The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife went out to dinner and left me with both kids. My daughter has been a peach, but my son is something else. Just won't settle down. At some point he has to stop crying out of sheer exhaustion, right? Can't find anything to get him to stop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DId you hear him cough? Might be time for Children's Nyquil, hehehe.

DId you hear him cough? Might be time for Children's Nyquil, hehehe.

Ha! I think that's a great idea, but my wife would kill me. He finally went to sleep in his crib, just before I was going to throw myself out of the window.

Taps away

Good: left work and spent an hour putting at the course

Bad: the guy that backed into my leased car when I was leaving. Just what I wanted to deal with. Just some scrapes and paint transfer, no cracks or broken lights. Just screws up my Friday now.

Going through my contact list and deleting people I used to communicate with is somewhat depressing.

Going through my contact list and deleting people I used to communicate with is somewhat depressing.

I think it's kind of liberating!

The last two days at work have absolutely sucked, just the most inane "Office Space" like litany of rules and forms and processes. Effing ridiculous.

I get it. I live in Canada. It's not going to be like Florida. I've had 5 decades to come to terms with it.
I am not overly impressed with the 10" of rain / snow / sleet today, given that the weather has blown rabid goats all "spring" and were the clouds to part tomorrow I'd be lucky to see a course open in 3 weeks even as a sodden mess.
2 years ago, I was out Apr 10. If I play mud ball by May 10 this year I'll be shocked.

And I'll go slog through the nastiest, sloppiest, no carts allowed because they'll sink, range closed because the balls all plug, lose drives in the fairway unless you step on them, no roll at all, mud bog greens conditions because I am a Canadian Golfer and almost by definition a closet masochist of some sort. No frigging wonder I play until I can't find a ball under the snow.

I get it. I live in Canada. It's not going to be like Florida. I've had 5 decades to come to terms with it.
I am not overly impressed with the 10" of rain / snow / sleet today, given that the weather has blown rabid goats all "spring" and were the clouds to part tomorrow I'd be lucky to see a course open in 3 weeks even as a sodden mess.
2 years ago, I was out Apr 10. If I play mud ball by May 10 this year I'll be shocked.

And I'll go slog through the nastiest, sloppiest, no carts allowed because they'll sink, range closed because the balls all plug, lose drives in the fairway unless you step on them, no roll at all, mud bog greens conditions because I am a Canadian Golfer and almost by definition a closet masochist of some sort. No frigging wonder I play until I can't find a ball under the snow.

Living the dream dude, living the dream. Oh, and Florida is no picnic either. This heat is ferocious.

My instructor is moving. Got one last lesson with him on Wednesday and then I think I'm just going to put what I learned into practice for the rest of the summer.

My instructor is moving. Got one last lesson with him on Wednesday and then I think I'm just going to put what I learned into practice for the rest of the summer.

Man that stinks. Good luck on the practice!

Man that stinks. Good luck on the practice!
Yeah, it was nice to have that safety net so if I started to struggle I could just call him up and show up a couple days after and we'd work on my swing (which is still very much a work in progress). One of the older guys I play with thinks my main issue now is just tempo and he thinks I'll be fine without the instructor ... I hope that's the case. Maybe next year I'll look to see if I can find someone again who is reasonable (really can't beat $40/hour).

Now that. . . . My friends . . Is a rant!!!

Living the dream dude, living the dream. Oh, and Florida is no picnic either. This heat is ferocious.

That's Orlando for you...I assure you not all of the state feels like this.

But if it was freezing and only a 6 month golf season I would take the Orlando heat.

But if it was freezing and only a 6 month golf season I would take the Orlando heat.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! North Dakota Sucks!

I hate it too, it's SO slow on my computer, half the time my entire computer freezes opening a pdf file. It did on my old computer too. I think I paid around $20 for the entire year for the conversion program.

FWIW, my company uses Nuance PDF Converter 8.0. It will convert anything to pdf, and pretty much any pdf back to whatever (word, powerpoint, wordperfect, plain text, etc) Way cheaper than Adobe, apparently.

yes please

It's funny, I am about 1 1/2 hours south west of you right now and it's 5 degrees cooler plus a gulf breeze. It's a totally different feeling. I love Orlando for what it has to offer, but the weather is not one of those things. That hot stagnant air it brutal.

If you are a graduate student and you want my advice on a research project, kindly do two things: first, don't call me on a cell phone while you are driving so it makes if difficult for me to make out your questions; second, don't constantly interrupt me. It happens on occasion, but if you interrupt me every few seconds, I am going to get really irritated and wonder why I even bothered to help you out.

Stupid USPS. The chambers bay ball marker I bought for my buddy tpluff was ripped out of the envelope and they returned me half of an envelope apologizing for the inconvenience

Stupid USPS. The chambers bay ball marker I bought for my buddy tpluff was ripped out of the envelope and they returned me half of an envelope apologizing for the inconvenience

Ouch, that's just wrong!

HTC M8

So I'm scrolling Facebook and see a post from Golf Channel Am Tour where are you playing this weekend. Read the comments and one guy says going for his 4th win of the season, another says his 5th win in a row in Nashville, so all I can figure out is one there's no competition or two they're doing some severe sandbagging, and my guess is the latter.

I have double bogeyed the same hole three or four rounds in a row. I just can't play it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back