Gatorade Drops Tiger Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to one person on here, yes, it would...

Wait, but if Tiger thinks that an athlete can be a role model, would that not make him a moron? :confused2:

I will say it again. If you only cared about his golf game, you would care very little about what others thought about him. It just does not make any sense.

I will say it again. If you only cared about his golf game, you would care very little about what others thought about him. It just does not make any sense.

The reason I speak out is because...

A. Hardly no one else will
B. Some of the obvious hate and ill feelings toward the guy are obvious and un-checked
C. Seeing so much of it just prompted me to be one of the few to defend him.

Do I personally care about Tiger as a person? No, I honestly really don't. I don't really think about him, nor do I lose any sleep thinking about him. I speak out for the above reasons, and to subtly remind everyone to focus on his golfing ability, not his personal life.

The guy has brought so so much to golf. To the players, fans, sponsors, etc etc etc.

He screws up in his personal life and a lot want to forget all of that, and in turn, trash him.

I feel that's wrong.

The reason I speak out is because...

A. Hardly no one else will
B. Some of the obvious hate and ill feelings toward the guy are obvious and un-checked
C. Seeing so much of it just prompted me to be one of the few to defend him.

Do I personally care about Tiger as a person? No, I honestly really don't. I don't really think about him, nor do I lose any sleep thinking about him. I speak out for the above reasons, and to subtly remind everyone to focus on his golfing ability, not his personal life.

The guy has brought so so much to golf. To the players, fans, sponsors, etc etc etc.

He screws up in his personal life and a lot want to forget all of that, and in turn, trash him.

I feel that's wrong.

Nobody has ever denied what he brought to golf. But who cares if nobody will defend him. The people that are speaking out have every right as a fan to have disdain for what he did as a person. Forget that it is his personal life. If I found out my neighbor or best friend cheated on his wife 10+ times, I would feel the same way. That the guy is a scumbag for what he did, and what he is as a person.

WHo cares what he has done as a lawyer and prosecutor and that he has tried some pretty bad people and put them away. I would still think he was a scum bag. So I do not believe that for a second that you only care about his golf game and are speaking out because of that.

Nobody has ever denied what he brought to golf. But who cares if nobody will defend him. The people that are speaking out have every right as a fan to have disdain for what he did as a person. Forget that it is his personal life. If I found out my neighbor or best friend cheated on his wife 10+ times, I would feel the same way. That the guy is a scumbag for what he did, and what he is as a person.

WHo cares what he has done as a lawyer and prosecutor and that he has tried some pretty bad people and put them away. I would still think he was a scum bag. So I do not believe that for a second that you only care about his golf game and are speaking out because of that.

What did your neighbor do to you personally? (hypothetically speaking)

Because he did something that had absolutely NOTHING to do w/ you, you're going to label him a scumbag and not like him as a person?

There are so many variables that you don't know about in that situation that it's quite unfair to react that way towards a person.

(Do I need to list examples of said variables? I really don't want to)

I guess it's my general attitude that if someone has treated you kindly and fairly and has never done anything against you, why would you have a problem with them because of something they did unrelated to you?

I'm not saying that's true about all people and what they may have done. I'm not gonna be all warm and cozy w/ a convicted murderer, for instance. But that's an extreme example.

A guy who cheats or has cheated on his wife?

If he's cool w/ me, I'm cool w/ him. I gotta be honest.

You can believe what you want about how I feel about Tiger, but I'm not going to lie about it.

Because he did something that had absolutely NOTHING to do w/ you, you're going to label him a scumbag and not like him as a person?

There are so many variables that you don't know about in that situation that it's quite unfair to react that way towards a person.

I guess it's my general attitude that if someone has treated you kindly and fairly and has never done anything against you, why would you have a problem with them because of something they did unrelated to you?

I'm not saying that's true about all people and what they may have done. I'm not gonna be all warm and cozy w/ a convicted murderer, for instance. But that's an extreme example.

You can believe what you want about how I feel about Tiger, but I'm not going to lie about it.

One of my very best friends cheated on his wife. He's no longer a friend. I was married for 25 years, I never found a good enough reason to cheat. If I remember right I said some vow's or something. Scumbag is pretty light wording from my point of view.

One of my very best friends cheated on his wife. He's no longer a friend. I was married for 25 years, I never found a good enough reason to cheat. If I remember right I said some vow's or something. Scumbag is pretty light wording from my point of view.

Ok. Clearly, we have differing opinions on this. Maybe that's the root reason for all of this bickering. How do we feel about guys cheating on their wives?

I feel it's a horrible act against his wife and his family. I honestly, truly feel that way.

However, I'm not going to hate or spite or dislike someone WHO I DON'T EVEN KNOW PERSONALLY, for it. Especially when I only, truly liked them because of their ability to play a sport and how they played their sport.

That's it in a nutshell.

So Tiger was nice to you personally, so its okay? RIIIIIIGHT!

Im sorry, I live by certain ethics and morals and like to surround myself by others of like mindset and morals.

To me honesty is the number one thing. If someone is a liar, then that is all it takes. That is what Mr. Woods did. Lied. Whether it be to me or anybody else. A liar is a liar.

And someone that lacks this much moral fiber, (said so himself), gets no defense.

I love the fact that Tiger Woods labelled himself as wrong, a bad person, a liar, etc...Yet you want to still defend him. If you ONLY care about his golf game, and Tiger himself has said how wrong and bad he was, let people think whatever they want.

I am not even sure there is such a thing as "sex addiction". A lot of experts on "addictions" are not sure either. My wife tends to believes that what TW did falls under the psychiatric disorder branch of poor judgement. Her reasoning is that he had/has a wife, who if willing, could have fulfilled all his sexual urges. If she was not up to par with that aspect of their marriage, she surely would have known something was not quite right with her guy. That, and the amount of mental pressure involved at the level Tiger played at, and his own arrogance could be considered the primary causes of poor decision making on his part.

