Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE:

TRUE linkswear unveils innovative lyt breathe
Versatile release lets golfers prep, live and play in a single pair of shoes

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Redefining what a crossover shoe can be, TRUE linkswear has released the innovative TRUE lyt breathe. Modeled after the popular lyt dry, this extraordinarily light shoe features a breathable mesh upper, as well as a sock-fit liner.

“We pride ourselves on crafting shoes that are made for golf, but ready for anything,” said Jeremy Moore, president of TRUE linkswear. “The lyt breathe takes that mantra to an entirely new level. It’s a shoe that you can wear to the gym, take straight to the course and then head to the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] hole afterward, while not yielding an inch on performance.”

Built on its LYT Comfort Outsole, the lyt breathe’s two piece (EVA and rubber) construction delivers a platform that provides enough stability to perform, while also being comfortable enough to walk 36 holes straight out of the box. It mimics the shape of your foot, allowing your toes to spread out, while giving your feet the feeling of walking barefoot with traction.

At a mere 8.9 oz., the lyt breathe is TRUE’s lightest shoe to date, crafted by a unique, new upper construction method. The shoe features a one-piece sock-like liner that wraps around your foot, providing comfort and flexibility. A saddle/lace box snugly holds the foot in place, while a heel-stability strap provides additional support.

The lyt breathe lists at $129.99, and it comes in four colorways – black/orange, white/salmon, dark grey/highlighter and light grey/navy.

ly%20breathe%202-L.jpg

lyt%20breathe%203-L.jpg

lyt%20breathe%201-L.jpg

Channeling my inner hipster.

Nope, they are still ugly.

Hate to say it, but there is nothing that can save that shoe from looking ugly. Not even alternate colors. In honestly looks like my grandmother's orthopedic shoe mated with a pair of anklestrap sandals

Not exactly my cup of tea.

Extremely bland and BLAH looking

Why do I feel they should have lights on the back and an LA gear logo

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

They sure do look a lot like a running shoe, I hope they've improved on the sole traction.

Nope, they do nothing for me.

Say, they do look comfy though.

I like their shoes a lot, but this one is terrible. Plastic-y with straps all over the place; I don't get it. Some of their other stuff makes me scratch my head too.

not a fan of mesh. Gets wet in the morning rounds.

And the color selection is extremely bland

130 seems step for the small amount of shoe that's there. Looks like it'd take some time to get comfortable with these though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ehhhhh. I thought TL were making steps forward in the style department with last season's offerings. This year...not so much.

True Linkswear - Lyt Breathe Preview

Ehhhhh. I thought TL were making steps forward in the style department with last season's offerings. This year...not so much.

Id agree with this particular offering... It's pretty bad. However Id wear these over the vibram shoes any day. I think those are embarrassing.

Have you seen the gent wingtip? Looks great IMO. Also so does their oxford.

Last edited:
I had these shoes as a kid, I wore them when I went swimming.

These are hideous Looking and I'm not sure a change in colors will do them any good

We saw some nicer styles at the show. I wonder how they will affect your game

Early thoughts (found these on Amazon for $30, and for that price I'll give a pair of shoes a try): Once you get them on your feet, they feel really good...but getting them on your feet is a bit of work. The tongue is completely connected to the sock liner, which means the space to get your foot into is pretty snug. The toe box is generous without feeling loose, which is awesome. Walking around feels great, though I understand that they might feel awkward if you're not familiar with zero-drop shoes. Looks are...well, they look like a bland pair of sneakers. I went with the grey/navy shoes shown in the OP and while they won't win any beauty pageants, they look better in hand than they do in photos. I could easily take these for a trail run. They're very light and the foot fits in a snug, comfortable manner. Will update with thoughts on traction when the weather stops being crappy and I can get these on the course.

I like these shoes - I tried on a pair, decided I needed more arch support so went a different direction.

I like these shoes - I tried on a pair, decided I needed more arch support so went a different direction.

If not for already being a zero-drop shoe aficionado/fanatic, I would definitely contend that these are pretty low support. But since I'm a zero-drop fanatic, I'd say that it's a matter of getting used to the lack of support and building up the muscles in the foot and calf to deal with moving with something that's closer to being barefoot.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people put on shoes like these, remark that they're pretty comfortable, put them away until it's time to walk 18, and wake up the next day with some very sore feet! I would say if you do get a pair of shoes like these or the FootJoy M:project shoes (my go-to shoe) and you don't normally wear shoes of a similar construction, that you get used to walking around wearing them, and wear them for a 9 hole round, before diving into walking 18 with them.

I love these shoes. The grip and traction is top-notch, they're very comfortable over 18 holes walking, carrying the bag. If you can get over the looks -- which I don't think are that bad; they look like a bland pair of sneakers, IMO -- then these are some great shoes.

Still a pain to get on, though.

Back