, but the reviews here are more or less "this is the info we got from the manufacturer and we think it's true, oh and here's a few lines we made up ourselves". I know it's very difficult, believe me I know :)

Oh I follow both Mark and Lockey on twitter, they tend to respond to stuff you reply on and such which is nice. I like the matchplay videos best, or where they're on some course showing it with the guys from blah blah golf travel.

Hehehe. Alright! I often get a chance to talk to R&D from companies too, but yeah. You got her figured out, don't you?

Haha, just write a few lines, exactly it. Not hours upon hours of testing and work for each review. Nope.

So, here's an honest question.

Outside of potential comparisons between clubs (spin rates on drivers for example), which often can just be seen via marketing material and semi-common knowledge, how relevant to an average player is the information gleaned from a very high level golfer hitting a club off mat a handful of times using launch monitor?
Manufacturers lie, see the 17 yard gains, the "speed regime" and "longer, hotter" and whatever they decide to come up with next. I've tried a shitload of drivers, there wasn't much difference in distance. He has a consistent swing (he's an above average player) so the numbers he shoots are "real-world" numbers. Numbers that average players can rely on and hope to,relate to for their good hits :)

Someone in the thread (Scott Call) also said something like this: "It doesn't matter what driver he hits, distance is always the same".
Also, this reply sums up a lot: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/member.php?12173-moosejaa

Hawk: I honestly don't, I'm trying to give my opinion, I can be a dick sometimes but it's meant well :)

Jman: as I wrote "I know how hard it is, believe me I do". I once had an ICT website, we wrote our own reviews, it was hard. Even harder when there's 100k plus readers :)

So, what driver did I say was super duper long again?

Outside of a proper fitting of course.

Fwiw, I called the Mizuno irons like I saw them and my observations were echoed by a ton of our readers here on the forum.

I've watched a few Crossfield videos. He's fun to listen to once in a while, but I really don't get what value he brings.

Curious why I would care whether a club works for him or not. He's got a totally different swing than me.

We at THP-Callaway are totally unbiased towards Mizuno, yes!

No offense to JB and the crew, but the reviews here are more or less "this is the info we got from the manufacturer and we think it's true, oh and here's a few lines we made up ourselves". I know it's very difficult, believe me I know :)

Oh I follow both Mark and Lockey on twitter, they tend to respond to stuff you reply on and such which is nice. I like the matchplay videos best, or where they're on some course showing it with the guys from blah blah golf travel.

Maybe it's not my place, but I would love to know how what you're saying isn't offensive to the guys who put hours upon hours of time into their reviews, and then provide unbiased feedback for ANY golfer to benefit from. Quite frankly, that is an awful thing to say.

Mark was on Mizuno staff. He was admittedly a Mizuno fan. I'm not just pulling those statements out of my ass to disparage him. Say what you want, but I don't get paychecks from any company, including thp.

To get this back in topic, I enjoy some if Mark's YouTube videos. I also love THP reviews from the average Joe point if view. Its not either-or for me. We can like both ?

To get this back in topic, I enjoy some if Mark's YouTube videos. I also love THP reviews from the average Joe point if view. Its not either-or for me. We can like both 

Exactly.

Haha, just write a few lines, exactly it. Not hours upon hours of testing and work for each review. Nope.

You lazy bum. :lying: Now if only you would start responding in the forums when people ask questions. Get on that. :sarcastic:

To get this back in topic, I enjoy some if Mark's YouTube videos. I also love THP reviews from the average Joe point if view. Its not either-or for me. We can like both ?

No you must pick one!!!!!!

Why would I let one man's opinion determine if a club is good or bad?

Knowledge is power.

Back