The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, could this be the Chiefs newest trick play? Lol

Here is my official Dallas Cowboys breakdown of their 2014 schedule and where they will finish by week 17.

Sept. 7: San Francisco 49ers, 4:25 LOSS - Close game at halftime but then a few early TO's by the Cowboy sideline while on offense occurs in the 3rd quarter ends up costing them in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter and are unable to stop the clock or the 49'ers from running it out. It's now a week of "who's really calliing the plays" on talk radio. Record 0-1.

Sept. 14: at Tennessee Titans, 1 LOSS - In a game where no one from the Titan's 2011 roster is playing on the 2014 roster, the Titans shock the Cowboys in a double digit win that isn't really that close. Nothing goes right for the Cowboys. Romo's worst game as a Cowboy to date. Talk radio is now calling for Jason Garrett's head served on a platter. Record 0-2

Sept. 21: at St. Louis Rams, 1 WIN - Nothing cures a team in disarray than a game against the Rams, even on the road. The team plays lights out. Romo has his best game as a Cowboy to date. Dez goes off for 4 TD's. The defense holds the Rams to 13 points. Talk radio is now talking about giving Jason Garrett a raise and a new contract. Record 1-2

Sept. 28: New Orleans Saints, 8:30 LOSS - The return of Rob Ryan to JerryWorld. Rob is out to make a statement. Brees returns to his home state. It's on primetime. It's a great game. It's back and forth. Ratings are through the roof for TV. Saints have the better team. Talk radio is reporting that Jason Garrett has been put on notice by Jerry. Record 1-3

Oct. 5: Houston Texans, 1 WIN - Nothing cures a team in disarray than a game against the Texans and at home. Murray goes off on the Texans D and puts a hit on Clowney that introduces him to the NFL. Unfortunately, Murray suffers a concussion from lowering hit head and exits the game. Talk radio reports that Murray could miss 1-2 weeks. Record 2-3

Oct. 12: at Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 LOSS - This game is embarrassing to watch. Dallas pulls their starters after the 1st half so that no starters suffers an injury in the blowout. 2nd blowout in 6 games. Talk radio is making people jump off the Cowboy bandwagon this week. Forest fire alert starting that Monday. Record 2-4

Oct. 19: New York Giants, 4:25 WIN - Finally, a team that is in as much disarray as the Cowboys and a division rival at home. Romo does enough to win and the defense gets a goal line stand in the final minute of play to save the season. Jerry is spotted walking on the sidelines in the 4th quarter. Record 3-4

Oct. 27: Washington Redskins (Mon.), 8:30 WIN - Primetime Monday Night Football against the hated Skins at home. They are usually $$$ in these games. RG3 is coming into the game with injury concerns but finds Jackson (once again) for a 80 yard TD. Murray returns from the concussion and has 200 yards on the ground. Romo throws for another 300 yards. Total domination. All hail the Cowboys, they have made it to .500. Record 4-4

Nov. 2: Arizona Cardinals, 1 WIN - Normally I would say Arizona as they usually own the Cowboys, but it's at Jerry World and Romo has the offense clicking. The Cowboys D holds Fitz to just 50 yards receiving but does have a TD. That is Fitz's 9th TD of the season. Dan Bailey kicks 5 FG's but Romo also tosses 2 TD's. Talk radio is now discussing how this teams can make the playoffs and what a turnaround this has been. Record 5-4

Nov. 9: at Jacksonville Jaguars (London), 1 WIN - But it's a struggle against the lowly Jags. It's an ugly. Romo throws 3 picks. Jag's have 4 turnovers. Dez saves the day in the 4th quarter with a reverse that goes for 75 yards. Cowboys win by double digits but the game is in doubt till late 4th quarter. Talk radio discusses what a champion Romo is for fighting back after the 3 INT's. 4 Straight W's!!!! Like in Dallas is good! Record 6-4

Nov. 16: BYE

Nov. 23: at New York Giants, 8:30* LOSS - This would be the 4th straight win against the Giants if the Cowboys won and that aint' happening. Eli puts the team on his back and lights the Cowboys secondary (who's been playing well as of late) up. Cowboys make a late push to cut it to a FG but Eli milks away the clock in a 5 minute late 4th quarter drive. TV camera's show Jerry up in the suites 10 different times during that drive. Record 6-5

Nov. 27: Philadelphia Eagles (Thu.), 4:30 WIN - Turkey Day Football which means it's Cowboy football. And we all know the Cowboys can win on turkey day. It's their day. The stars always align on turkey day and this is no exception. Eagles put up a fight. Romo throws for 400 yards. Foles throws for 350 yards. It's a fantasy gold mine for this game. Both teams are in the 30's. Record 7-5

Dec. 4: at Chicago Bears (Thu.), 8:25 LOSS - Wait, another Thursday game, back to back? This confuses the Cowboys and they come in unprepared due to the staff thinking they had till Sunday to prepare. Garrett looks lost. Romo looks lost. The Bear fans are going nuts. Total confusion on the Cowboys sideline. Before they know it, they are down 24-3. Jerry is no where to be seen. Romo gets banged up and doesn't play the 4th quarter. Talk radio begins to discuss whether Romo has played his last down. Record 7-6