You would have to think that as smart as Tiger is, when the so called "addictive" urges hit him, all he would have had to do was just think of Grandma, naked in the shower. Or for that matter Steve Williams.

So Tiger was nice to you personally, so its okay? RIIIIIIGHT!

Im sorry, I live by certain ethics and morals and like to surround myself by others of like mindset and morals.

To me honesty is the number one thing. If someone is a liar, then that is all it takes. That is what Mr. Woods did. Lied. Whether it be to me or anybody else. A liar is a liar.

And someone that lacks this much moral fiber, (said so himself), gets no defense.

How did he lie?

You're not going to bring the whole image thing into this again, are you?

I don't remember him sharing anyone else's hand in marriage other than his wife's. She has a case for him being a liar.

We, as regular folks who have no knowledge of the situation? No, we don't.

He didn't "lie" to me. He also doesn't "owe" me anything.

How did he lie?

You're not going to bring the whole image thing into this again, are you?

I don't remember him sharing anyone else's hand in marriage other than his wife's. She has a case for him being a liar.

We, as regular folks who have no knowledge of the situation? No, we don't.

He didn't "lie" to me. He also doesn't "owe" me anything.

Are you kidding me? When did he lie? Where have you been the last few months!

He does not owe me anything either, I still think his acts were disgusting and wrong. He did not owe me before or now. Nor did Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, Leonard Little, OJ, you, or anybody else.

Its my right to think he is a disgusting pig for what he did. Just like its your right to be in love with him. Dont fool yourself in thinking you only care about his golf game.

I love the fact that Tiger Woods labelled himself as wrong, a bad person, a liar, etc...Yet you want to still defend him. If you ONLY care about his golf game, and Tiger himself has said how wrong and bad he was, let people think whatever they want.

I have said numerous time that what Tiger did was horrible. I have NEVER defended what he did against his wife and family. NEVER.

I even conceded that he was wrong to put himself out there as a "role model". Even though I still think it was wrong for anyone to regard him such, Tiger still has some blame in that.

This simply has NOTHING TO DO W/ GOLF. I care about Tiger, the golfer. Not Tiger, the person. How can I? I don't know him! None of us do.

This simply has NOTHING TO DO W/ GOLF. I care about Tiger, the golfer. Not Tiger, the person. How can I? I don't know him! None of us do.

Then if that is the case, why do you have such a problem that so many think he is a disgusting pig. Let it go already.

Are you kidding me? When did he lie? Where have you been the last few months!

He does not owe me anything either, I still think his acts were disgusting and wrong. He did not owe me before or now. Nor did Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, Leonard Little, OJ, you, or anybody else.

Its my right to think he is a disgusting pig for what he did. Just like its your right to be in love with him. Dont fool yourself in thinking you only care about his golf game.

Yes. How did he lie to you, personally?

He's a star athlete who got caught cheating on his wife.

Where is the lie, in regards to you or I? How does it affect you or I?

Other than not seeing him play golf, it absolutely doesn't. Let's keep things in perspective.

Other than not seeing him play golf, it absolutely doesn't. Let's keep things in perspective.

So let me see if I understand this. I guy can be the biggest liar in the world, but if he did not wrong me personally, I should like the guy?

Bernie Madoff did not lie to me.

Then if that is the case, why do you have such a problem that so many think he is a disgusting pig. Let it go already.

C'mon. Where have I had a problem w/ someone calling him a disgusting pig?

I gave you the reasons for my defense of him earlier. It's really that simple.

Anyone can call him a disgusting pig. Go ahead. It really doesn't offend or bother me. I know you think that it does, but no, it doesn't.

Now, if it's unfair and spiteful, I'll speak up. That part does bother me.

Once again, where have you been? As a fan, he miss represented himself to me, lied. As a fan, he affected me by the lies to his wife. As a member of this board he has cost me way to much brain damage trying to explain something to you that should make perfect sense. Good by!

So let me see if I understand this. I guy can be the biggest liar in the world, but if he did not wrong me personally, I should like the guy?

Bernie Madoff did not lie to me.

You can feel however you want about him.

I defend the hateful, unfair, and spiteful things said about him. Obviously, everyone can have their own opinion of him.

if nikegolf wants to have his stance, then i think that's fine. i see his point but i also see JB and duey's point as well. it's a topic that's never going to end but i have to admit.......it's entertaining as hell to watch.

Better than sex nawwwww but getting there

Better than sex nawwwww but getting there

I have already gone through two bowls of popcorn, five ice cream bars, and a liter of coke watching this debate :D

Re: Gatorade Drops Tiger Woods.

I guess the executives thought "is it in you" might have a whole new meaning.

:zdance:

That's good stuff guys.

I'm not defending what Tiger did. I never did.

Like I've said. Let's keep this in perspective.

Here's a major star athlete who was caught cheating on his wife. Feel about him as you will. Some honestly take that personally and will never be a fan of Tiger's for that. That's anyone's right. Just like it's my right to not judge or denegrade someone who I don't even know, and who has done nothing to me.

In 5 to 10 years, this will be nothing but a slight blemish on his otherwise awesome career. We're perhaps seeing the greatest golfer to ever live, but yet some will never get over this.

Again, it's their right. But, I for one, feel those people are missing out on really enjoying some of the best golf ever played, and yet to be played.

They are one & the same, not sure how you can separate the two.

As far as the not doing anything personally to you bit, I understand completely. I always find it odd that people will be in the streets wailing over someones death even though they never knew the person. Scott Petersen supposedly killed his wife & yet there were people from across the country outraged, crying, etc etc. Obviously this is an extreme example but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to any of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back