The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I feel so privileged that I can experience each of your journeys & capture it for the world. Truly humbling & can't wait to be out there.

Wonderful and heartfelt post JB. I could hear Rocky music from your post the other day.

JM

I got goosebumps reading that post and I'm not in the event. That was great JB.

Nectar falling from the sky. I like the sound of that.

Now we will blink once more and we will be standing in front of 40 staff bags, 40 THPers, 5 amazing OEMS, JB and Morgan looking proudly, and starting off a wonderful weekend!

Don't forget the volunteers!! ; )

Goosebumps and a big gulp to hold the emotions down. The last four months have come and gone. Are you ready? Will you be ready? You better be ready!!!

Show me where to put my tee. Let's get it done!!!

No stone will be unturned in my prep for the Morgan Cup.

Im going to ask a favor to those 40 in this event.
This weekend another event is being hosted by THP and one of the sponsors in #THPMC, Callaway Golf.
Its a big deal and most of the 16 THPers have never been in a Morgan Cup before. If you get a chance, jump in that King thread with some words of advice or even just a "Im following along" kind of thing.

We all want people focused on this event at the right time, and yet sometimes people fail to remember that others feel the same way. #TheKing is a big event. Filled with competition, prep time, equipment and more. Come Friday night there will even be a live update thread. Make the guys playing feel some love and I just know they will return the favor when #THPMC rolls around.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Your getting to play with me on Thursday....what more validation do you need in how important you are to us! :D

Silly me, here I thought it was the other way around.... Looking forward to it Big Time.

Last edited:
[Qt UOTE=Nate;2979529]Your getting to play with me on Thursday....what more validation do you need in how important you are to us! :D

Silly me, here I thought it was the other way around.... Looking forward to it Big Time.

Just a heads up though Mike....I will not be signing autographs during this round. Maybe a few pictures will be ok, we'll see how it goes. :D

Great post Josh!!!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

This weekend another event is being hosted by THP and one of the sponsors in #THPMC, Callaway Golf.
Its a big deal and most of the 16 THPers have never been in a Morgan Cup before. If you get a chance, jump in that King thread with some words of advice or even just a "Im following along" kind of thing.

We all want people focused on this event at the right time, and yet sometimes people fail to remember that others feel the same way. #TheKing is a big event. Filled with competition, prep time, equipment and more. Come Friday night there will even be a live update thread. Make the guys playing feel some love and I just know they will return the favor when #THPMC rolls around.

It's the least everyone can do for how much Callaway has committed to the Morgan Cup.

That thread is full of very excited THPers. Should be a fun, easy, and enjoyable experience for all of us.

Great posts by JB to be remembered. Many words, and every single one of them meaningful, thank you.

It's crazy how this event is closing, 90 days, that's nothing, I want the last two weeks prior to the event last forever.

SO excited you guys will be doing a live update thread for #TheKing. I think the live update threads are the greatest thing since slice bread. You legitimately feel like you're there. I'll be following along closely and still from the beginning #ImWithChad !

Today people saw a different form of motivation. One that got a bit more real as their opponents had names and faces. With 90 days to go, the energy will be turned up. The schedules will be altered a bit. Time will move at a frantic pace until there is about 14 days to go and then the sand through the hour glass will start to trickle one grain at a time.

Some of you are pondering equipment and have choices laid out. Others have that to look forward to. Some staff members have packages on their way. Others have received some goodies and are readying to put on a show for the companies that have been showering them. Soon you will be walking towards the guarded section of the True Blue range to find your company spokesperson. You will find your tools of choice. You will be greeted with smiles from the hosts. And then you will know...ITS ON!

90 days are all that are left before the journey ends and the event begins. While fun will be had, this event will change the game of golf for you. There will be laughter, anger, disappointment and even tears shed throughout the weekend as you enter a special fraternity of people that have embarked on something we call the Ultimate Golf Event Period!

Embrace it. Remember it. And of course cherish it. While you are out there each day, take a second to look around and see what you are a part of. Take a gander at the sea of staff bags filled with the very best equipment in the world. Take a gander at 40 participants in the best golf apparel out there. Take a gander around the room at dinner and see what is being done. See what the Morgan Cup is about. Its not about those before you paving ways, or those after you getting chances. Its about embracing the moment. Seizing the opportunity that you earned. And becoming a legend and champion.

8 people will stand before you on Sunday and hold up something special. They will hold up trophies and celebrate in a champagne bath that is now iconic. There is nothing quite like that feeling after an event like this and then the hosts will say a few words and the curtain will close on the 2014 Morgan Cup. As that curtain closes, remember that nothing will ever change the status earned and possibly achieved by being a champion in an event of this magnitude.

You are all winners and rock stars to be able to participate in something this big. But there will be only 8 champions. Strive to be the best. Strive to win it all. Strive to hoist that oversized cup over your head and drink the championship nectar as it falls from the sky.

90 days....The Ultimate Golf Event Period is coming...

Being the road warrior that I am, I just read this post twelve hours after it was live, and just before hitting the sack to rest up for another challenging course in the a.m. I have no idea how I'm going to get to sleep now!

I will definitely be following #TheKing thread, it will be an amazing event!

Don't want to believe how close it is getting and also want it to get here faster. With the pairings and matches being posted, it took the brakes off. JB's posts have, as to all of you, been inspiring and flat outstanding. I still can't seem to put together everything this means to me on paper. Those that are physically near to me know and can see it, my son keeps asking about it. I spend more sleepless moments yearning for rest thinking about it.

Looking forward to following #TheKing, the updates have always been outstanding and almost brings you there in your mind.

You got it!

Consider this done. From the other side of the fence, during a THP event, when I'm posting some vines or live update type stuff...there is no better feeling than when people not at the event interact back with you.

Announcement

This event will not be delayed! While players will still not be able to have their phones on the course, volunteers will be responsible for posting live updates of the event as play is happening. We will limit it to words and save the images and video for the coverage, but up until the back 9 on Sunday, the forum will know what is happening and when its happening.

Including a score board update after each session with the teams and points earned.

Announcement

This event will not be delayed! While players will still not be able to have their phones on the course, volunteers will be responsible for posting live updates of the event as play is happening. We will limit it to words and save the images and video for the coverage, but up until the back 9 on Sunday, the forum will know what is happening and when its happening.

Including a score board update after each session with the teams and points earned.

That is very cool . It made following along in the King really fun. This MC just keeps on getting better!

Yes. This is a great way to keep people interested during the big weekend.

Announcement

I love it. It allows the competitors to focus on their matches and volunteers to keep the forum engaged and updated.

Awesome news. Definitely allows the competitors to focus on the MC.

Back