Dec. 14: at Philadelphia Eagles, 8:30* LOSS - Romo sits out due to "sore back". The Eagles are playing for the playoffs. Manziel starts his first NFL game against the wrong team in the wrong city. He's running for his life most of the game. The other 10 guys just stand around and watch him zig and zag from sideline to sideline. He escapes without any big hits or injury but Cowboys lose and lose pretty big. The December woos continue fro Da Boys. Record 7-7

Dec. 21: Indianapolis Colts, 4:25 WIN - Romo is back (sort of, get it, get it!!!) and rumors are he took injections to ease the back pain. The Cowboys are still in the wildcard race and 2 wins will get them in. The Colts are young but are no match for the motivated Cowboys and Romo! The defense holds Luck to just 200 yards passing. Jerry is spotted walking the sidelines again in the 4th. Yea, that's right! A December W for the Cowboys! Playoffs are within reach. Record 8-7

Dec. 28: at Washington Redskins, 1 LOSS - Romo goes down in the 1st quarter and is not seen again for the game. The Cowboys make a late run in the 4th quarter with Manziel off the bench and he almost pulls off the miracle with a 40 yard pass that hits Austin (recently picked up Austin from the FA wire) in the hamstring which is reinjured once again. Cowboys playoff hopes are done. Romo could be done. The season is done. Days later Garrett is giving a contract extension to coach the Cowboys another 5 years. Record 8-8

8-8 and Jason Garrett comes back again. :banghead:

I think I'll got to the game in Saint Louis. Need to see them at least once this year

Can't believe no one has commented on the Dec. 14th game yet. He-He.

Can't believe no one has commented on the Dec. 14th game yet. He-He.

I'm too upset about going 8-8 again. Even though Johnny Football is in the house.

Can't wait for our text chains to start up again........LOL!

I am so ready for that. Made football season even more fun.

I am so ready for that. Made football season even more fun.

Especially those night games when we knew everyone would be watching. I think they have 5-6 Thurs/Sun. Night/Mon Night games this year. I'm too lazy to look above.

Here is my official Dallas Cowboys breakdown of their 2014 schedule and where they will finish by week 17.

Sept. 7: San Francisco 49ers, 4:25 LOSS - Close game at halftime but then a few early TO's by the Cowboy sideline while on offense occurs in the 3rd quarter ends up costing them in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter and are unable to stop the clock or the 49'ers from running it out. It's now a week of "who's really calliing the plays" on talk radio. Record 0-1.

Sept. 14: at Tennessee Titans, 1 LOSS - In a game where no one from the Titan's 2011 roster is playing on the 2014 roster, the Titans shock the Cowboys in a double digit win that isn't really that close. Nothing goes right for the Cowboys. Romo's worst game as a Cowboy to date. Talk radio is now calling for Jason Garrett's head served on a platter. Record 0-2

Sept. 21: at St. Louis Rams, 1 WIN - Nothing cures a team in disarray than a game against the Rams, even on the road. The team plays lights out. Romo has his best game as a Cowboy to date. Dez goes off for 4 TD's. The defense holds the Rams to 13 points. Talk radio is now talking about giving Jason Garrett a raise and a new contract. Record 1-2

Sept. 28: New Orleans Saints, 8:30 LOSS - The return of Rob Ryan to JerryWorld. Rob is out to make a statement. Brees returns to his home state. It's on primetime. It's a great game. It's back and forth. Ratings are through the roof for TV. Saints have the better team. Talk radio is reporting that Jason Garrett has been put on notice by Jerry. Record 1-3

Oct. 5: Houston Texans, 1 WIN - Nothing cures a team in disarray than a game against the Texans and at home. Murray goes off on the Texans D and puts a hit on Clowney that introduces him to the NFL. Unfortunately, Murray suffers a concussion from lowering hit head and exits the game. Talk radio reports that Murray could miss 1-2 weeks. Record 2-3

Oct. 12: at Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 LOSS - This game is embarrassing to watch. Dallas pulls their starters after the 1st half so that no starters suffers an injury in the blowout. 2nd blowout in 6 games. Talk radio is making people jump off the Cowboy bandwagon this week. Forest fire alert starting that Monday. Record 2-4

Oct. 19: New York Giants, 4:25 WIN - Finally, a team that is in as much disarray as the Cowboys and a division rival at home. Romo does enough to win and the defense gets a goal line stand in the final minute of play to save the season. Jerry is spotted walking on the sidelines in the 4th quarter. Record 3-4

Oct. 27: Washington Redskins (Mon.), 8:30 WIN - Primetime Monday Night Football against the hated Skins at home. They are usually $$$ in these games. RG3 is coming into the game with injury concerns but finds Jackson (once again) for a 80 yard TD. Murray returns from the concussion and has 200 yards on the ground. Romo throws for another 300 yards. Total domination. All hail the Cowboys, they have made it to .500. Record 4-4

Nov. 2: Arizona Cardinals, 1 WIN - Normally I would say Arizona as they usually own the Cowboys, but it's at Jerry World and Romo has the offense clicking. The Cowboys D holds Fitz to just 50 yards receiving but does have a TD. That is Fitz's 9th TD of the season. Dan Bailey kicks 5 FG's but Romo also tosses 2 TD's. Talk radio is now discussing how this teams can make the playoffs and what a turnaround this has been. Record 5-4

Nov. 9: at Jacksonville Jaguars (London), 1 WIN - But it's a struggle against the lowly Jags. It's an ugly. Romo throws 3 picks. Jag's have 4 turnovers. Dez saves the day in the 4th quarter with a reverse that goes for 75 yards. Cowboys win by double digits but the game is in doubt till late 4th quarter. Talk radio discusses what a champion Romo is for fighting back after the 3 INT's. 4 Straight W's!!!! Like in Dallas is good! Record 6-4

Nov. 16: BYE

Nov. 23: at New York Giants, 8:30* LOSS - This would be the 4th straight win against the Giants if the Cowboys won and that aint' happening. Eli puts the team on his back and lights the Cowboys secondary (who's been playing well as of late) up. Cowboys make a late push to cut it to a FG but Eli milks away the clock in a 5 minute late 4th quarter drive. TV camera's show Jerry up in the suites 10 different times during that drive. Record 6-5

Nov. 27: Philadelphia Eagles (Thu.), 4:30 WIN - Turkey Day Football which means it's Cowboy football. And we all know the Cowboys can win on turkey day. It's their day. The stars always align on turkey day and this is no exception. Eagles put up a fight. Romo throws for 400 yards. Foles throws for 350 yards. It's a fantasy gold mine for this game. Both teams are in the 30's. Record 7-5

Dec. 4: at Chicago Bears (Thu.), 8:25 LOSS - Wait, another Thursday game, back to back? This confuses the Cowboys and they come in unprepared due to the staff thinking they had till Sunday to prepare. Garrett looks lost. Romo looks lost. The Bear fans are going nuts. Total confusion on the Cowboys sideline. Before they know it, they are down 24-3. Jerry is no where to be seen. Romo gets banged up and doesn't play the 4th quarter. Talk radio begins to discuss whether Romo has played his last down. Record 7-6

Dec. 14: at Philadelphia Eagles, 8:30* LOSS - Romo sits out due to "sore back". The Eagles are playing for the playoffs. Manziel starts his first NFL game against the wrong team in the wrong city. He's running for his life most of the game. The other 10 guys just stand around and watch him zig and zag from sideline to sideline. He escapes without any big hits or injury but Cowboys lose and lose pretty big. The December woos continue fro Da Boys. Record 7-7

Dec. 21: Indianapolis Colts, 4:25 WIN - Romo is back (sort of, get it, get it!!!) and rumors are he took injections to ease the back pain. The Cowboys are still in the wildcard race and 2 wins will get them in. The Colts are young but are no match for the motivated Cowboys and Romo! The defense holds Luck to just 200 yards passing. Jerry is spotted walking the sidelines again in the 4th. Yea, that's right! A December W for the Cowboys! Playoffs are within reach. Record 8-7

Dec. 28: at Washington Redskins, 1 LOSS - Romo goes down in the 1st quarter and is not seen again for the game. The Cowboys make a late run in the 4th quarter with Manziel off the bench and he almost pulls off the miracle with a 40 yard pass that hits Austin (recently picked up Austin from the FA wire) in the hamstring which is reinjured once again. Cowboys playoff hopes are done. Romo could be done. The season is done. Days later Garrett is giving a contract extension to coach the Cowboys another 5 years. Record 8-8

This would be funny if it didn't sound so TRUE....uggh

Oh and No Johnny Football.....PLEASE!

I quit reading Cowboy stuff at week #3. No way they beat the Rams...

I quit reading Cowboy stuff at week #3. No way they beat the Rams...

My report is accurate and reliable with a very small percentage for error. I stand my my report (certain parts of it anyways).

Bucs season ticket holder here - have been since I moved to Tampa in '09. It has been a tough five seasons. On the third coach since I've been here. Have confidence in Lovie Smith.

Don't really like the new uniforms:

New-Buccaneers-Uniforms-2.jpg

2014 schedule: doesn't look good for the Bucs. QB: we really need one. McCown is a 10-yr journeyman who had five good games for the Bears last season, and now he's starter? Looks like we're going to draft Sammy Watkins if he's there, or maybe one of the QBs (Bortles, Manziel, Carr).

Screen-Shot-2014-04-24-at-7.32.12-AM.png

Oh no... JB is gonna go nuts!!

I see the Bucs going 1-0 to start the season. After that there just might be 15 straight L's in there.

I see the Bucs going 1-0 to start the season. After that there just might be 15 straight L's in there.

You missed the news, Schiano is gone.

And just when I thought I had a new team picked out to root for...They fall by the wayside.
Vince Young? Really? Guy is a cancer. Maybe he can call them the #DreamTeam.
If they draft Bortles, I am on the train. If its Johnny M, I will find another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back